Ontario Reign 21-22 Thread 2: Reigndrops keep falling on my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Two questions:

(1) Is there anyone on the Kings' new ECHL affiliate in South Carolina that's worth seeing in-person (or, alternatively: would there be a specific opponent of their's that has a player(s) worth seeing?)

(2) Do AHL (or, even more remotely: NHL) teams ever loan out their players to the ECHL team (or, I guess, have them do rehab or conditioning assignments therein)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Three questions:

(1) Is there anyone on the Kings' new ECHL affiliate in South Carolina that's worth seeing in-person (or, alternatively: would there be a specific opponent of their's that has a player(s) worth seeing?)

(2) Do AHL (or, even more remotely: NHL) teams ever loan out their players to the ECHL team (or, I guess, have them do rehab or conditioning assignments therein)?

Thanks!
1) Not sure if anyone will be assigned to the ECHL this season, though the Kings had Jacob Ingham play there the past couple seasons.

2) along with Ingham to Greenville, they had Lukas Parik play in Rapid City. Jonathan Quick also played in the ECHL for the Reading Royals before making his way up to the NHL

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Jonathan Quick also played in the ECHL for the Reading Royals before making his way up to the NHL
Thanks! And, oh yeah; didn't Quick in-fact get sent back down there even after he played a game or two here, under Andy Murray (2005 was such a weird season)?

The reason I'm asking (if anyone gives a flying fig): my best friend lives in the southern suburbs of Charlottle, which I believe is only a couple of hours from Greenville. Was thinking of our families catching a Swamp Rabbits game next April/May when we're (tentatively) planning to visit them, but I'm candidly not sure if it's worth the time (the money's not a big deal, unless I'm grossly underestimating the ticket costs)...

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks! And, oh yeah; didn't Quick in-fact get sent back down there even after he played a game or two here, under Andy Murray (2005 was such a weird season)?

The reason I'm asking (if anyone gives a flying fig): my best friend lives in the southern suburbs of Charlottle, which I believe is only a couple of hours from Greenville. Was thinking of our families catching a Swamp Rabbits game next April/May when we're (tentatively) planning to visit them, but I'm candidly not sure if it's worth the time (the money's not a big deal, unless I'm grossly underestimating the ticket costs)...
The Kings have 6 goalies under contract. It seems reasonable to assume that at least 2 Kings goalies will see time in the ECHL.

Not so sure about forwards and defensemen but the Reign did sign a bunch of players to AHL/ECHL deals and most of them will probably play a bunch in the ECHL.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

It's understandable. Hard to say what the NHL roster would look like by then, let alone an ECHL one.

If it's to watch some fun, stress-free pro hockey, it might be a fun excursion. But I wouldn't make plans to go there and see future Kings talent. Hopefully you have a fun trip whether or not you go!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This thread has become has at least changed tack a little. So we don’t go back to the old arguments I will cover it now, to get it out of the way.

Side A: Prospects Suck. It’s Luc‘s, Blake’s, Yanetti and/or development fault.
Side B: No they’re just kids, be patient.
Side A: Rubbish they should have been All Stars in the D+1 season
Side B: Don’t be stupid they have until their 35th birthday to peak, you need to be patient.
Side A: Kopitar should only be playing 3.5 minutes per game, he’s a corpse on skates.
Side B: Kopitar is a god. He needs more minutes as he’s the top scorer.
Side A: Byfield should have peaked already. He needs 120 minutes per night and has to play on every line or he’s a bust.
Side B: Byfield will develop into an All Star playing on the 4th line, you’ll see
Side A: He sucks, he’s done at 20. Send him to Arizona for an old puck & Turcotte will never play another NHL game and should have been taken in the 15th round of the draft.
Side B: Nope. Turcotte will be Mark Messier by his D+10 season.
Side A: A 60 year old Messier if he’s lucky.
Side B: All you say is Doom, doom, doom.
Side A: You just brown-nose BLuc… you loooove them…
Side B: I had your mum last night…
Side A: I had you dad.

Repeat… forever….

I think I covered the next 5000 posts…..

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This thread has become has at least changed tack a little. So we don’t go back to the old arguments I will cover it now, to get it out of the way.

Side B: Don’t be stupid they have until their 35th birthday to peak, you need to be patient.
Side A: Kopitar should only be playing 3.5 minutes per game, he’s a corpse on skates.
Side A: Byfield should have peaked already. He needs 120 minutes per night and has to play on every line or he’s a bust.
Side B: Byfield will develop into an All Star playing on the 4th line, you’ll see
Side A: He sucks, he’s done at 20. Send him to Arizona for an old puck & Turcotte will never play another NHL game and should have been taken in the 15th round of the draft.

Repeat… forever….

The best part of this post is it's posted in the wrong thread discussing all these points

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Repeat… forever….

This a post of epic proportions.

I spit my Pepsi on the screen at the last 2 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad