Onto the next truck

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
I've since moved on. I have a 4runner trd pro and 2020 Lincoln aviator, both are 2020. Both have been a lot of fun when the roads were less cluttered. This past week and a half it's become "normal" again.

As seen here.
View media item 7621
In the end I just realized I am not young anymore and maybe I just want to enjoy myself in rides. I got the gf the 4runner as she likes how the window goes down in the back and we will use it for camping when things open up again and mine...well, it's my toy. Also, sitting in traffic and getting a massage is perfect, mate.

I like the 4Runner, those are real nice

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Wow we are fighting today!
First off, can you stop posting random crap in my thread? Yeah? Cool.

So I won't go into time specs or anything....but I reckon I can change a starter in 15 mins or so lol.

Had a no start in whatever morning,

Saturday I think. Did the whole battery vs starter debate for a day and just made sure my battery was fully charged. No go

So I got a new starter, hooked it up, and kappow! The nut on the one terminal just exploded the housing while tightening

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
After examining the two starters together, it was revealed to me that the original starter just had a wire failure, as it just erroded away .

So I said hey I'll just fix the wire and save $280. Well I fixed the wire and no go still.

Long story short, I bought another new starter and we're good

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
More updates:

The old boy started to sound like a train when braking. It was loud! The brake rotors and pads were new when I bought it so I figured something fishy was up. Upon inspection it was immediately clear that one of the two pistons on the caliper has seized closed. So today I will be replacing the caliper, pads and the clips for the pads followed by a bleed.

As for the other update, while you're out shopping for parts its always nice to grab an extra treat or two :)

20201020_143744_copy_1224x1632.jpg

20201020_143603_copy_1224x1632.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad