Friedman: Only Price and Mete untouchable in Montreal

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wonder if Price is by choice or the fact no one wants that contract. Atleast the latter is what it seems on here

He has a full NMC so he cannot be traded without waiving. I'd imagine that plays a big part in it.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Wonder if Price is by choice or the fact no one wants that contract. Atleast the latter is what it seems on here
I’d say it’s more a combination of the visuals of trying to trade him the same year as extending him along with the fact Price has saved Bergevins ass so often, MB is afraid to lose him.
Add into that Prices full NTC.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I’d say it’s more a combination of the visuals of trying to trade him the same year as extending him along with the fact Price has saved Bergevins ass so often, MB is afraid to lose him.
Add into that Prices full NTC.
ah for some reason i thought the NTC started next year. Petry does have a NMC too

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Always the same with MB:

Bergevin's working the phone, most active among all GM. :huh:

What the hell is he doing all this time when his only answer is trades are hard, it's not playstation.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Victor Mete is a good 4th round pick and could very well turn into a top 4 LD on a good team, but to consider him "untouchable" is ridiculous

Well, he's 19 years old. If you're rebuilding, you shouldn't be selling off futures.

Price being an untouchable is the ridiculous part.

Well, the most ridiculous part is that Bergevin is going to be allowed to be in charge of it.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think Price will get tired of being shelled on a nightly basis pretty quick. Don't see him sticking around through the rebuild, because Montreal should be starting from scratch.

Reactions: viper0220

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The problem with the Habs current situation is that they don't have a good prospect pool at all and they don't have that many attractive trade assets. Who on that team actually has as high value as they should have based on their age and ability? Maybe Petry and Danault and that's about it? Other players are either having bad seasons (Drouin, Pacioretty, Gallagher and Galchenyuk are the big ones), have awful contracts (Price, Weber, Alzner and Shaw) or don't have that much value.

I'd love for the Penguins to add Danault though, but I don't see how that would work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad