Ontario Reign 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Is Clague eventually headed to the NHL, or is it just wishful thinking at this point? Thanks!!!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Is Clague eventually headed to the NHL, or is it just wishful thinking at this point? Thanks!!!

Work in progress. I think Clague needs an additional year in the AHL at the minimum. Still has to round out his game. He gets caught too many times playing slow, which means he is thinking too much on defense or doesn't know what to do.

Reactions: Basilisk

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Purely stat watching here but Reign lose 7-6 to Bakersfield (gave up 5 goals in the 2nd, but scored 3 in the third to make it close).

Strand - 1 goal
Luff - 2 assists
Lintuniemi - 1 assist
Mitchell - 1 goal 1 assist
Grundstrom 1 goal 1 assist
Maillet - 1 goal 2 assists
Brodzinksi - 1 goal - first game back
Moulson - 1 goal 1 assist
Rempal - 1 assist
Clague - 1 assist
Petersen appears to have been pulled after giving up 6 goals on 19 shots in under 26 minutes.

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
Has any information been released on Sherbaks (lower body?) injury? He took an awkward check in the second period. He left the ice near the end of the second period and seemed to be in pain when putting weight on his leg. Then he didn't return for the third period......

Did anyone get a better look at the check or hear any information about if the injury was anything that will keep him from playing?

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Just got back from the game. Ontario was very unimpressive. And that's saying something because Bakersfield didnt look all that great.

There's a reason Macdermid isn't in the NHL. Bad penalties, bad passes, bad reads. He tried to check someone and missed which lead to the Condors breakaway goal. He looked bad.

Clague and Lintuinemi (however you spell it) looked solid. They weren't exactly impressive but they didnt look bad either. Solid defense, jumped up in the play a few times on offense. Looked like they could eventually be 3rd pairing guys. Hopefully Clagues offense starts to break through.

Grunnstrom was pretty quiet all night. Rempal had a few shifts where he looked dangerous.

Overall it looks like it's going to be a long few years for the entire organization.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

He's not going to jump in soon, but then again how many Kings defensemen in the last 10-15 years have seen NHL time so soon, maybe 2? It's awfully early to make a call on the guy. FWIW he looks about where Voynov was offensively at his age, but he's not where he was in his own end. He was touted for his reads and IQ, so he has more than enough tools to improve on that.

The biggest difference is that he was so effective in juniors because he could force a lot of turnovers, that was kind of his bread and butter. That is much more difficult in the AHL, and only a few guys can do that in the NHL so he will have to make some adjustments.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Went to my first Reign game in Ontario for the first time in a couple of years. I thought they did pretty well, but I probably caught them on a good night. I thought Clague, Luff and Grundstrom were really good last night. Lintuniemi likes to play forward too much. Brodzinski didn't look good. Don't know if it was rust or anything like that, but he had a bad turnover that led to a Stockton goal.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Clague seems to be all over the place, creating scoring chances, and also giving up quite a few. He needs to settle down a bit with the risk taking.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Clague seems to be all over the place, creating scoring chances, and also giving up quite a few. He needs to settle down a bit with the risk taking.

I'm actually okay with risk taking, especially in developmental leagues. That's how they learn, and it's also how they push themselves to the next level.

Players who just "play it safe" or play not to make a mistake end up stagnating. It's why Muzzin shot up the depth charts over Martinez. Granted, we saw more glaring mistakes with Muzzin, but he also took more chances that, when calculated properly, have much better payouts.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What an amazing comeback by the Reign tonight. Former Gulls and Ducks goon Mike Liambas is the gift that keeps on giving. I'll post the highlights when they come up. Reign win 5-4 in OT.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The Reign scored 4 goals in the last 3 minutes of regulation plus 30 seconds of OT for an amazing comeback victory. Thanks to former Gulls and Ducks goon Mike Liambas for the 5 minute major boarding penalty, the Reign pulled Budaj and had a 6 on 4 advantage in the last 3 minutes of the contest and a 4 on 3 advantage in OT, pulled off the amazing comeback. What a snipe by Moulson to win it. I almost left early. So glad I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad