Only five players in the entire NHL have logged more minutes than Andrei Markov

EvilGreenRanger

Mar 27, 2014
Watching him score that shootout winner a few weeks back was awesome, shades of 2008

Last edited:

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Yea he's awesome but sometime his age really show off. He loses 1on1 battle and his defense is not as good as it used to be.

Don't sign him more than 2yrs.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
His two years of rehab really took some prime wear-and-tear off his body. I'd extend him at his current contract.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
This guy needs a rest. Although habs get a few days off this week, I'd
like to see Markov get one of the 'back to back's off. We're mostly concerned
with play-off readyness now.

I'm also glad that Plekanec found a great excuse to take a game off.
He's the other guy I really wanted to rest.

If we can re-sign Markov, I think he is the natural choice for captain
next year.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Congrats Marky, clinch home ice, give him some time off.

Also did a little research. PK plays the 10th most ev strength minutes in the league. More then Chara, Mcdonaugh, Keith etc.. But I thought he was a defensive liability.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Congrats Marky, clinch home ice, give him some time off.

Also did a little research. PK plays the 10th most ev strength minutes in the league. More then Chara, Mcdonaugh, Keith etc.. But I thought he was a defensive liability.

Not only is he a defensive liability, but Therrien doesn't trust PK at all, and he hates him. :laugh:

PricePkPatch*

Still gotta him trade for a low 1rst round pick and a B-level prospect :sarcasm:

Look. We doubled down; no point in selling Markov anymore.

Well.. no, we did not "doubled down". We.. "doubled 5% down". Basically all the benefits of doubling down, with minimal risk.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
I am trying to find out where the "Trade Markov" section of the fan base has gone.

All of them are very shortsighted and couldn't see past his "wonky" knee(s). Fact is Andrei Markov is still a top 30 Dman in the NHL. 42 PTS in 76 GP? Iron Man on the Habs? Obviously Subban is the better Dman but nobody has the vision like Markov does. NOBODY.

Please remember that we have had Markov for a grand total of like 8 or so playoff games the past 3/4 playoffs.

And some of you wanted to trade him for a pick and prospect. So glad none of us are the GM.

Re-sign for at least 2 years. 6M per cap.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
we got vanek, things change..

also people wanted to trade him if he's not going to sign.

Wow, that's just re-writing history. I had to argue against a lot of posters who "wanted to get rid of him", "that would be pissed" if he wasn't traded, who thought that a 1st rd pick was more usefull than him because he would be in the organization longer, etc.

I couldn't believe the amount of idiocy in front of me.... I actually had to stop posting in these threads to keep my sanity and wait for management to do the right move and shut them up for a while.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Wow, that's just re-writing history. I had to argue against a lot of posters who "wanted to get rid of him", "that would be pissed" if he wasn't traded, who thought that a 1st rd pick was more usefull than him because he would be in the organization longer, etc.

I couldn't believe the amount of idiocy in front of me.... I actually had to stop posting in these threads to keep my sanity and wait for management to do the right move and shut them up for a while.

Rest assured trading Markov was never a thought that entered Bergevins head.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I am trying to find out where the "Trade Markov" section of the fan base has gone.

All of them are very shortsighted and couldn't see past his "wonky" knee(s). Fact is Andrei Markov is still a top 30 Dman in the NHL. 42 PTS in 76 GP? Iron Man on the Habs? Obviously Subban is the better Dman but nobody has the vision like Markov does. NOBODY.

Please remember that we have had Markov for a grand total of like 8 or so playoff games the past 3/4 playoffs.

And some of you wanted to trade him for a pick and prospect. So glad none of us are the GM.

I'll raise my hand here, but my point wasn't to trade Markov by any means necessary my point was to trade Markov if he wasn't in the team's future plans, whats the point in keeping him if we don't plan to resign him? If he factors in according to bergy keep him, resign whatever, if not trade. Pretty simple stuff and I'll stand by it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

I don't think its a matter of being shortsighted at all.

Nobody said this guy wasn't a good player. And as far as I can remember, nobody said he was finished. What was said was that there was considerable risk in gambling on an older player with knee problems, esp when this team was supposedly rebuilding. It all comes down to where you're at as a team and what you'd be giving up vs. the return. I don't remember anyone saying we should just dump him for nothing.

Its great that he's performing the way he is and its great that he's stayed healthy. But its not like that guy didn't miss a ton of games for us and its not like there was no risk. Its not shortsighted to see this. We gambled on him and it looks like its paid off... but it was a gamble for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad