News Article: One thing the Penguins can always count on is Craig Adams in the lineup

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Maybe someone can refresh my memory but did Craig Adams really play all 4 ECF games last year?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
When was the last time Adams has been a healthy scratch in his career? Or in other words, when was the last time he had to fight for his job?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When was the last time Adams has been a healthy scratch in his career? Or in other words, when was the last time he had to fight for his job?

When he was put on waivers before the Pens picked him up. That's the last time his actual play on the ice dictated him playing or not.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This thread has admittedly made me a little depressed.

That video of Malkin up there was the proverbial straw.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Whether Adams has had any actual competition or not, he's always working as if he's afraid he's about to be sent to Wheeling. Complacency is soooo not his problem. He's always giving you everything he's got.

His problem is he's too slow to play and doesn't have the size, hands or toughness to maybe look past that a little. That he's "good on the PK" in an organization that's swimming with faster guys who are also "good on the PK" just isn't enough.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Whether Adams has had any actual competition or not, he's always working as if he's afraid he's about to be sent to Wheeling. Complacency is soooo not his problem. He's always giving you everything he's got.

His problem is he's too slow to play and doesn't have the size, hands or toughness to maybe look past that a little. That he's "good on the PK" in an organization that's swimming with faster guys who are also "good on the PK" just isn't enough.

I never said complacency or effort was his problem. I was wondering when the last time was he actually had to fight for his job. Not that he had to, but when he wasn't guaranteed a spot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, it's really telling to see the kind of death-spiral Chicago has been on since letting Adams walk.

Must be all that vaunted PK ability.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wish more people would point out that the team that waived Craig Adams has won the Stanley Cup twice in four years.

That's just as salient as his Cups in Carolina and Pittsburgh, no?

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
A few weeks ago Pierre McGuire raved about Adams. Pretty much he was full of it you all say?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wish more people would point out that the team that waived Craig Adams has won the Stanley Cup twice in four years.

That's just as salient as his Cups in Carolina and Pittsburgh, no?

And a lot more recent. ;)

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
We should have Megna on the PK, he's done it in the A. We'd have a few shorties this year if he was, and he would actually be able to get into passing lanes rather than just trying to get in the way of shots.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
And he's hardly good at that, either.

He's good on the pk. No matter how much we don't like him we can't take that away from the guy. He by far plays the most minutes of anybody on our team on the PK and it's the #1 ranked unit in the league. He isn't a threat to score short handed, which I don't like, but the unit is great at stopping other teams PP's and that's the most important thing.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
He's good on the pk. No matter how much we don't like him we can't take that away from the guy. He by far plays the most minutes of anybody on our team on the PK and it's the #1 ranked unit in the league. He isn't a threat to score short handed, which I don't like, but the unit is great at stopping other teams PP's and that's the most important thing.

And it would still be very good if Adams suddenly stopped playing for us.

The unit survived Jordan Staal's loss, it could handle losing Adams.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Our PK is much more coaching system and D staff than it is forward's skill. Losing CrAd does nothing to the bottom line.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The idea that "anybody can be taught to PK well" is just plain wrong. Some guys simply have a natural predisposition for it, and it isn't an automatic that anyone can pick it up.

We do, however, have a lot of guys who are good at it. That's the argument for moving Adams. The one thing he does pretty well isn't in short supply here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad