OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Jarry was awful today.
Not sure that the last ones on him all the same - no time to come out on the angle with a bouncing puck, he’s pretty square to the play and probably where he’s supposed to be, and the shot is a laser into an area 2 inches by 3. The defensemen who don’t tie up Palms their fault maybe. Palms loves to pick that high short side doesn’t he.

But yeah Jarry is the weakness on this Pitt team. If they had cup worthy goaltending they’d be a different story.

Reactions: Mgd31

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Palmieri is single-handedly going to drop our pick back isn't he? Is that irony? Poetic? Redemptive? Shitty?
It’s one game, I wouldn’t assume the Isles are making the EC Finals yet. If Sullivan loses in the 1st round I’m curious what happens to him under the new management. (I’m not calling the series either.)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
thats my point, eliminate the Isles in the first round so they can't advance any further, if they get hot they could win a few rounds

Yes, but it’s only winning the second round that matters or not.

People often think winning the first round affects draft picks and it doesn’t.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah it’s only a game but the day the trade happened I thought Lou fleeced fitz with zajac and palm only costing him a first. Palm legit scoring threat and zajac is someone Lou 100% overpays for. To get both for a legit playoff push and it only cost that low first? No brainer.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah it’s only a game but the day the trade happened I thought Lou fleeced fitz with zajac and palm only costing him a first. Palm legit scoring threat and zajac is someone Lou 100% overpays for. To get both for a legit playoff push and it only cost that low first? No brainer.

i thought that too initially, but palms has sucked. so has zajac the winger who hasn't even played in over a week. i now have no problems with the return fitz got, especially considering the market this deadline. look at what hall returned. in fact, i think fitz took advantage of an old man whose priorities were, once again, completely out of whack.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i thought that too initially, but palms has sucked. so has zajac the winger who hasn't even played in over a week. i now have no problems with the return fitz got, especially considering the market this deadline. look at what hall returned. in fact, i think fitz took advantage of an old man whose priorities were, once again, completely out of whack.

yeah maybe but to me Lou would’ve overpaid for zajac and palm is 10000% a Lou type of guy. He’s in a win now mode and I think would’ve/should’ve given up more. Isles got two very solid players

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vegas in 6

Minnesota owned them in the regular season though. Can’t see them doing it in the playoffs.

Camille the Eel

It’s one game, I wouldn’t assume the Isles are making the EC Finals yet. If Sullivan loses in the 1st round I’m curious what happens to him under the new management. (I’m not calling the series either.)
Murray really has gotten the max out of this roster all the same. And can Makin return in a form that makes a difference. The goaltending is the weakness as everyone has pointed out. And if they can get by this series (and I still think they probably will) that gives Malkin time to return in something like true form.

Jarry or whoever else is or becomes available just has to get hot.

Notice how Pullock (spelling?) was never far away when Crosby was on the ice?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
All you acting that a 17th vs 20th overall pick is going to make or break us. Give me a break.
What? It only changes if they make the EC finals and then it’s one of the last four picks and that drop would suck for us.

One OT win doesn’t actually get them into the EC finals though and they don’t suddenly have a great shot at that without Varlamov and Lee. And most TDL rental deals with 1sts have that danger, most contenders don’t have spare 1sts.

And “fleeced” stuff is just goofy, particularly since Zajac is just center depth and not even playing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What? It only changes if they make the EC finals and then it’s one of the last four picks and that drop would suck for us.

One OT win doesn’t actually get them into the EC finals though and they don’t suddenly have a great shot at that without Varlamov and Lee. And most TDL rental deals with 1sts have that danger, most contenders don’t have spare 1sts.

And “fleeced” stuff is just goofy, particularly since Zajac is just center depth and not even playing.
Wouldn't it also change if teams like Vegas make the conference Finals, so it could change, for the better, independent of what the Isles do?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It’s #20 as of now if Isles don’t make it to round 3. Very very unlikely it gets better unless Preds and ??? Not sure what other team goes deep ( 3rd round ) .Montreal I think
Ya I think the Pred's and Vegas. Mtl makes sense as well.

Not that unlikely that at least one of those teams wins 2 rounds.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hadn't heard Zuccarello's name in awhile, looked him up to see he had a pretty good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad