Armchair GM: Offseason Roster Moves and Rumors

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I’d look at Stamkos similar to acquiring Severson.

He obviously would help make the team “better” and fill a hole in the lineup and move guys down accordingly, but, he really isn’t the type/style of player we should be targeting unless there was a pretty significant overhaul (aka removal) of our “scoring wingers) and/or him being a “replacement” for Laine.

He wouldn’t be a terrible C complement to Jenner, IMO.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This is f***ing genius.

We're looking this offseason for pieces that fit with our current collection of young players and a few vets, "Glue" guys as has been called many times.

But we're "brick by brick" right? So it's "mortar" guys.

I amaze myself.
Go to your room until dinner.

You have been penalized for excessive self congratulations.

• Haha
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
This is f***ing genius.

We're looking this offseason for pieces that fit with our current collection of young players and a few vets, "Glue" guys as has been called many times.

But we're "brick by brick" right? So it's "mortar" guys.

I amaze myself.
Anther defintion of mortar is a cannon that fires explosive shells. Let's not get too eager for that word around these parts.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anther defintion of mortar is a cannon that fires explosive shells. Let's not get too eager for that word around these parts.
That just means it works from all possible angles. Because we want our glue guys to have an explosive impact on the ice.

IT ALL FITS

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
That just means it works from all possible angles. Because we want our glue guys to have an explosive impact on the ice.

IT ALL FITS
Pardon my squeamishness on bringing implications of shells hitting things into Blue Jackets discussion.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

IT ALL FITS
It. All. Fits.
Pardon my squeamishness on bringing implications of shells hitting things into Blue Jackets discussion.
Sounds like a puck hitting a goal post?

(Yes, of course we understand. And you're not wrong. So let's limit "mortar" to the previously-mentioned application only.)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's kind of funny how little talk we've had about the lottery. I think we've simply been beaten into submission that it's a losing effort to wish upon a star.
When it's been literally mathematically proven that the lottery screws over your team more than any other team in NHL history by a wide margin, it's kind of difficult to make it a thing to look forward to.

• Haha
Reactions: domi28 and Xoggz22

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's kind of funny how little talk we've had about the lottery. I think we've simply been beaten into submission that it's a losing effort to wish upon a star.
Chicago will be first. Ii is all what we can know. :D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

When it's been literally mathematically proven that the lottery screws over your team more than any other team in NHL history by a wide margin, it's kind of difficult to make it a thing to look forward to.

What's funny is before I made that post I originally typed " we only have one week until we get Celebrinni" and then thought about it, realized just how unrealistic that was and then made that reply 😂 I'm a pessimistic optimist!

Chicago will be first. Ii is all what we can know. :D
Watch this year where chicago wins the first lottery again and then Pitt will win the second lottery, putting them inside the top 10 which means they'll end up landing a franchise player that falls through the cracks that gets to learn behind Sid and Geno for a year or two before taking over.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Mathematically that means it will even out in the long run :naughty: Celebrini should start looking at appartments at this point

Reactions: LJ7

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
What's funny is before I made that post I originally typed " we only have one week until we get Celebrinni" and then thought about it, realized just how unrealistic that was and then made that reply 😂 I'm a pessimistic optimist!

Watch this year where chicago wins the first lottery again and then Pitt will win the second lottery, putting them inside the top 10 which means they'll end up landing a franchise player that falls through the cracks that gets to learn behind Sid and Geno for a year or two before taking over.
New Jersey will win. Luckiest damn team in the league the last decade. The league won’t risk Chicago losing the ability to draft McKenna in two years to play with his cousin. Celebrini is, like, Jack Hughes level. Not worth putting a finger on the scale for the Hawks for that.

Reactions: Napoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If you bet on that prediction, you would win. :sarcasm:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm sure I don't have any idea why that could be. :hides baseball bat:
1714613466856.jpeg

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I was going to downplay the idea of Chicago winning the lottery this year. Then I realized they have Taylor Hall on their roster.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I quite like the idea of Stamkos.
Still effective, a winner, and a young vet for our young team.
He would help KJ and Fantilli.
Maybe the new GM can try to convince him, but he may not want to be part of a rebuild.

Also, time to move on from Elvis.
Approach Vegas because, try to get Hill or Thompson in exchange - even if have to eat a $1M of Elvis contract.

Gotta sort out the D, move Boq or Bean. I don't care which one, but one has to go. They're too similar.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I quite like the idea of Stamkos.
Still effective, a winner, and a young vet for our young team.
He would help KJ and Fantilli.
Maybe the new GM can try to convince him, but he may not want to be part of a rebuild.
What exactly is a young vet? Stamkos is 34 years old. He'd be the oldest player on the roster by almost 2 years as it stands today.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad