Ontario Reign 2016/2017

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Really looking forward to the Wagner - Amadio - Luff line..... this season will tell us a lot about how our top 9 might look moving forward... If these kids continue with their development curve...

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Really looking forward to the Wagner - Amadio - Luff line..... this season will tell us a lot about how our top 9 might look moving forward... If these kids continue with their development curve...

I'm looking more forward to.....

Boko / Iafallo / Watson

That line could do something special. :popcorn:

I'm thinking Mersch finally makes the team out of camp. It's now or never, no?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Well deflate yourself because Wagner is out 4-5 months after Shoulder surgery.

Most likely going to be sent back to Regina for an overage year.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
^ signing a couple veteran guys to deals? Could probably use a veteran presence on the backend to replace Loverde.

Maybe a vet forward to help provide some scoring punch.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Ziggy, you could be correct. I noticed the Sutter tweet on the other page but did not see anything official from the Reign.

I'm still thinking it would be good to have some experience added to the blueline.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
damn... hopefully the kid comes back strong.....

I think they will end up doing the same thing with Wagner as they did with Watson last year. He'll get to hang around with the Reign and rehab through Nov-Dec, then they will send him back the 2nd half of the year to finish in Juniors. Wagner is a bigger guy though, so maybe he has a chance to stick.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
By my count, they've got 27 forwards(28 including Wagner), and 15 defensemen, either under contract, as RFA's, or apparently signed to AHL deals. Sutter already included in the 27. Plus Loktionov as a tryout. That's two full teams. Not sure how many more guys they'll be adding.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A glimpse of what the 2017-18 lineup may look like (assuming Kempe and Brodzinski are assigned to Ontario given them being waiver exempt):

Kempe-Amadio-Brodzinski
Sutter-Iafallo-Watson
Mersch-Maillet-Luff
Imama-Crescenzi-Auger
Iverson

Leslie-MacDermid
Fantenberg-Falkovsky
Lintuniemi-Roy
Reddekopp-Walker

Campbell
Petersen
Zatkoff

The Reign appear to be a bit short on forwards, so my guess is that some of the development camp invites also get sent to Ontario's training camp. A couple of names, namely a defenseman and a goaltender, may also very likely be assigned to Manchester (ECHL).

It's also likely for one or both of Kempe or Brodzinski to make the Kings lineup, so that'll open up more holes and opportunities.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
A glimpse of what the 2017-18 lineup may look like (assuming Kempe and Brodzinski are assigned to Ontario given them being waiver exempt):

Kempe-Amadio-Brodzinski
Sutter-Iafallo-Watson
Mersch-Maillet-Luff
Imama-Crescenzi-Auger
Iverson

Leslie-MacDermid
Fantenberg-Falkovsky
Lintuniemi-Roy
Reddekopp-Walker

Campbell
Petersen
Zatkoff

The Reign appear to be a bit short on forwards, so my guess is that some of the development camp invites also get sent to Ontario's training camp. A couple of names, namely a defenseman and a goaltender, may also very likely be assigned to Manchester (ECHL).

It's also likely for one or both of Kempe or Brodzinski to make the Kings lineup, so that'll open up more holes and opportunities.

I've never seen MacDermid play the right side that I can recall. Wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 more AHL vets signed. I think Brodz has a great chance at the Kings. I'm not sure I would pencil in Kempe to the NHL just yet. Too bad about the Wagner injury. He was going to be a key forward. If Leslie is on our first pairing it's going to be a very long year.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ontario is looking to be a considerably younger team this coming season and the two most experienced defensemen on the roster are Leslie and MacDermid, followed by Lintuniemi. Fantenberg and possibly Falkovsky could surprise us though, but this will also be their first go at the AHL.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Can Fantenberg play professionally in Europe while still under contract with the Kings?

I doubt he has any interest in playing in the AHL for a 70K salary. If he doesn't make the Kings roster, I would expect him to go back to Europe if he can.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Can Fantenberg play professionally in Europe while still under contract with the Kings?

I doubt he has any interest in playing in the AHL for a 70K salary. If he doesn't make the Kings roster, I would expect him to go back to Europe if he can.

Signed a two-way deal. He knows the risk. Plus he got a 92K signing bonus. He'll be in the Kings organization this year.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Sabres fan coming in peace. Any insight on Chris Hajt? Seems like a quiet guy. Btw I wore 24 my entire career in honor of his dad.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sabres fan coming in peace. Any insight on Chris Hajt? Seems like a quiet guy. Btw I wore 24 my entire career in honor of his dad.

:dunno: Hardly ever hear about him. Most of the talk around the team revolves around Stothers. I did hear from one of our bloggers is that he was the good cop to Stothers bad cop so he may be a players coach. But outside of that, I don't know much about him.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Much appreciated. Not a lot of intel on him. Paine must like him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Definitely a quiet guy but he pops up in our video packages sometimes. Seems very soft spoken but eloquent. I agree with the good cop thing. Lot of our players give him lots of credit.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
http://www.ontarioreign.com/news/detail/david-bell-named-reign-assistant-coach
Ontario, CA – The Ontario Reign, proud American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League (NHL), announced today that David Bell has been named the Assistant Coach.

Bell re-connects with Reign Head Coach Mike Stothers after serving as Stothers’ assistant in Owen Sound (OHL) from 2004-2007. LA Kings Assistant General Manager Michael Futa was also in Owen Sound with Stothers and Bell and served as General Manager from 2002-2007.

Last season, Bell served as Head Coach of the Niagara IceDogs (OHL) and reached the postseason after standing as an assistant with the organization the previous three seasons. The Wiarton, Ontario, native brings AHL experience to the Reign after serving as an assistant with the Springfield Falcons from 2007-2009.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad