Onto the next truck

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Just purchased my 3rd Tahoe/Yukon. In this case a 2001 Tahoe LT with 230,000kms. Should have it Friday or Monday to park beside my 99 Tahoe.

Just something about these trucks. I should add that this is my first of this body style.

$_59-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Couple questions for you.

In what world is that a truck? @Urblock can tell you about a good truck

Why do you enjoy buying beat down shitty vehicles?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
A 2 door Yukon gt now that's a classic reminds me of my older brothers 75 Blazer with removable rear roof
The 92 Yukon GT has been by far my favorite vehicle out of any I've owned. Firebird, blazer, BMW 318i, Navigator, Tahoe, Beretta GT etc...

My close uncle had a similar Blazer to the one you're talking about...Ole Black Betty lol.

Reactions: amj h

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
I like these. I've only ever driven a truck in GTA :)
My brother has a van, won't let me drive it and for good reason.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Couple questions for you.

In what world is that a truck? @Urblock can tell you about a good truck

Why do you enjoy buying beat down ****ty vehicles?

well for starters the entire chassis (frame, suspension, axles, etc) are identical between that Tahoe and a Silverado of the same year.

secondly, having a bed is not a requirement to be a truck

lastly, the LS engine family is legendary for a reason. crazy power to economy rating, and that engine is bulletproof. Can guarantee that motor will outlive the body its in and will roll 300,000 miles without breaking a sweat.

Reactions: HansonBro and amj h

Chonged

Apr 24, 2018
well for starters the entire chassis (frame, suspension, axles, etc) are identical between that Tahoe and a Silverado of the same year.

lastly, the LS engine family is legendary for a reason. crazy power to economy rating, and that engine is bulletproof. Can guarantee that motor will outlive the body its in and will roll 300,000 miles without breaking a sweat.

What Do You Mean By This Exactly?

Does a Body Die?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006

He didn't require an answer lol

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Let's play find the rust :)

Wasn't happy with the rims, so I decided to sand them. Still a couple stages to go but progress is good. Also removed the stone chip guard and replaced the lift gate struts
20180516_012428-1224x1632.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm curious about the mileage, is it even worth it to buy something with over 100,000 kms on it? Seems like it's very high and the problems would just pile up, no?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I'm curious about the mileage, is it even worth it to buy something with over 100,000 kms on it? Seems like it's very high and the problems would just pile up, no?
The mileage? It had 142,000 miles on it when I got it. Just a baby as another poster eluded to. A truck I'm hoping runs for 500k with proper maintenance, I'm fine with the current miles and the price I payed. That's why I love these trucks. People in Canada get scared when they see 200,000 kms and want to give them away.

I think after taxes I was just around $3500 And that was even dealer pricing.

If I have hiccups along the way I'm fine with that too. These trucks are cheap to fix and parts are everywhere.

Fuel mileage, my last tank got me roughly 600kms and only 1 trip of about 50kms was highway. The rest was all stop and go....

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad