Ontario Reign 21-22 Thread 2: Reigndrops keep falling on my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Boy do we have a ridiculous amount of talented RHD. I would assume that Walker's a goner. If he returns healthy very likely he gets traded in a package for some sort of upgrade at another deficit position. Some of these guys could get traded for a LHD and/or a top goaltender prospect.

Our scouting staff just have to make sure that they do not trade away who turns out to be the best of the right-handed bunch. I really hope that Faber turns into Roy with more offense. The key to future success is getting younger and cheaper and more talented.

Oh and Vilardi continues to score. Will he ever make it back into the lineup in LA...

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Boy do we have a ridiculous amount of talented RHD. I would assume that Walker's a goner. If he returns healthy very likely he gets traded in a package for some sort of upgrade at another deficit position. Some of these guys could get traded for a LHD and/or a top goaltender prospect.

Our scouting staff just have to make sure that they do not trade away who turns out to be the best of the right-handed bunch. I really hope that Faber turns into Roy with more offense. The key to future success is getting younger and cheaper and more talented.

Oh and Vilardi continues to score. Will he ever make it back into the lineup in LA...

Walker could be packaged with a young D, he has some solid value.

Reactions: cyclones22

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Boy do we have a ridiculous amount of talented RHD. I would assume that Walker's a goner. If he returns healthy very likely he gets traded in a package for some sort of upgrade at another deficit position. Some of these guys could get traded for a LHD and/or a top goaltender prospect...

I was never sold on Walker as it was and you are correct- he is now an extra piece to move for upgrades. I know Im a fan boy....but damn Spence is solid in all areas of the ice. The Voynov comparisons sound from that perspective.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Grans and Spence seem like they’re going to be here sooner than later. Does that mean you move Bjornfot and Walker? Anderson? Mikey’s been more physical lately and I’d like that Anderson to stay in the lineup. I think Durzi is cemented unless they use him as a trade chip.

Reactions: Kings Rule

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Grans and Spence seem like they’re going to be here sooner than later. Does that mean you move Bjornfot and Walker? Anderson? Mikey’s been more physical lately and I’d like that Anderson to stay in the lineup. I think Durzi is cemented unless they use him as a trade chip.
IMO both will need a minimum of another AHL season for the defensive side of the game. Spence looks great on offense, but needs a lot more polish defensively and has to get a lot stronger, especially being undersized. Love his potential offensively. Grans still has some pretty big gaps in his coverage at times. I agree both have probably exceeded expectations as rookies, but more seasoning is in order. Walker is most likely going to be the odd man out, but a lot can change in the off-season. Have to remember, Bjornfot is still only 20 years old, and being left handed I don't see him going anywhere. He's only going to get better.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Yeah, Grans and Spence are both righties. Every single defenseman in the pipeline with any kind of offensive skill is a righty. Only Nousiainen is a lefty.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Three minutes in Reign up 2 zip. Frk and Vilardi. Would be great night if the Reign can get a win. Byfield with his first and the kids down in the farm winning games.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Reign with a touchdown against the Mini Sharks. San Jose AHL team is no bueno. Everyone has a point tonight.

Edit: Even Turcotte!!!

Reactions: lumbergh

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Not yet. Let him prove to himself that he can carry the Reign on his back. He is his own worst enemy.

It would arguably be best for his development to finish the season in the A, spend a summer improving his conditioning, and come into camp primed to challenge for a roster spot cleared by the absence of Brown & Anthanasiou.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Vilardi deserves a call up.

Jesus christ he just sent that dman down to the ECHL.

I don't think he has much left to do in the NHL but...

Not yet. Let him prove to himself that he can carry the Reign on his back. He is his own worst enemy.

It would arguably be best for his development to finish the season in the A, spend a summer improving his conditioning, and come into camp primed to challenge for a roster spot cleared by the absence of Brown & Anthanasiou.

I can agree with this as well.

I do think he's in a pretty no-lose situation at this point, to be fair. Either carrying the Reign and blowing it up all season or coming up to the Kings, he's in a good spot in his growth imo. But he DOES need to be with good skaters, so as long as Moore/Byfield/AA/Kempe are around better glue him to them. There's only room for two mud skaters in this org imo and that's Vilardi and Kaliyev.

Reactions: kinghock

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Interesting. So you don't see a spot for AA on this team moving forward?

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Interesting. So you don't see a spot for AA on this team moving forward?
For me no. He’s pretty inconsistent and at times a liability (-46 in 19/20 season), the occasional highlight reel goal apart. I think he’s an NHL middle 3rd line player but with the prospects we have and the guys already signed I just don’t see a long term role for him. He also seems to be a bit injury prone.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Jesus christ he just sent that dman down to the ECHL.

I don't think he has much left to do in the NHL but...

I can agree with this as well.

I do think he's in a pretty no-lose situation at this point, to be fair. Either carrying the Reign and blowing it up all season or coming up to the Kings, he's in a good spot in his growth imo. But he DOES need to be with good skaters, so as long as Moore/Byfield/AA/Kempe are around better glue him to them. There's only room for two mud skaters in this org imo and that's Vilardi and Kaliyev.
Even then, Kaliyev has really been able to cover his lack of foot speed with very good anticipation & assertiveness. If Vilardi can pick up that same skill, he will be a very dangerous player.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
For me no. He’s pretty inconsistent and at times a liability (-46 in 19/20 season), the occasional highlight reel goal apart. I think he’s an NHL middle 3rd line player but with the prospects we have and the guys already signed I just don’t see a long term role for him. He also seems to be a bit injury prone.
He most definitely has lost a lot of development time but to say he’s a middle 6 tops is a bit of an exaggeration.. just look at his actual games played vs his production.. the kid really needs to just spend a full year playing and he’s getting that
upload_2022-1-28_6-51-3.png

Reactions: cyclones22

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He most definitely has lost a lot of development time but to say he’s a middle 6 tops is a bit of an exaggeration.. just look at his actual games played vs his production.. the kid really needs to just spend a full year playing and he’s getting that
View attachment 502767
I’m talking about AA not Vilardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad