TSN: Ontario Government refuses fans for game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Employers can be private companies.

Medical tests

In the past, employers often screened out applicants with disabilities based on medical information on application forms, or from pre-employment medical exams. The Commission takes the position that requiring such information as part of the application screening process violates subsection 23(2) of the Code.

So if private companies can't screen employees without violating the law......how can a hokey venue?

Labour laws are made by legislation.
Legislation must follow the charter rights.

Please tell me that you've put more thought into your Covid denial than this argument.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Yes.
There is no obligation for any private entity to provide a service to anyone.
For any reason whatsoever.

There is also no obligation for private entities to your business and they can just as easily be bankrupted based on public backlash (as long as the backlash doesn't become libelous/slanderous).

The charter rights gives everyone equality under law.
Labour regulations are made by law.
Everyone is to be considered equal in labour relations, by law as required by the charter rights.

Now, do yourself a favour, read the charter rights and find the section related to private entities and commerce.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.
You'll wait for what? Me to post the link to the HUman Rights codes that contradicts everything you're saying again?

That's simply not true. You can't refuse somebody service based on their skin color, religion ect. That's DISCRIMINATION.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Labour laws are made by legislation.
Legislation must follow the charter rights.

Please tell me that you've put more thought into your Covid denial than this argument.
At what point did I deny Covid? I'm debating discrimination laws you silly NPC. You got all the buzzwords down though.

Can you clarify what conspiracy theory you brought up yet? :)

Reactions: Auston 316

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yes.
There is no obligation for any private entity to provide a service to anyone.
For any reason whatsoever.

There is also no obligation for private entities to your business and they can just as easily be bankrupted based on public backlash (as long as the backlash doesn't become libelous/slanderous).

The charter rights gives everyone equality under law.
Labour regulations are made by law.
Everyone is to be considered equal in labour relations, by law as required by the charter rights.

Now, do yourself a favour, read the charter rights and find the section related to private entities and commerce.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

im not sure this population is following reality.

Yankees, Islanders and now the Leafs required proof of vaccine for entry. As have countless other sporting and arts events.

all the airlines are updating apps to allow digital proof of vaccination or proof of a recent negative Covid test.

The EU opened up travel for all 30 member countries for those that can show proof of vaccination.

Canada is looking at vaccination certificates for travel in Canada. That’s on the privacy commissioner’s desk.

apps like Health Pass and Excelsior are being adopted.

And over 70% of us favour vax passports for travel.

I think deniers are looking seriously at being on the outside.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
And that was with their health restrictions. Imagine how bad things are going to progress without them.

probably not too bad with the vaccinations being safe and effective and a high percentage of fully vaccinated people.

not too many vaccine deaths as far as I can tell either.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
You'll wait for what? Me to post the link to the HUman Rights codes that contradicts everything you're saying again?

That's simply not true. You can't refuse somebody service based on their skin color, religion ect. That's DISCRIMINATION.

That's fantastic, that you believe that.

I linked you the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Peruse through it and find the section that talks about private entities.

Your example is of labour relations and employment standards. Those are legislated and therefore bound by laws. Since the ultimate law of the land is the federal government's, and the charter of rights and freedoms enacted by the federal government, labour laws, employment laws, are bound by the charter.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing at all about private entities.

In fact, the charter rights only talks about laws being enacted and the restrictions therein.

I feel like I'm explaining why 2+2=4 to a teenager who is adamant that he believes it's 15.

Honestly, the sheer ignorance and lack of knowledge is very indicative of the position taken against vaccinations and health regulations.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
im not sure this population is following reality.

Yankees, Islanders and now the Leafs required proof of vaccine for entry. As have countless other sporting and arts events.

all the airlines are updating apps to allow digital proof of vaccination or proof of a recent negative Covid test.

The EU opened up travel for all 30 member countries for those that can show proof of vaccination.

Canada is looking at vaccination certificates for travel in Canada. That’s on the privacy commissioner’s desk.

apps like Health Pass and Excelsior are being adopted.

And over 70% of us favour vax passports for travel.

I think deniers are looking seriously at being on the outside.

It's pretty funny how quicly my body my choice goes out the window for Liberals. Hahahaha.

70% of ppl are in favor of having movement of citizens restrited? Where are you getting that number from ? I know there's plenty of authoritarian commies around these days but please...show me that citation.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
That's fantastic, that you believe that.

I linked you the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Peruse through it and find the section that talks about private entities.

Your example is of labour relations and employment standards. Those are legislated and therefore bound by laws. Since the ultimate law of the land is the federal government's, and the charter of rights and freedoms enacted by the federal government, labour laws, employment laws, are bound by the charter.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing at all about private entities.

In fact, the charter rights only talks about laws being enacted and the restrictions therein.

I feel like I'm explaining why 2+2=4 to a teenager who is adamant that he believes it's 15.

Honestly, the sheer ignorance and lack of knowledge is very indicative of the position taken against vaccinations and health regulations.

You literally said a company can refuse service for anything. You're dead wrong. I can't read for you. But keep ignoring actual sections of law I'm showing you that prove you wrong. You cannot refuse service based on many things.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
You literally said a company can refuse service for anything. You're dead wrong. I can't read for you. But keep ignoring actual sections of law I'm showing you that prove you wrong. You cannot refuse service based on many things.

You're arguing commerce with labour laws.

It's incredible, I feel like it's actually an act at this point.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
You're arguing commerce with labour laws.

It's incredible, I feel like it's actually an act at this point.
Sure bud..if that makes you feel better ok.

Freedom from discrimination laws are imaginary.

1 Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to services, goods and facilities, without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, s. 1; 1999, c. 6, s. 28 (1); 2001, c. 32, s. 27 (1); 2005, c. 5, s. 32 (1); 2012, c. 7, s. 1.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I don't particularly like the Feds however there is not much they can do in a global inoculation race when the US and UK weren't allowing exports of said procured vaccines at the onset. I suppose Canada found itself in the situation of not being able to produce vaccines in the country after decades of mismanagement from both Liberal and Con governments.

You have named two countries. They are less then 2% of the countries that have had a better response.

It is a far cry from SARS.

It just goes to show society is moving towards public image more then they are smarts and competence. By the way Ford has been pretty bad as of late.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's pretty funny how quicly my body my choice goes out the window for Liberals. Hahahaha.

70%... 72 actually... of ppl are in favor of having movement of citizens restrited? Where are you getting that number from ? I know there's plenty of authoritarian commies around these days but please...show me that citation.

70% in favour of being out from under lockdown and not seeing fellow Canadians die anymore.

Majority of Canadians support COVID-19 vaccine passports for concerts, travel: Ipsos

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
They don't even link the 'survey' hahahaha.

Poeple die all the time man. Sorry to break it to ya. Funny how you were cool with ppl dying during flu season your whole life but suddenly.....
Medical malpractice kills twice as many Canadians annually than Covid did last year.

Again. Arguing with ghosts.

I got a fu shot every year. my Dad has liver disease for the last 8 years and is colon cancer survivor.

I also got a Covid shot and wear a mask whenever I am helping him to appointments.

I love the guy.

here’s the link to the poll. Others had it higher.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/news-po...orts-for-variety-of-indoor-outdoor-activities

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Again. Arguing with ghosts.

I got a fu shot every year. my Dad has liver disease for the last 8 years and is colon cancer survivor.

I also got a Covid shot and wear a mask whenever I am helping him to appointments.

I love the guy.

here’s the link to the poll. Others had it higher.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-ca/majorit...e-passports-international-travel-large-events
Yeah. But you didn't demand people's freedoms were restricted if they didn't get their flu shot.
Now you are :) You gonna give unvaccinated people yellow armbands too? :)

Reactions: The Cobra

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
The best news about all the people who got the chance to see the Leafs play a game 7 playoff game live? They didn't have to pay out of their own pockets to see the Leafs fail again.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yeah. But you didn't demand people's freedoms were restricted if they didn't get their flu shot.
Now you are :) You gonna give unvaccinated people yellow armbands too? :)

You aren’t equating being a carrier of disease with being of a certain religion are you?

Get off the Marjorie Taylor Greene playbook... you are too smart for that (I hope).

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
You aren’t equating being a carrier of disease with being of a certain religion are you?

Get off the Marjorie Taylor Greene playbook... you are too smart for that (I hope).
Don't see how you came to that conclusion.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
identifying armbands. Wasn’t sure where you were going.

glad to see it’s not there :)
oohhh....it was a Nazi reference :p
Jews....armbands...i think I did go there :) It's a crazy slippery slope what you're cheering on.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
oohhh....it was a Nazi reference :p
Jews....armbands...i think I did go there :) It's a crazy slippery slope what you're cheering on.

I’m off the crazy train if you think requiring kids to have vaccinations to go to school is equivalent to the holocaust.

Or having a vaccination against something like yellow fever to go to Africa is equivalent to the holocaust.

Or that countries, like Canada, should require visitors provide proof of vaccination to prevent the spread of deadly variants of Covid and you think that’s a slippery slope to the holocaust.

Have a nice night.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I’m off the crazy train if you think requiring kids to have vaccinations to go to school is equivalent to the holocaust.

Or having a vaccination against something like yellow fever to go to Africa is equivalent to the holocaust.

Or that countries, like Canada, should require visitors provide proof of vaccination to prevent the spread of deadly variants of Covid and you think that’s a slippery slope to the holocaust.

Have a nice night.
You don't have to require kids to be vaccinated now for school. You can claim religious and personal belief exemptions. Covid isn't nearly as lethal to kids as influenza is either.

You're letting the government restrict your freedoms. You're ok with letting the government mandating what people put in their body? Otherwise, they'll strip you of your Charter Rights? Dude....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad