Post-Game Talk: Only Gallagher tried. Clean House

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Your asking who will make the playoff's with only 20 something games of a 82 game schedule. Montreal is in the same situation the Leafs were a year ago, the Leafs got in to the playoffs by beating Pittsburgh to answer your question
Really? Exact same situation? Roster has the same potential for growth?
Up until the start of this year which one are the Leafs apples or oranges lol the Leafs have amounted to a hill of beans for the last 10 to 15 years just to throw a stat a you I believe Montreal lost the last 2 to Toronto were Montreal won the previous 10 I think?
Getting a high draft pick would be great but ask Buffalo how the tank works? Matthews is playing for Toronto not Buffalo like the Buffalo tank nation thought?
What are you talking about Buffalo thought they'd get Matthews? They drafted 8th, Leafs finished last and drafted 1st. Tanking is the best odds of getting skill on your team.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He's part of the problem and his fat ass should have Never come back in the first place.

I still haven't gotten over the amount of praise he got when he was hired. The hate for MT was so strong it made everyone lose their ****ing minds...
Wait we’ll be having AV back next because there are only so many French speakers. In an alternative world I’d love Roy and Torterella here just to blow everything up and the French media, it would be like throwing a hand grenade in the boardroom and locker room and seeing who survives

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I lost all faith in this team the minute they made Max captain. I said it the day of the Subban trade, this team will go nowhere (and I wasn't wrong). I also said Weber is Souray 2.0 and people harped on me for that (even though I was right).
The problem was Bergevin said Weber as a better replacement for PK when in Reality he is a stay at home blue liner who is very good at what he says on the tin, he was never a PMD. Vanisheretty hasn’t got a leadership bone in his body which proves you should never leave it to the team to vote for the captain

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Don't forget guys that yesterday Habs played against Toronto Maple Leafs. This Toronto Team today is what looks the most like the Oilers of the 80's. Not every game will be against teams like that. So chill a little and see how the Habs will play next week.

Don't forget they also played the awful Coyotes, who hadn't won a game in regulation, and lost. In regulation.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So when is Bergevin getting fired? I'm tired of nothing happening while watching this sinking ship. I want something to happen, and fast.

Hummmm ... would Geoff actually do something now?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Doesn’t matter if the goalie carried you at the end of the day players are commodities, emotions have no place in business. I agree Bergevin is incapable running a business
There should have been a President hired, inbetween MB and Molson, and this wouldn't have happened...MB is downright dumb, and arrogant at the same time...a combination that has led us nowhere...

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Up until the start of this year which one are the Leafs apples or oranges lol the Leafs have amounted to a hill of beans for the last 10 to 15 years just to throw a stat a you I believe Montreal lost the last 2 to Toronto were Montreal won the previous 10 I think?
Getting a high draft pick would be great but ask Buffalo how the tank works? Matthews is playing for Toronto not Buffalo like the Buffalo tank nation thought?

The Leafs last year were a very young team in the midst of a rebuild. Making the playoffs was victory for them. The Habs were a team in their prime, in a "win now" mode who were expected to compete for the cup.

Apples and oranges.......

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How about I ask you two point shots just over the blue line two goals how do the forwards feel

It is an 82 game season tanking is not the solution tanking guarantees nothing

What sort of guarantee do you think Bergevin's approach so far has given us?

Reactions: NoQuinn

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro and Nilan talking about Drouin and his center struggles. Marinaro asked Nilan if this were Galchenyuk playing this bad at center there would've been a move before now and Nilan said yes probably. Nilan said if Drouin were a winger it would free him up to do more things offensively but the Habs don't have any other center options.

My take is that Galchenyuk despite his defensive woes put up his best offensive numbers playing center and hasn't looked very good on the wings. Drouin has struggled adjusting to center and his offense has suffered and would likely look better on the wing and bring more offense there.

Here's a thought... Despite MB saying Galchneyuk isn't a center anymore you still maybe move Galchenyuk back to center again and Drouin to wing for a few games to AT LEAST give it a try. :dunno: What do the Habs really have to lose trying this? MB's gigantic ego might take a huge hit if it worked but who cares about that.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Marinaro and Nilan talking about Drouin and his center struggles. Marinaro asked Nilan if this were Galchenyuk playing this bad at center there would've been a move before now and Nilan said yes probably. Nilan said if Drouin were a winger it would free him up to do more things offensively but the Habs don't have any other center options.

My take is that Galchenyuk despite his defensive woes put up his best offensive numbers playing center and hasn't looked very good on the wings. Drouin has struggled adjusting to center and his offense has suffered and would likely look better on the wing and bring more offense there.

Here's a thought... Despite MB saying Galchneyuk isn't a center anymore you still maybe move Galchenyuk back to center again and Drouin to wing for a few games to AT LEAST give it a try. :dunno: What do the Habs really have to lose trying this? MB's gigantic ego might take a huge hit if it worked but who cares about that.
This is the answer common sense dictates....... but MB...:thumbd:

Reactions: sheed36

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Guaranteed mediocrity ......
The inbreeding approach to hiring must stop. Hire the best person available or this endless cycle of futility will continue. I have had the privilege and responsibility of leading and managing a number of large for profit and not for profit enterprises and have learned one truism: you're only as good as the people you hire. Pursue any hiring policy that does not use merit and capability as its primary criteria, and you will fail. And fail ignominiously. The team's ownership's penchant to ensure a French face to the franchise (at the cost of overlooking available non-francophone management talent) is a regressive and ultimately failing strategy. I fear that political correctness and collateral marketing concerns will continue to allow the 'guaranteed mediocrity' we have now come to regretfully expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad