Friedman: Only Price and Mete untouchable in Montreal

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why would the Jets give up a top prospect for a guy that would be our fourth best LW?
Fair enough but then again why in f***'s sake would u not trade either of them, given the chance, for Pacs to then flip him for MORE value. Seems like something far too complicated for HF to comprehend...

JeffForsberg21

Jul 11, 2004
Quebec
Points total in a single season doesn't mean that a player x is better than a player y. Pacioretty (even if i'm not an habs fan) is better than Perreault and Connor. Ehlers is debatable but I think that if MaxPac played with a legit no.1 center he can score almost 50 goals, before this year he has 4 straight 30 goals seasons without legit no.1 center, he played with Danault and Desharnais most of the time. Max Pac with Scheifele will score you 50 goals.

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
All of Ehlers, Connor and Perreault are having better seasons than Pacioretty this year

You actually value those 3 forwards more then Pacioretty, who is the 4th leading goal scorer over the past 5 season, only behind ovechkin, Crosby and Tarasenko? You are literally looking a points from this season only, when Pacioretty is playing on a bottom feeding team, while the jets are first in their division. The habs are experiencing a off year but Pacioretty has turned it up over his last 12 games. He has never played with a real good centre and still manages to put up 30 every season. Playing with Scheifele he would hit 40.

Oh and just to add to it,

But hey, what do I know?

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
Wow just another opinion piece by who...???. This guys pretty much regergitated the same stuff that has been reported on. At least everyone dropped that awful price trade fable. Seriously though who trades their top center prospect for a player that is by all means a glorified rental you know who wont be apart of your team especially when your not even top 4 or 8 to win cup this year. That one player who looked bad by the way on tuesday is not going to make the blues playoff contenders especially when he disappears in the playoffs. But hey keep fighting the good fight habs fans.

Why would you assume Pacioretty wouldn’t resign for the team that acquires him after next season? Armstrong from the blues has literally come out and said he wanted to make another trade like the jaybo deal where the player has an extra year left on his deal when they acquire him. Teams would definitely give up a prospect to acquire a proven 30 goal scorer every single season, especially when he’s never had a good centre to play with. Also, at 4.5 mill, he’s got a very cap friendly contract allowing teams flexibility to do more of the next season and a half.

Blues, preds and jets aren’t in the top 4 or 8 to win the Stanley cup? Really? I would consider the preds or jets at this moment to be the favourites to come out of the west. Here is the updated odds for winning the Stanley cup.

33260E9D-42AB-42DE-BC34-EE6D3877B93D.jpeg

Preds, Blues and Jets are all tied for 4th best odds.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The blues will not and can not afford 8mil+ for patches let alone give him a 5 to 6 year contract. I swear you habs fans just font quit will you. On top of all this we have like 8 lw on the team and need centers and right wingers more than anything. So we trade you our center/ rw prospects for another lw and our 2019 first, which means we will not be pickinG in the first round two years in a row. Why don't you guys resign patches and keep him and we will keep thomas and our first

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
The blues will not and can not afford 8mil+ for patches let alone give him a 5 to 6 year contract. I swear you habs fans just font quit will you. On top of all this we have like 8 lw on the team and need centers and right wingers more than anything. So we trade you our center/ rw prospects for another lw and our 2019 first, which means we will not be pickinG in the first round two years in a row. Why don't you guys resign patches and keep him and we will keep thomas and our first

Hab fans didnt make this one up out of the blue. We hear the rumors same as you

1. Blues looking for top 6 scoring help and The Habs happen to have one.
2. MB was seen scouting Blues players
3. Blues happen to have exactly what The Habs are interested in

You might not like it but there is enough smoke around this fire for us to keep talking. Feel free to stop coming in this thread if you are so annoyed.....

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

You might not like it but there is enough smoke around this fire for us to keep talking. Feel free to stop coming in this thread if you are so annoyed.....
1. Not on lw they are not
2. Means nada
3. There you go. That’s the key.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I would love to have Drouin and Galchenyuk on the Stars. How about some deal making Habs' fans

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Bergevin's under as much pressure as any GM in the league, that's usually not a good situation to be in when you're making major, franchise altering moves.

It will be interesting to watch how he handles the deadline, and, if he's still around, the off-season.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Lol, berg was at a Hamilton game. Is William bitten not your player currently playing well. Also why haven't we heard of blues scout's at mtl games. See my annoyance isn't the rumors created itself. It's the fact the mtl fans choose to only acknowledge the information that fits their story arc of favor. They only use the pieces of the puzzle that fits the narrative they want instead of all the information that leads to the truthful outcome.

I will do you a justice and go over it one more time.

1) patches is a lw which is a position of strength. Currently blues position of need is center and right wing.

2) Doug armatrong has made two statemen's to public. he is not trading his top prospects for rentals or players with out term. Players that will not be part of the team for years to come.

3) the top prospects in question will be nhl ready next year. They fill an imeddiate position of need for blues.

4) though patches may not be a rental, blues can not and will night sign him to a contract after next year he will command at least 6 years by 8 9 mil and if we wouldn't pay that for backes our captain we will not pay that for patches who would start decline 3 years into contract

5) thomas and kyrou both have top y potential at center or rightwing, Thompson is already playing top 6 minutes depending on night and kostib will be a top 6 winger very soon. With out a first rounD pick in 2018 it's very important to keep your prospects.

6) Doug Armstrong already said he doesn't feel like this is the year the blues will contend. He feels the window will open wider next year and years to come with our young talent. Blues fans agree and are content with our GM with not making moves.
7) blues do not have a first round pick in 2018, so trading our first round pick in 2019 is a no go. Not picking in the first round of the draft 2 years in a row is a bad idea for any team. Especially a team that relies on elc contracts.

8) blues beat writer jerry rutherford. Whom we trust just as much as you guys tris MacKenzie ect. Just stated that if johe Tavares makes it to UFA or is on the trade block that the Blues will be ma king an agreed I've offer. Can't do that if we use all of our chops picks on a positional player we don't need.

9) bergavins latest askin price us insane for a lw. Don't care how you spin it its insane and blues will not pay it

10) blues scout's, gm, assistant gm have not been seem at any MTL games. If they were goin to give up that much wouldn't they attend a few games.

11) the point of getting a rental is to help with the playoffs. Not to get a guy who disappears in the playoffs. Right.

So there are a few more points I could add but I think I got enough. Can't wait to see how you guys spin this.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Lol, berg was at a Hamilton game. Is William bitten not your player currently playing well. Also why haven't we heard of blues scout's at mtl games. See my annoyance isn't the rumors created itself. It's the fact the mtl fans choose to only acknowledge the information that fits their story arc of favor. They only use the pieces of the puzzle that fits the narrative they want instead of all the information that leads to the truthful outcome.

I will do you a justice and go over it one more time.

1) patches is a lw which is a position of strength. Currently blues position of need is center and right wing.

2) Doug armatrong has made two statemen's to public. he is not trading his top prospects for rentals or players with out term. Players that will not be part of the team for years to come.

3) the top prospects in question will be nhl ready next year. They fill an imeddiate position of need for blues.

4) though patches may not be a rental, blues can not and will night sign him to a contract after next year he will command at least 6 years by 8 9 mil and if we wouldn't pay that for backes our captain we will not pay that for patches who would start decline 3 years into contract

5) thomas and kyrou both have top y potential at center or rightwing, Thompson is already playing top 6 minutes depending on night and kostib will be a top 6 winger very soon. With out a first rounD pick in 2018 it's very important to keep your prospects.

6) Doug Armstrong already said he doesn't feel like this is the year the blues will contend. He feels the window will open wider next year and years to come with our young talent. Blues fans agree and are content with our GM with not making moves.
7) blues do not have a first round pick in 2018, so trading our first round pick in 2019 is a no go. Not picking in the first round of the draft 2 years in a row is a bad idea for any team. Especially a team that relies on elc contracts.

8) blues beat writer jerry rutherford. Whom we trust just as much as you guys tris MacKenzie ect. Just stated that if johe Tavares makes it to UFA or is on the trade block that the Blues will be ma king an agreed I've offer. Can't do that if we use all of our chops picks on a positional player we don't need.

9) bergavins latest askin price us insane for a lw. Don't care how you spin it its insane and blues will not pay it

10) blues scout's, gm, assistant gm have not been seem at any MTL games. If they were goin to give up that much wouldn't they attend a few games.

11) the point of getting a rental is to help with the playoffs. Not to get a guy who disappears in the playoffs. Right.

So there are a few more points I could add but I think I got enough. Can't wait to see how you guys spin this.
I haven't consulted the thread in a while, but wasn't the general consensus that Berg was scouting Bitten to see if he was someone worth investing in?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I haven't consulted the thread in a while, but wasn't the general consensus that Berg was scouting Bitten to see if he was someone worth investing in?
Thats what would be logical. He has actually been playing very well of late. I know because I follow thomas and kyrou like a hawk. Bitten and thomas are on the same line now. But the moment you tell habs fans about bitten it just gets dismissed asap and back to Robert thomas

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Fair enough but then again why in ****'s sake would u not trade either of them, given the chance, for Pacs to then flip him for MORE value. Seems like something far too complicated for HF to comprehend...
So now teams should get patches then flip him for more value. This is a joke right?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You actually value those 3 forwards more then Pacioretty, who is the 4th leading goal scorer over the past 5 season, only behind ovechkin, Crosby and Tarasenko? You are literally looking a points from this season only, when Pacioretty is playing on a bottom feeding team, while the jets are first in their division. The habs are experiencing a off year but Pacioretty has turned it up over his last 12 games. He has never played with a real good centre and still manages to put up 30 every season. Playing with Scheifele he would hit 40.

Oh and just to add to it,

But hey, what do I know?

Honestly we do live in a world now we're what have you done for me know instead of what have you done over a period of time. Just saying

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I fear the habs fans are so high on Robert thomas that reason and logic no longer play a role in these conversations

It's not their fault. I've heard Thomas+ for patches on on/from people on RDS a dozen times since pacthes was made available. Then we get to TSN690.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's not their fault. I've heard Thomas+ for patches on on/from people on RDS a dozen times since pacthes was made available. Then we get to TSN690.
Yeah you heard that but what about all the other things. If your going to use information to make logical decisions you can't pick and chose the info that best suites you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad