TSN: Ontario Government refuses fans for game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not.

They had over 3x the death rate per capita as Ontario did with their mismanagement.
And that was with their health restrictions. Imagine how bad things are going to progress without them.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
When we win tonight, as arranged, maybe a sheep or two, might come over to the truth.

But truth be told, untold numbers of posters are just intellibots, APEING.

When we win tonight, I will address some of the dumbbots.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Absolutely they can.

You're conflating what government agencies can do, with what private entities can do.
So can I ask someone to prove they don't have HIV to enter my private business? If course I can't. That would be a very big human rights problem as I'm discriminating ppl for medical issues :)

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
So can I ask someone to prove they don't have HIV to enter my private business? If course I can't. That would be a very big human rights problem as I'm discriminating ppl for medical issues :)

Absolutely.

You'll get flamed and essentially blacklisted into bankruptcy.

You guys really need to brush up on what constitutes human rights and how those can be restricted or enforced.

The severe lack of knowledge is one of the major factors in this conspiracy theory crap.
It's largely fueled by ignorance and misinformation along with gullible minds.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Absolutely.

You guys really need to brush up on what constitutes human rights and how those can be restricted or enforced.

The severe lack of knowledge is one of the major factors in this conspiracy theory crap.

No that would be highly illegal. It's discrimination. What conspiracy theory? Lirl. Do you just say that whenever anyone disagrees with you?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
And that was with their health restrictions. Imagine how bad things are going to progress without them.
Cases decreased when they lifted the mask mandate and re-opened. We don't need to imagine. There's data to look at.

Reactions: IPS

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Absolutely.

You need to brush up on Human Right laws in Canada
6. Requesting job-related sensitive information | Ontario Human Rights Commission

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Only so much you can do without needles in arms. Could have been avoided if we had a competent procurement department.

I don't particularly like the Feds however there is not much they can do in a global inoculation race when the US and UK weren't allowing exports of said procured vaccines at the onset. I suppose Canada found itself in the situation of not being able to produce vaccines in the country after decades of mismanagement from both Liberal and Con governments.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Cases decreased when they lifted the mask mandate and re-opened. We don't need to imagine. There's data to look at.
Dang, really?

What's it gonna take then? A couple more 70K crowd boxing events?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
No that would be highly illegal. It's discrimination. What conspiracy theory? Lirl. Do you just say that whenever anyone disagrees with you?

Here.
Read for yourself.

Schedule B to the Canada Act 1982 (UK), 1982, c 11 | The Constitution Act, 1982 | CanLII

Equality Rights
Equality before and under law and equal protection and benefit of law 15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
Affirmative action programs
(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Charter Rights protect you from the governmnet, not from private entities.
No law can be enacted, unless under extreme circumstances such as under emergency situations, that will adversely affect individuals based solely on any protected category - rage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc....

Now, unless you believe MLSE represent a government body and that their actions constitute municipal/provincial/federal legislation, there is no argument to be made.

You think that if you file a human rights complaint to the Human Rights Tribunal based on not being allowed to enter a clothing store, that the tribunal will force the store to allow you in?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

What does job-related sensitive information have to do with attending a hockey game?
Are these people applying for a job there?

What do you believe the consequences are for defying these job-related infractions? Do the people get awarded the jobs?
No.

After a person successfully sues a company for improper hiring practices, the company gets fined and the person doesn't get the job.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
What does job-related sensitive information have to do with attending a hockey game?
Are these people applying for a job there?

What do you believe the consequences are for defying these job-related infractions? Do the people get awarded the jobs?
No.

After a person successfully sues a company for improper hiring practices, the company gets fined and the person doesn't get the job.
Because they're private companies :) Lirl. You think MacDonalds has the ability to ask for medical info your employer doesn't?

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
A lot of bot, and bought and paid bots here tonight. If Leafs fall behind enough, they might swing the win to Toronto.

Hong Kong, Minsk, London, they barely know how to spell hockey.

No one betting large, cares who wins, btw.

Its jacks to them.

At best, low level poker.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Here.
Read for yourself.

Schedule B to the Canada Act 1982 (UK), 1982, c 11 | The Constitution Act, 1982 | CanLII

Equality Rights
Equality before and under law and equal protection and benefit of law 15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
Affirmative action programs (2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Charter Rights protect you from the governmnet, not from private entities.
No law can be enacted, unless under extreme circumstances such as under emergency situations, that will adversely affect individuals based solely on any protected category - rage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc....

Now, unless you believe MLSE represent a government body and that their actions constitute municipal/provincial/federal legislation, there is no argument to be made.

You think that if you file a human rights complaint to the Human Rights Tribunal based on not being allowed to enter a clothing store, that the tribunal will force the store to allow you in?

Employers can be private companies.

Medical tests

In the past, employers often screened out applicants with disabilities based on medical information on application forms, or from pre-employment medical exams. The Commission takes the position that requiring such information as part of the application screening process violates subsection 23(2) of the Code.

So if private companies can't screen employees without violating the law......how can a hokey venue?

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Maybe they're looking out for the healthcare workers. Nobody should be subjected to a Leafs game 7 just so we can see some bodies in the seats.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Because they're private companies :) Lirl. You think MacDonalds has the ability to ask for medical info your employer doesn't?

Yes.
There is no obligation for any private entity to provide a service to anyone.
For any reason whatsoever.

There is also no obligation for private entities to your business and they can just as easily be bankrupted based on public backlash (as long as the backlash doesn't become libelous/slanderous).

The charter rights gives everyone equality under law.
Labour regulations are made by law.
Everyone is to be considered equal in labour relations, by law as required by the charter rights.

Now, do yourself a favour, read the charter rights and find the section related to private entities and commerce.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Your focus is Texas? I love how Cuomo gets a pass from ppl for literally slaughtering pool in old folks homes so you can play partisan games. Mind boggling

who said Cuomo gets a pass?

arguing with ghosts man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad