Ongoing Wander Franco situation

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Far from a rays fan, I can already tell the story will likely turn out to be BS and uncorroborated

It’s amazing how the collective jumps on the story and is already convinced he’s guilty

And amazing how the team can ’suspend’ him without much other than Twitter noise

He’ll probably have the stink of this on him forever even if it turns out to be unproven

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is a case where in 3 years he will be back in the league anyway I'm sure. Of course it won't be with Tampa. Birth records are awful in the DR, if she was born there it may be nearly impossible for them to get an exact date she was born so they might have anything from 14-17 being realistic

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Far from a rays fan, I can already tell the story will likely turn out to be BS and uncorroborated

It’s amazing how the collective jumps on the story and is already convinced he’s guilty

And amazing how the team can ’suspend’ him without much other than Twitter noise

He’ll probably have the stink of this on him forever even if it turns out to be unproven
I agree we should not jump to conclusions.. but what he allegedly did is horrific. Having him sit out while they figure out if there is any truth to the allegations seem like a smart move.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I agree we should not jump to conclusions.. but what he allegedly did is horrific. Having him sit out while they figure out if there is any truth to the allegations seem like a smart move.

Of course, if it's true and it happened in this country, he's probably gonna do prison time.

My thing is, there needs to be better and more solid convincing evidence that it happened before you 'suspend' the player and essentially tie their name to this. It seems like Rays panicked when the mob mentality already convicted him and flooded memes of him being a pedo on social media.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Yeah that's not looking good.

That said I assume there has been no confirmation on who she actually is yet?
Her name is out there, do a google search for 'Wander Franco girlfriend name'.

I will say this, based on some of the evidence (including the fact she seems to have a child who is at least 2 years old and there is a picture where she is seen driving), I doubt very much she is as young as 14.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Her name is out there, do a google search for 'Wander Franco girlfriend name'.

I will say this, based on some of the evidence (including the fact she seems to have a child who is at least 2 years old and there are is a picture where she is seen driving), I doubt very much she is as young as 14.
So basically people are freaking out because she looks young but dont actually know how old she is

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I'd hope it's not true, but former Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez is rotting in jail currently so it's not impossible to believe either, some guys do dumb shit. Just have to wait and see
It certainly is unfair to Franco, but the Vazquez case came to my mind as well when I read about the allegations. It seems to be more to it than a simple misunderstanding when the Rays on their playoff mission agree with their best player that he is best served by being placed on the restricted list.

Gruß,
BSHH

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Still not many details but doesn't look good for him.

He's only 22 and a generational type player, so if his career is gonna be ended, he'd have to have done some really abhorrent shit imo.

Reactions: DaveG and Voight

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What an absolutely crazy story.

If it ends up being confirmed - and rumblings indicate that he does look to be in real trouble - I'm struggling to think of something similarly massive in sports history where a U23 generational talent has thrown away their career like this.

Aaron Hernandez might be the closest thing but he wasn't *this* good or this young. Franco has averaged 7 WAR/162 and had a legit chance of being the AL MVP this year.

Don Gallinger is probably the closest thing in the NHL? But again, not nearly this good.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What an absolutely crazy story.

If it ends up being confirmed - and rumblings indicate that he does look to be in real trouble - I'm struggling to think of something similarly massive in sports history where a U23 generational talent has thrown away their career like this.

Aaron Hernandez might be the closest thing but he wasn't *this* good or this young. Franco has averaged 7 WAR/162 and had a legit chance of being the AL MVP this year.

Don Gallinger is probably the closest thing in the NHL? But again, not nearly this good.

-Ray Lewis and/or his goons murdering a couple guys over a nothing beef
-Kobe Bryant being arrested for raping a 19 year Old housekeeper
-Mike Vick fighting and murdering man’s best friends
-Karl Malone impregnating a 13 year old
-Heatley drinking and driving recklessly and killing his teammate

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
-Ray Lewis and/or his goons murdering a couple guys over a nothing beef
-Kobe Bryant being arrested for raping a 19 year Old housekeeper
-Mike Vick fighting and murdering man’s best friends
-Karl Malone impregnating a 13 year old
-Heatley drinking and driving recklessly and killing his teammate
All those people continued to play for many years after those incidents.

Wander may not play again if found guilty

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
All those people continued to play for many years after those incidents.

Wander may not play again if found guilty

Right, that's why i said i think he's gonna have to have done some really, really bad shit if it's gonna be career ending.

Still don't know the details.... let's say he was in a relationship with this alleged 14 year old when he was around 18 ...not defending that, but i don't believe it will end his career.

but if this was more recent and involved more than 1 girl or he tried to solicit other girls, yeah he's done.

details are key.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad