Friedman: Only Price and Mete untouchable in Montreal

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Sure, you couldn't use probably the best sniping prospect outside the NHL.
That's besides the point. We needed a good center prospect more than we needed a winger prospect, hence why we got the best available.

Any team would say they could use the best sniping prospect outside the NHL. Why didn't Boston draft him then? Because they had other needs.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's besides the point. We needed a good center prospect more than we needed a winger prospect, hence why we got the best available.

Any team would say they could use the best sniping prospect outside the NHL. Why didn't Boston draft him then? Because they had other needs.

Montreal needs a #1C.
Boston ha 3 good LD prospects and Krug on the roster when they picked up Vaakanainen, they didn't pick for need.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They also selected what has become a teenage mutant ninja minute-eating top-pairing defenseman in the following draft. I think they can be forgiven for not selecting Chabot, at least.

Lets see what McAvoy does without Chara. I think he was an awesome pick for the Bruins at 14th and they even skipped by Chchrun to take him. I am curious to see what he can do without Chara though. Chara is a beast still at age 40 and he makes players around him better IMO.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Montreal needs a #1C.
Boston ha 3 good LD prospects and Krug on the roster when they picked up Vaakanainen, they didn't pick for need.
Is Tolvanen a 1C? No. What's your point?

Montreal is needing a true 2C too since ideally Danault is a 3C. Which is what Poehling projects to be.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is Tolvanen a 1C? No. What's your point?

Montreal is needing a true 2C too since ideally Danault is a 3C. Which is what Poehling projects to be.

You pick the best prospect available and not try to go for need to hopefully to add a #2C or a #3C.

Tolvanen last year with 2 top10 picks in the next 2 years would be a good start to rebuilding, it would have also made trading Pac easier.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
You pick the best prospect available and not try to go for need to hopefully to add a #2C or a #3C.

Tolvanen last year with 2 top10 picks in the next 2 years would be a good start to rebuilding, it would have also made trading Pac easier.
Just so I'm clear, I really wanted the Habs to draft Tolvanen at 25.

We didn't. He fell hard at the draft. Like I said, 29 teams passed on a top 10 talent. So why is Montreal getting thrown under the bus for this? You wouldn't argue that Detroit was in need of a sniping winger instead of a 6'6 grinding center? Or Edmonton? Or San Jose?

What if Tolvanen had struggled in the KHL? Easy to pick him as a future offensive force with the benefit of hindsight.

You're splitting hairs here.

Reactions: Deam78

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
would rather the jets recent first rounder than roslovic, if a trade was to be made...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Wow just another opinion piece by who...???. This guys pretty much regergitated the same stuff that has been reported on. At least everyone dropped that awful price trade fable. Seriously though who trades their top center prospect for a player that is by all means a glorified rental you know who wont be apart of your team especially when your not even top 4 or 8 to win cup this year. That one player who looked bad by the way on tuesday is not going to make the blues playoff contenders especially when he disappears in the playoffs. But hey keep fighting the good fight habs fans.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Problem is, nobody wants to trade high end prospects for a left wing with that term.

Left wing options are numerous.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Montreal should study about trading Jeff Petry. Petry is probably one of the hotest dman in NHL right now with 10 points in 11 games.

Sell high!
I agree! Petry is on pace to easily have the best season of his career. If he can keep having 35-40 points seasons for the next 3 season he will be a very good addition to any team.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Roslovic is more valuable than Vesalainen and lol at the idea of trading either for Patchs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad