OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
We should have beaten this Boston team more. They aren't that good.

They're maybe marginally better than average this year, and they've really feasted on loser points (not as much as the Islanders and they aren't as bad as the Islanders) the two-headed goalie monster, which is now springing some leaks and everyone knows they tried to trade Ullmark in season.

They should beat someone like Detroit, but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't. I wouldn't consider it an upset, since I'm half expecting it.

Tampa should definitely be able to take them, as mediocre as they are this year in their own right.

I remember Vitek the coward being the Bruins first star in one of our losses to them. I think we were shutout in the other one.
Boston is definitely frisky. I don’t see them getting past round 2

Not enough depth and relying on the otl to much this year

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

They're probably gonna FUBAR their one big strength in goal. I'm sure if one goalie struggles they'll go to the other guy after just a game or two.

Ironically, they should have done that earlier than they did last year. Didn't they wait until game 7 to start Swayman over Ullmark? And Ullmark was looking beyond lost by about game 4 or 5.

I don't think they ever came out and said exactly what Ullmark was dealing with at that time, but it seemed fairly serious.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What changed? Too touristy? I have only been to eastern side of Tennessee in the mountains to fish :)
Its party city now and bachelorette party meca. And all the old famous places are closing down shop for the Luke Bryan bars of the world.

Also. Its so many people visiting now they have to expand the sidewalks into the road with barriers. When I first went 12 years ago it wasn’t like that.

Listen to me, I sound like an old man. Im 33 lmao

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Its party city now and bachelorette party meca. And all the old famous places are closing down shop for the Luke Bryan bars of the world.

Also. Its so many people visiting now they have to expand the sidewalks into the road with barriers. When I first went 12 years ago it wasn’t like that.

Sucks but it seems like it's happening everywhere.... little towns I've been going to for 40+ years upstate New York now have sushi restaurants and art galleries ..lol

A lot of stuff changed after the pandemic.

I've been going down to the Florida Keys for 25+ years and sleepy little fishing places like Robbie's are major tourist spots with actual tour buses stopping to let the people feed the tarpon. My jaw dropped seeing a tour bus stop at a marina just this January.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You are that old? Did your grandchildren pick out your assisted living facility yet? I can’t imagine what it must be like to be that old. Do you have to have someone pre-chew your food and spoon feed you with it like gruel? I’m so fortunate I’m fresh and spry like a first growth Bordeaux.

Last edited:
Reactions: NjDevsRR and JimEIV

Camille the Eel

They are in free fall, going into the playoffs in the worst possible form. They are where they are because of the hot start. But maybe they turn it around and surprise in a good way. The opposite of last year. But right now I wouldn’t bet on them winning even one series. And look at their roster at forward. How have they even got the record they do.

Next year they may be truly a bubble team.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I seriously think it's something special when your leading scorer is willing to drop the gloves. The message it sends to the entire team is invaluable.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Canucks feel good story reminds me of us last year, their analytics suck but that fanbase deserves a good team

Horseshoe Rags

Beat FLA without Ekblad, Forsling and Barkov. I wouldn't worry, I don't even think they get past Carolina if Freddy plays all 7 games

Reactions: Dialamo

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Canucks feel good story reminds me of us last year, their analytics suck but that fanbase deserves a good team

Beat FLA without Ekblad, Forsling and Barkov. I wouldn't worry, I don't even think they get past Carolina if Freddy plays all 7 games
They have the Canes number it seems. The Rags are scaring me as they have a very good team. Don't let the sore losers in here be so blind. We really need a team like Florida to knock them out or maybe Carolina at some point if they meet them. Boston are pretenders and Toronto is Torotno. Realistically we are gonna need the Panthers or the Lightning if they can get their shot together to knock them out.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They have the Canes number it seems. The Rags are scaring me as they have a very good team. Don't let the sore losers in here be so blind. We really need a team like Florida to knock them out or maybe Carolina at some point if they meet them. Boston are pretenders and Toronto is Torotno. Realistically we are gonna need the Panthers or the Lightning if they can get their shot together to knock them out.

I mean, yeah they're a good team. And consider what I said in the PGT today, I'm sure you've seen my feelings in regard of them. That being said, Detroit, TB, or the Islanders could all be very bad matchups for them round 1. Kane could utterly go ballistic on them for not bringing him back with his hip looking amazing, TB is the most veteran laden team in the league besides PIT and the Islanders will make their lives a living hell even if they advance. Hell, even if they draws Washington, who knows what Tom Wilson does? And as for tonight, Florida didn't have 3 really good players and went to OT granted they blew that game. I think Florida washes them in a playoff series, the Canes are dependent on Aho/Svech. For some reason, they always have awful games against NYR in any high stakes game. The only team I can't see giving NYR a tough time is ironically Boston, their centers suck to matchup with Zib/Trocheck. Every other East team can give them a different look at the worst. It's a shame we suck because I know NYR fans would shit their pants if we clawed to WC2 and they saw us in round 1 after last year despite the season series.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I mean, yeah they're a good team. And consider what I said in the PGT today, I'm sure you've seen my feelings in regard of them. That being said, Detroit, TB, or the Islanders could all be very bad matchups for them round 1. Kane could utterly go ballistic on them for not bringing him back with his hip looking amazing, TB is the most veteran laden team in the league besides PIT and the Islanders will make their lives a living hell even if they advance. Hell, even if they draws Washington, who knows what Tom Wilson does? And as for tonight, Florida didn't have 3 really good players and went to OT granted they blew that game. I think Florida washes them in a playoff series, the Canes are dependent on Aho/Svech. For some reason, they always have awful games against NYR in any high stakes game. The only team I can't see giving NYR a tough time is ironically Boston, their centers suck to matchup with Zib/Trocheck. Every other East team can give them a different look at the worst. It's a shame we suck because I know NYR fans would shit their pants if we clawed to WC2 and they saw us in round 1 after last year despite the season series.
Yeah the 7th and 8th seeded teams can give them a good fight and maybe suprise them. Florida IMO is a better team than the Rangers , just not in goal but Bobrovsky and Stalock have both been really good this year. Florida is basically Carolina if the Hurricanes could actually make it past the Conference Finals. Both are veteran heavy well coached teams that don't rely too heavily on any players on their ELC's. They have the pieces in my eyes to make a run to the Finals and I'd love to see one of them stomp the Rags out. With the Rangers you know the odds are they will choke at some point , could see the Lightning giving them a 1st round knockout. If Vaslivesky finds his game and the Lightning's top guys go off the Rags will have their hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad