OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Very dull game between Tampa and Boston just now. Boston doesn’t appear to have enough scoring to contend seriously for a cup this year. Behind Pasta and Marchand they have close to nothing for offense. Debrusk, Zacha, Heinen, Coyle, Frederick, Geekie . . . These guys aren’t going to match up well against the clubs they will need to go through.

They will need either a very hot run from Pasternak, or for someone on the back end - McAvoy, Grzcelik, who knows - to get wicked hot. I don’t see it happening.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Probably asking too much for Montreal to give us any help, even with the Flyers playing sub .500 hockey over the past 10.

Toronto and Carolina need to handle business in regulation if people want to keep the hopium alive
Depends what Habs team shows up. It’s like Jekyll and Hyde

This habs team beat Nashville and Colorado and took Oilers Tampa and Boston to OT, in March alone.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Very dull game between Tampa and Boston just now. Boston doesn’t appear to have enough scoring to contend seriously for a cup this year. Behind Pasta and Marchand they have close to nothing for offense. Debrusk, Zacha, Heinen, Coyle, Frederick, Geekie . . . These guys aren’t going to match up well against the clubs they will need to go through.

They will need either a very hot run from Pasternak, or for someone on the back end - McAvoy, Grzcelik, who knows - to get wicked hot. I don’t see it happening.

There isn't a killer team in the East this year. Wish we were healthy and had a proper coach.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Sabres were talked about as a playoff team only about 5-6 games ago.

They’re better off to have something like this happen to them. Because if they had a hot finish they may give Don Granato another chance next year and they would have missed the playoffs anyway.
My good friend DPS put it best:

I don’t think he’s any good. It’s been a while there and he’s just not getting results.

You don’t get to keep coming back after missing the playoffs that many times, and he’s probably their longest tenured head coach since Lindy Ruff 11+ years ago if I had to guess.
I believe he has coached the 6th most NHL games without coaching a single playoff game.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Habs 2-0! I believe

IMG_9233.jpeg

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Devils need to be within 4 pts of Flyers by the penultimate gm

And 2 pts of Isles in the final gm (if Isles are in the final seed)

And need Detroit and or Caps to keep losing

If that happens they have a chance in the two final gms of the season

Don't care about Washington. It's Philly we need to worry about. I'd rather have Washington help us out by beating Detroit and Philly. Just get in as WC2 and play the Rangers in the first round if they keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad