Series Discussion: OOT Playoff series Thread (West: Ducks/Preds, East: Pens/Sens)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Sharks could very well go back to San Jose up 2-0. Talbot was the only one who showed up tonight

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I said it on the main board, don't sleep on the Sharks. They may have struggled down the stretch in the regular season; but that's a team that has a tremendous amount of playoff experience. Edmonton's two best players had combined a few minutes of experience between the two (Talbot and McDavid).

It's the same reason the Flames will be in tough against the Ducks. It's a ridiculously experienced team against one without much experience. But that's why you bring in guys like Brouwer and Versteeg; to help guide this group to the next level. If the Flames win this series, I think you see a shift in the Pacific starting next year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Blues win, Bruins win, Oilers lose, Condors lose, Heat get an OT point. All in all it was a pretty good night.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Was thrilled to see the Sharks win that game. Oilers could still win the series, but they should be considered the underdog. Sharks are just a great playoff team nowadays.

That series reminds me a lot of the Jets/Ducks series two years ago. Jets were everyone's trendy upset pick, just like everyone and their dog is picking the Oilers to reach the third round.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Experience is a colossal factor. The Oilers crumpled pretty quickly once the Sharks turned up the heat in the second, Edmonton's young players are simply not used to that pace.

It also helps that Vlasic played some of the best hockey I've ever seen him play.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Blues win, Bruins win, Oilers lose, Condors lose, Heat get an OT point. All in all it was a pretty good night.

Would have preferred a Sens win and a Habs win (cause **** the Rags) but for the most part I can't complain too much last night.

Lets go Caps and Flames tonight. Don't really care who wins out of Hawks-Preds.

Experience is a colossal factor. The Oilers crumpled pretty quickly once the Sharks turned up the heat in the second, Edmonton's young players are simply not used to that pace.

It also helps that Vlasic played some of the best hockey I've ever seen him play.

Which is saying something considering how amazing he is. He'll have to keep that up to keep shutting down McDavid.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
McAvoy looked pretty good for Boston last night. We should be able to pick him up in a couple years for picks once they run him out of town.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hmm.. Judging by Facebook yesterday morning, I could've swore the Oilers had a playoff game last night? But judging by late last night and this morning, maybe I was wrong

:sarcasm:

(I have an unhealthy amount of Oilers fans on my friends list)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Really hope the Sharks blow out the Oilers tomorrow after having to endure that farce of a game

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Well that Rangers late choke makes me feel a bit better about the Flames game last night. Here's hoping there's a Sharks win tonight too

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Upcoming Sportsnet coverage of McDavid's first playoff goal

Who+cares+just+embrace+it+man+_60e77d644ed14aca74c04221084fd821.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad