OOT Scoreboard 2019 Stanley Cup PLAYOFFS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Tomas Hertl goal on Fleury. This wouldn't be softy of the night on most nights, but out of the three, this was probably the worst. The one Fleury turned it over for before the Goodrow goal probably could have been it, but this looked poor. Bret Hedican says ''He uses the defenseman as a screen'', but I don't think he was screened. He looks like he tracks this and misses it, but I didn't like his angle on it.

Reactions: Dialamo

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I’m sure he can play LW as needed but he would be a great depth C to have, we can shift Zacha to LW or have Hughes start as a winger on Hayes or Zachas line which would give him protection. Theoretically:

Hall Hischier Bratt
Hughes Hayes Palmieri
Zacha Zajac Coleman
Wood Rooney Bastian

The idea of having Hughes setting up two big players who drive the net like Palms and Hayes intrigues me. Those last 3 lines are also BIG lines which is great. We need some more physicality. I’d be extremely comfortable rolling with that forward group if we cannot sign one of the premier scoring wingers in free agency. Hayes would be a shrewd move by Shero. All else that is needed is a big upgrade on D.

i wanted hayes, but then we won the draft lottery. the one area i don’t want to spend money/assets is down the middle...and i’d prefer not shifting hayes or hughes to the wing.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Camille the Eel

Wrong thread, but I think Zacha moves to wing at least a large part of the time. Completing the Leon Draisaitl analogy. (Because Draisaitl is a natural center but plays or played a lot of wing). Because Zacha is a pretty good pure finisher on the one timer, with a slap shot, he can benefit from a set up man like either Hischier or Hughes. Good problem to be so deep down the middle now that we have to shift centers to wing.

As to this topic: wow, in the St. Louis - Winnipeg series, no home team has won a game.

Plus what's with Washington? They look asleep. I loved the way Carolina took it to them last night, but at the same time the Caps don't look like they have any fire at all in their bellies as to this series. They are ripe to get upset if this continues. Because it seems like only when they actually face an elimination game will they suddenly realize what's at stake. And now they may be without Oshie too. (The way he went to the bench after the hit last night made me think he'd suffered a broken collar bone or rib, at least something that painful but there's probably more news today). Carolina has been the more dangerous team for most of this series. There's no explanation for it but over confidence or complacency on the Capital's part.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
While Toronto played that 3 on 2 perfectly, I can't help but wonder how many people would've sewered Moore for the way he played that if that was him on our team

Reactions: NjDevsRR

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Doesn't happen often but I've definitely seen the situation room initiate offside reviews

I kind of feel like we had one initiated against us in the last couple years, maybe during that playoff push?

Camille the Eel

In the final minutes maybe only the league can initiate it. Just a guess but I recall something about it.

This entire series Boston has been hurt repeatedly by allowing the cross ice pass: on power plays, 3 on 2s and even strength. Also the game winning power play goal by Matthews in game 3 - easy feed straight across the entire Bruins PK for a tap in.

What I hate about goalie interference is how inconsistently it’s called. 9 out of 10 times this year, that I saw it, that Matthews goal gets called back.

But the better team, or the one that’s played better, unfortunately for Boston, is leading this series.

Jake Muzzin played a great game tonight for Toronto and has been improving as the series has gone on. Nice feed by him for the Matthews goal. Good pick up for the Leafs. Meanwhile Chara is looking his age; he was the one caught scrambling trying to get across to cover.

If Toronto can lock it down, they are an easier match up for Columbus than Boston.

Reactions: Oneiro

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Luckily, the Flames suck enough that these missed and questionable calls mean nothing.

Operation Eliminate Canada is 1/3 complete.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can laugh at me for my Pens and Lightning predictions (who the hell didn't pick the Lightning to win though?), but I was one of the only people that picked Colorado to win this series over Calgary.

I just figured it would be because Calgary would get killed by Mike Smith/David Rittich and that it would go 7 games and not just 5. There was only really one game before this where Smith got lit up and he faced an abnormally high number of shots. He's faced an abnormally high number of shots for a lot of this series.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Maple Leafs vs Bruins: 1 goal against Andersen, no chance. 2 goals against Rask, no chance on either.

Avalanche vs Flames: 1 goal against Grubauer, no chance. 5 goals against Smith, 1 stoppable. I would have given Grubauer a stoppable goal on the only goal he allowed tonight, but didn't because it was a bit of a turnaround shot from Brodie where he twirls around.

So that's 9 goals against goalies tonight, 1 is stoppable. That's 11% of the goals that were scored tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .923%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The softy of the night is this Rantanen goal on Mike Smith, only by default. It was the only goal I marked as stoppable tonight. Wasn't terrible. It was a one timer, but I felt he got over in time and just gets too much of this for it to have been a goal that I couldn't count as stoppable.

Smith played pretty good in this series. I counted 4 goals stoppable out of 17 allowed in total. That's 23.5% of his goals allowed this series I counted stoppable. I've counted 51 of the 194 non-empty net goals this playoffs as stoppable and that's 26.28% of the total goals allowed. So he was better than average on my count and he finishes the playoffs with a .917% save percentage and the league average so far for this playoffs is .915%, so he was better than average there too.

Camille the Eel

The Flames we saw in this series were pretty much how the Flames looked since the All Star break in February - the dynamic scoring dried up for them for long stretches of consecutive games down the stretch.

Who is hot and who cold going into the first round is such a factor. Colorado and Columbus red hot down the stretch and needing to win every game to get in; Calgary and Tampa sputtering and neither had experienced a must win game all season.

The way Calgary got out shot and out chanced by Colorado was very dramatic all series. It just got worse as the series went on.

Giordano had, what, nearly 60 assists for them this year and is probably closer to 40 years old than 30. It’s going to be hard for him to sustain that next year. They are also stuck with a big contract for the aging Neal going forward. Like last year Bennett faded in the second half (injury again?). Some serious re-stocking of their roster will be necessary for them if they hope to be able to go deeper in the playoffs in coming seasons. The talent advantage Colorado showed in this series was dramatic.

Reactions: My3Sons and Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad