Ongoing Wander Franco situation

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not just f***ing awful for the girl, but for franco's wife and kids as well. obviously no way he comes back from this. can't think of a bigger wasted talent in recent MLB history

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Far from a rays fan, I can already tell the story will likely turn out to be BS and uncorroborated

It’s amazing how the collective jumps on the story and is already convinced he’s guilty

And amazing how the team can ’suspend’ him without much other than Twitter noise

He’ll probably have the stink of this on him forever even if it turns out to be unproven

This aged well

The document states that both Franco and the mother engaged in the exploitation and prostitution of minors, physical and sexual abuse and trafficking of minors, according to multiple Spanish-language news reports, including Dominican newspaper Diario Libre and Noticias SIN.

The teenager’s mother “gave her minor daughter in exchange for money to the accused Wander Franco and forced him to keep handing over money, to silence the crime of child abuse,” according to the reports.

Prosecutors allege that Franco had a four-month relationship with the girl in the winter of 2022, when she was 14 and he was 21. According to the document, Franco took the minor from her home in the province of Puerto Plata on Dec. 9, 2022 and “for a period of two days, the accused had sexual relations with the teenager.”

Kinda suspicious that this is coming out around when the Epstein files and logs are supposedly being relesed

Dude.....what???

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

This puts to bed pretty much any assumption/claim he was being setup. Sicko was all into it.

Incredible he somehow gets worse with each thing that comes out.

Rays shouldn't have to wait long to get out of this contract. Between him digging a hole for himself and the DR apparently throwing the book at sex offenders fairly regularly, he's toast.

• Wow

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Jesus Tapdancing Christ those quotes are heinous if not lost in translation, and I might still remember enough Spanish (many years ago I could read it fluently) to determine if thats the case should I see the original.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I suspect they'll wait until there's a conviction or something (they're not paying him now, as far as I know), but yes, he's done.

They won't need to, but Manfred should also give him the permanent ban, just to underscore things.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I suspect they'll wait until there's a conviction or something (they're not paying him now, as far as I know), but yes, he's done.

They won't need to, but Manfred should also give him the permanent ban, just to underscore things.
Rays stuck him on Administrative leave which from I know means they don't have to pay him as you stated.

Idk what the off-season process for that is but I would have to assume he's either still on there or will be put back on it the moment spring training starts

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

This puts to bed pretty much any assumption/claim he was being setup. Sicko was all into it.

Rays shouldn't have to wait long to get out of this contract. Between him digging a hole for himself and the DR apparently throwing the book at sex offenders fairly regularly, he's toast.

Everything in this post is f***ing insane.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Where’s the opposite of this gif?

1704505313718.gif

Buddy’s attorney after that quote. If it’s a real quote, it absolutely will be used against him in court.

Mens rea right there

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Nice.

• Haha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Put the f***er in genpop and let them decide his punishment.

By far the worst part of that is the blurb about how the girl figured out she was essentially being used (and given the age, abused) which seemed to cause major distress. Major credit to her for going through that and still having the guts to speak up since it looks like without her doing so, he likely walks away scot free. And to the "uncle" dude or whatever for standing by her and convincing her to come forward.

The mother can get the brazen bull treatment. Absolutely worthless piece of shit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad