Post-Game Talk: Only Bob may go to the ti**y bar tonight: Panthers get swept, off-season coaching decision looms

Are you happy with what Florida did this season?

• Yes, President's trophy and 1st series win since 1996

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No, just give me the monkey pox

Votes: 47 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Other coaches available aside, from Brunette’s comments I don’t get the sense he’s back next year.
Well...you can't do anything...the lucky one is lucky...there is no system, in the offensive as you like, in defense that former Coach still aimed something...these just stood there, they wanted to use the old leaps and bounds...
Tampa has their combinations on every faceoff, rallies...we didn't have anything! suddenly it didn’t work in power play, but nothing new ... just the players were changed back / here / this / that and that’s all ... but the schemes remained the same as they were ....
There is a lot of running, but no one understands why to run ... if Verhi runs to take the puck and does not know what problem he has to solve ... Barki runs at the player and does not know where he needs to be driven, in which direction for the rest the game on defense was understandable, etc...tampa players hung on our attackers, there were jabs and blocks everywhere...we stood on defense and watched and "blocked" the puck...how I wished that, for example, Hubi or Barki or Reinho got so much free ice...
Offensive too..
Everyone on their own... no chemistry, no shit... there were good breakouts in the season, Tampa cut off, and Washington didn't give any more... and that's it, the game stopped...
Who runs with the puck and only if before the shot or before the loss ... does not understand what can be turned, played with partners, etc. ... that's the whole playoff🤬 about "great work of coaches" !!!

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

I just Hate that this was the thought process.

He just kept waiting for it to improve. Literally banging your head against a wall

To be honest, many on this board were on the same train of thought: "we were top 5 in the regular season..., one will eventually go in.... do the same thing we did in the regular season".
Playoffs is all about adjusting and Brunette just didn't adjust at all to anything really. Again, not his fault, he lacked the experience and was put in that situation. Needs to be addressed.

Reactions: PSLguy

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Hard to imagine Barkov is happy after getting swept in a playoff series and the first thing everyone asks him is 'Wow, are you hurt? You played like shit.'
do you even think that you are f…g talking ... I have never seen Barky afraid of a fight or a puck or an opponent! yes, he is not a checker… but he never dodges or jumps… and only an asshole can not see this… and a cold head on the field does not mean that there is no motivation! did you lack emotions? go to ketch🤡 f…g clown!!!

Rawberry

Oct 29, 2016
Finland
Lightning was way ahead in the tactical department. They won the neutral zone play and defended systematically. Can't say I'm not disappointed but hey, Panthers was not struggling in the regular season and got to the second round of playoffs. Lightning was just much better and that's it.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
do you even think that you are f…g talking ... I have never seen Barky afraid of a fight or a puck or an opponent! yes, he is not a checker… but he never dodges or jumps… and only an asshole can not see this… and a cold head on the field does not mean that there is no motivation! did you lack emotions? go to ketch🤡 f…g clown!!!

What on Earth are you blathering about? Barkov was asked by reporters after the game if he was injured.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'll be fair to Brunette

Now that the season is over, he's more qualified now to be a head coach than he was back in October. If we don't keep him, he should get a job

He has playoff experience now. A full season under his belt. President's trophy.

I don't doubt he will be better. However, I've reiterated this. He should coach his own system and philosophy not Quenneville's.

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The good news is the boys played their hearts out the bad news is the boys played their hearts out. Bruno your a good man but your not getting the team better period end of story.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
depth was a key component for us, that disappeared in the playoffs. Marchment was injured for this series, Lundell wasn’t impactful and there Reinhart was wasted on the 3rd. Lomberg and horn and Luostarinen as 4th liners each had as many goals as Huberdeau did. Barkov and Huberdeau in the top-6 didn’t show up. Giroux and Verhaeghe had their moments in the first series. Playoff Bennett didn’t do a whole lot of anything, and Duclair is a ghost in the playoffs.
What on Earth are you blathering about? Barkov was asked by reporters after the game if he was injured.
Well, how can you not understand! which Lundell? which marchment? …well, he will score in one game if he gets a pass from Hubie…what else will he do?…we need Hubу, Barky, Ekblad, Bob to play their best game…only then we can fight for the cup…and then the rest will too better, like a regular…how many goals would Bennett score without Hubi? or Verhi without Barку?…
now our stars they played poorly, why? because bad players??? or did we play shit with the whole team! it’s easy and simple to crap and pour shit on one or two leading players… they know how and can win us the cup, but the coaches have to work… and don’t f***ing let such goals 3 seconds before the end!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'll be fair to Brunette

Now that the season is over, he's more qualified now to be a head coach than he was back in October. If we don't keep him, he should get a job

I think he needs to stick to being an assistant coach or maybe try coaching hockey at a lower level before someone gives him another shot in the NHL. He got abused pretty badly in the two playoff series by his counterparts. Indicates that he either needs a lot more experience (and probably some direct mentoring) or maybe just doesn't have the aptitude.

I also think he needs to work more with an experienced staff. Asking Bruno, DMac, and Ulf Samuelsson to spitball this thing was a tall order, which is why I'm not down on them at all. I actually think those guys did a pretty decent job given the circumstances. But these guys aren't ready to run an NHL coaching staff, and that includes Bruno.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think he needs to stick to being an assistant coach or maybe try coaching hockey at a lower level before someone gives him another shot in the NHL. He got abused pretty badly in the two playoff series by his counterparts. Indicates that he either needs a lot more experience (and probably some direct mentoring) or maybe just doesn't have the aptitude.

I also think he needs to work more with an experienced staff. Asking Bruno, DMac, and Ulf Samuelsson to spitball this thing was a tall order, which is why I'm not down on them at all. I actually think those guys did a pretty decent job given the circumstances. But these guys aren't ready to run an NHL coaching staff, and that includes Bruno.
I added to my post.

I think the big flaw of his approach was he tried to keep Quenneville's system and philosophy and not coach his own.

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
What did he say? not injured…why did you play poorly? the opponent did not let the team play their game! and he couldn't find the keys to victory alone!...or how...ah! Lundell was a beauty! …and maybe Marchment, but didn’t play🙈

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
In the end you have 3 points combined from huby and barkov this series, its just not good enough from the so called superstars on this team.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
In the end you have 3 points combined from huby and barkov this series, its just not good enough from the so called superstars on this team.
agreed! they must win us the cup! …but it takes a whole team, a winning system and tactics…work of coaches in the playoffs! all of you, fans, were jumping and jumping for joy here, when without Barkov, then without Ekblad...yes, a lot without anyone, the team won all the matches in a row!...you jumped for happiness and wrote how great we have the depth of the roster...and where is it now?…listening to you, we only needed one Barkу and another Hubу 🥵we didn’t have enough coaches, the playoff game is different and we need to prepare and develop for it all year, and maybe more…how many years has Ovi been waiting for his cup? ??

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Stars.

They don't get that super title until they perform where it matters most

They are all stars at best right now
and you need to get to these important games and you will have to go to the next 82 games ... you f…g found important / not important games

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
@Mogo did you get your jersey yet? Mine is ripped into pieces and in the trash...

We went through so much crap over 2 decades. For once we look like a powerhouse that can compete with anybody. This is the reason why this loss stings more than anything else I have experienced so far. Of course hopes went up maybe too high after such a regular season. But dropping out like this? 3 goals in 4 games after averaging over 4 per game?

Last year's PO matchup against TB was one of the best series ever... how is it possible that we are so far away from that today with mainly the same roster? No intensity, no fire, not giving their all...
IMO it is the fact that this team was conditioned/brainwashed to stay calm, composed, "true pros" and "feelingless" throughouth the whole season in whatever game situation. "Your skill will settle everything for you, just stick to your game" bla bla bla. You cannot turn intensity on and off like a light switch.

The regular season was fun indeed. But at least when we were crap before, the players gave a damn. This is a zombie group. Go back to eating ice cream, dogsledding, golfing, playing beach volleyball, standup-paddling, driving Lamborghinis, putting your fingers up your butt... at least you excel at that.

Rant end - thank you for your understanding that I need a catharsic post

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Well 2nd round and the Presidents trophy were great and I'm not mad.
Just a tad disappointed, because going from 4 goals per game, total blitzkrieg hockey to 0 goals per game & getting swept does that to you.

I just wish Tampa wasn't in the same division or the playoff format was changed. I think we would've won against Toronto and others.

Reactions: harv33173

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I just wish Tampa wasn't in the same division or the playoff format was changed. I think we would've won against Toronto and others.

We’ll never know…

The only facts we know is that we lost in 4 and Tampa needed 7 to win against Toronto. We also know we didn’t look good at all against Caps.

Sorry, but it’s a little bit silly to say we would have won against Toronto and others…

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We’ll never know…

The only facts we know is that we lost in 4 and Tampa needed 7 to win against Toronto. We also know we didn’t look good at all against Caps.

Sorry, but it’s a little bit silly to say we would have won against Toronto and others…

IMO the team never really turned it on past game 79 or so.

The last game vs Boston in the regular season looked a lot like the postseason.
Very little offensive possession time. Few perimeter shots then the puck is kicked out. Clogged neutral zone and no adjustments to counter it etc...

For some reason the players just didn't seem to have that intensity from last year. It was just uninspiring at times. Add in no adjustments from the coaches etc...

No way this team was a sure thing to of beaten Toronto with the display we saw this postseason.
Even when this team was firing on all cylinders in the regular season Toronto made it close and cardiac.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
IMO the team never really turned it on past game 79 or so.

The last game vs Boston in the regular season looked a lot like the postseason.
Very little offensive possession time. Few perimeter shots then the puck is kicked out. Clogged neutral zone and no adjustments to counter it etc...

For some reason the players just didn't seem to have that intensity from last year. It was just uninspiring at times. Add in no adjustments from the coaches etc...

No way this team was a sure thing to of beaten Toronto with the display we saw this postseason.
Even when this team was firing on all cylinders in the regular season Toronto made it close and cardiac.
Cheeto popcorn game don't remind me

Reactions: ShootIt

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
It’s hard to hate on a guy who wasn’t even brought in to be our head coach in the first place but stepped in and helped us have a great season and get past Washington.

He’s just not the guy moving forward, in my opinion.
Bruno exceeded all expectations we could have had of him. His inexperience showed at times and his core players let him down for just about the entire playoff run.

I have no issues with him not being coach next year. Just hoping they don't reach into the dinosaur recycling bin that is NHL coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad