Only five players in the entire NHL have logged more minutes than Andrei Markov

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
481379435_slide.jpg

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20142ALLSASALL&sort=timeOnIce&viewName=timeOnIce

6th in total minutes on ice, 9th in average ice-time.

This guy is a stud and has been so consistent for pretty much the entire season. 42 points in 76 games.

Discuss The General.

PricePkPatch*

Good for him.

I hope he will still have the energy for the playoffs. Man.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It would be nice if some of his energy was conserved for the playoffs, hopefully Therrien and Markov knew what they were doing there.

But it's good to see Markov silencing everyone who thought he was finished. The man is a warrior.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Would love if we could go back to Markov-Subban for the playoffs. Maybe run a Gorges-Weaver 2nd pairing to take the tough assignments?

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
"Too old" "Injured too many times"
Pff, Markov's game has always been strong thanks to his hockey IQ. He may have slowed down a bit, but he's still really damn good. Hope we re-sign him. This guy has to retire a Hab.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And another great stats.....

Since last year, Markov is the ONLY player on the Habs to have played all games.
Injury prone?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This was as good as we could've hoped for. No way that I would've bet on him doing this with the injuries he's had. Only concern I'd have here is that we're gassing him before the playoffs...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He certainly deserves it for all the perseverance and hard work he put into coming back. It must have been 3 horrible years for him.
I've been injured since december and am super depressed about not being able to workout. I can only imagine what he was giong through.

If we were going to trade him, we needed to do it earlier in the year. So now we definitely have to re-sign him.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
For F sake, rest him a little bit before the playoffs.

And sign him as soon as possible. 3 years, 6M per. He's most likely going to deliver, IMO. Very small risk. Hasn't missed a game since coming back.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Markov is and always was a Beast since he started his career here. And people are like " oh, trade him he's old and useless, might as well get futures for him"

What the DIRT! No! don't trade this Stinkin Tank, such a Beast anchor on the point for years.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Markov is awesome, sign him for 3 years please.

Also, good God Ryan Suter does actually play an average of 29+ mins a game. :amazed:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I remember how people were panicking when Marky decided to play one last game in the KHL... What if he gets injured, omg!

Seriously, Markov is a special player. An old, but true athlete.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I guess people can stop talking about his injured knees being a problem.

They may have slowed him down but looks like they're functioning at 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad