OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Rangers have a good a chance as anyone to win this year. It is what it is.

I still don't think their defense is that great but their goalies have been erasers this year especially Quick. All gonna depend on 93 and 10. If they no show like they did versus us last year, they're out in Round 1.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The 2023-24 Penguins in a nutshell, can’t win with a 4-0 lead halfway in the 2nd period.

IMG_5538.jpeg
IMG_5539.jpeg

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Since you're our local statistician ( :laugh: ) gotta be some time that there's been two 4-0 comebacks within a relatively short time period (within the last 12 hours recently in the NHL

I have no idea how to look that up, someone get JohnCarl Ziegler.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Times Each Team Has Been Shutout in 23-24
0 TOR
1 ARI, BOS, NSH, NYR, OTT
2 CAR, DAL, EDM, LAK, MTL, TBL, VAN
3 CGY, NJD, STL
4 BUF, CBJ, COL, MIN, PHI
5 DET, PIT, VGK
6 SEA, WSH, WPG
7 FLA, NYI
9 ANA, SJS
11 CHI

Times Each Team Has Had Shut-Outs in 23-24
(Bolded shut out us)
1 ANA, CBJ, CHI, NJD, OTT, SJS
2 CGY, DAL, MTL
3 SEA, VGK
4 BOS, COL, DET, EDM, NSH, NYI, PHI, STL, TBL, TOR
5 BUF, CAR, FLA, MIN, NYR
6 WPG, WSH
7 ARI, LAK, VAN
8 PIT

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was rancid.

4 goals against, 3 were bad and pretty much excruciatingly bad.

He’s always looked really bad to me. I now have him down for 50% of his goals on the year being stoppable, but he’s only allowed 18.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Caps vs Wings tomorrow. Who do we want to win?
I assume Wings bc they are 1 point behind Caps?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Caps vs Wings tomorrow. Who do we want to win?
I assume Wings bc they are 1 point behind Caps?
I wish both would f***in lose.

Really wanna see the Yzerplan go down in f***in flames, but I also don’t think the Capitals are good for the playoffs. They’re gonna be a ratings killer. Not enough skill, slow, old. Just a really bad team.

Detroit is also bad, but they have a couple of exciting players and they’re not nearly as slow and unskilled like that Capitals team is.

That’s a bad team and a real blow up doll for the Rangers in the first round if they get them. That’s like a bye week.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
In the West…Vegas beats St. Louis in OT to go 5 points up on the Blues with a games in hand. That pretty much ends the Blues’ realistic chance. Vegas still has two head to head games vs Minnesota left so they haven’t punched their tickets yet.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I wish both would f***in lose.

Really wanna see the Yzerplan go down in f***in flames, but I also don’t think the Capitals are good for the playoffs. They’re gonna be a ratings killer. Not enough skill, slow, old. Just a really bad team.

Detroit is also bad, but they have a couple of exciting players and they’re not nearly as slow and unskilled like that Capitals team is.

That’s a bad team and a real blow up doll for the Rangers in the first round if they get them. That’s like a bye week.

You keep calling the Caps a “ratings killer” and I don’t see how that’s based on anything other than your own dislike.

They’re very popular and Ovechkin has been white hot. Marketable stars are marketable.

Ovi’s last 34 GP 20G 18A 38 pts

They likely won’t make it out of the 1st rd, if they make it, but that happens with most 8th seeds.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You keep calling the Caps a “ratings killer” and I don’t see how that’s based on anything other than your own dislike.

They’re very popular and Ovechkin has been white hot. Marketable stars are marketable.

Ovi’s last 34 GP 20G 18A 38 pts

They likely won’t make it out of the 1st rd, if they make it, but that happens with most 8th seeds.
You’re gonna tell me you are entertained one bit by the current incarnation of the Capitals?

They do have Ovechkin and I agree with your point about them being marketable because of it.

But they are a f***ing eyesore. I would bet most agree they rank near the bottom of the league in watchability.

I just can’t see too many viewers wanting to keep their game on, especially when at least one other game will be going on at the same time.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You’re gonna tell me you are entertained one bit by the current incarnation of the Capitals?

They do have Ovechkin and I agree with your point about them being marketable because of it.

But they are a f***ing eyesore. I would bet most agree they rank near the bottom of the league in watchability.

I just can’t see too many viewers wanting to keep their game on, especially when at least one other game will be going on at the same time.
Things change over a course of a season.

They’ve actually been much better lately because they are largely healthy for the first time. And they have not been playing boring games lately.

3.4 goals per gm in March

4.4 goals per gm in their last stretch

March has been a big 180 for them in terms of goal production

Lets see if it will last.

As for what we want, we want a Detroit Rangers wins tomorrow.

If Devils win again they would be 5 pts back of Flyers, which is absolutely wild. As I said, Devils are still in it if they can be within 4pts of Flyers by they time they play each other. (Obviously one of Wings Caps must falter )

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Things change over a course of a season.

They’ve actually been much better lately because they are largely healthy for the first time. And they have not been playing boring games lately.

3.4 goals per gm in March

4.4 goals per gm in their last stretch

March has been a big 180 for them in terms of goal production
Have they actually been playing better lately? They seem like #Teamunsustainable

There’s one or two every year. Sometimes even two per conference. The Islanders were probably that last year. This year it’s them and the Red Wings.

24 in expected goals. 25th in 5 on 5 expected goals.

They were 27th for the better part of this season, so I guess they’re playing marginally better.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Have they actually been playing better lately? They seem like #Teamunsustainable

There’s one or two every year. Sometimes even two per conference. The Islanders were probably that last year. This year it’s them and the Red Wings.
For the first time all season, yes. They are finally playing even in games since February (as shown in the cumulative xGoal differential chart below) . With their good goaltending and all of sudden scoring, they are winning. They were ASS Oct to Feb which made it annoying as hell to see all of the wins they lucked into early on

IMG_4730.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad