Ongoing Wander Franco situation

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Something something this kid's going to be worth millions soon so let's get on board, would be my guess.

Very likely, though also raises the question or thought that why would a star 17 y/o athlete have to resort to a 13 y/o, surely he would have his pick of the litter of the girls around his age, you generally don't see the star JR or SR HS QB dating a middle schooler

Reactions: DaveG

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Very likely, though also raises the question or thought that why would a star 17 y/o athlete have to resort to a 13 y/o, surely he would have his pick of the litter of the girls around his age, you generally don't see the star JR or SR HS QB dating a middle schooler

Could be one of those deals where the two were neighbours for years, knew eachother a long time so both parents were familiar.

If the story I linked is true though and Franco broke it off at 18, it'd go a long way towards absolving him.

I'm sure the folks down there in the DR are hard at work sifting through this whole mess, should be an interesting read once it's all clear.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Such a wild storyline. First off, regardless of situation, 17 and 13 is pretty gross.

Secondly, why 'date' someone for less than a year and then when you turn 18 you break it off... so then you would wait 4 years to start dating again?

Like I get that kids are dumb but this is just an ultra stupid gameplan and sounds like something that someone would say to Chris Hansen on To Catch a Predator to lie and rationalize the situation.

I'll hold out until the facts come in but if this storyline is true it just proves Wander is guilty of being a complete idiot.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
If history wasn't filled with 18+ year old men sleeping with 14 year olds, none of us would be here

Ok, Larry.

LarryHall-mugshot.webp.png

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not an expert on law, but if the feds in the DR got the green light for multiple raids i can't imagine that bodes well for his innocence. I know that rule of thumb in the US is if they raid you, they generally have enough on you to prosecute.

..Or the fact it appears he's on the run.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Double edged sword here...the fact he SUPPOSEDLY went back to the DR would indicate he believes or knows he has nothing to fear but if he ran away and is hiding that reeks of guilt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Double edged sword here...the fact he SUPPOSEDLY went back to the DR would indicate he believes or knows he has nothing to fear but if he ran away and is hiding that reeks of guilt.
Arrogance to explain the first one most likely. A lot of these guys are put on a pedestal (especially in countries like this where the only hope of breaking out of poverty is baseball) and have an overinflated sense of worth from everyone blowing smoke up their ass.

He legit probably thought "they won't touch me" or some other dumb logic.

This is easier to type because the fact he's hiding/on the run indicates that he's guilty

Reactions: SoupNazi

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Arrogance to explain the first one most likely. A lot of these guys are put on a pedestal (especially in countries like this where the only hope of breaking out of poverty is baseball) and have an overinflated sense of worth from everyone blowing smoke up their ass.

He legit probably thought "they won't touch me" or some other dumb logic.

This is easier to type because the fact he's hiding/on the run indicates that he's guilty

Visa ran out here supposedly so he had no choice. DR has been shown like in the Papi thing to be sort of corrupt so who knows if we ever get the truth on this. Authorities could just have worked out some fiasco with him where they claim he's on the run, he pays them a big sum of cash and he is never charged due to “lack of evidence”.

Reactions: Voight and DaveG

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not an expert on law, but if the feds in the DR got the green light for multiple raids i can't imagine that bodes well for his innocence. I know that rule of thumb in the US is if they raid you, they generally have enough on you to prosecute.

..Or the fact it appears he's on the run.

There's the chance it could be an overzealous prosecutor looking to get their name out there / seeking fame.

Wouldn't be the first time. Prosecutors love headlines.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The mother getting locked up as well adds some potentially gross implications to this too. IIRC when this whole thing initially broke towards the end of the season there were allegations the mother either pimped her daughter out or lied about her age as an attempt to entrap Wander.

He's still scum regardless. Even if the age thing is true, if you have to ask how old she is, you probably shouldn't proceed.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupNazi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Are the facts of this case still mostly unknown?

It sounds (based mostly on rumours and chatter) like he had a relationship with a girl a few years younger than him that continued to when he was 18 and was possibly deceived as to the girls age and/or was blackmailed about it.

Doesn't sound like a case of Felipe Vasquez, i.e a grown ass man willingly seeking out underage girls. and it happened in a different country.

Idk..

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So he diddled the kid and then paid off the mom to try and keep quiet without realizing there was nothing stopping her from revealing this.

Dumb and a sucmbag

Say goodbye to your career and hopefully your life when the prisoners get their hands on you. Same goes for the mother too since multiple payments means she let this happen.

Poor kid.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kinda suspicious that this is coming out around when the Epstein files and logs are supposedly being relesed

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00