News Article: One thing the Penguins can always count on is Craig Adams in the lineup

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
"By Shelly Anderson".

You pretty much know how the article is going to turn out as soon as you read who its author is.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
At that selected quote, I can only

:bow: :clap:

So, it was the 4th-line roster turnover that explains why Adams doesn't help on offense. A guy that went a full 82-game season without scoring a goal is having his +/- hampered by his line-mates.

I think Shelly just trolled the boards with that article for blowing up her chats, and to that, I can only tip my hat and say good job. Keep it up and I'll end up rolling out a Shelly Anderson avatar.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Thanks for the laugh, RRP. That article is hilarious.

“He’s played with injuries that keep other people out for weeks,” Bylsma said.
“He’s had a couple of those this year as well, whether it’s a blocked shot or whatever else. He’s been able to play right through it and with it.”

Of course he does. Adams is a ****ing tank.

He's so awful he doesn't need anything. Hand injury? No problem, he doesn't need those. Knee injury? No problem, he can't skate anyway. Shoulder injury? No problem, he can't shoot anyway.

Until then, you know where you find Adams on Penguins game nights.

Oh goodie.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
images

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I will give Adams credit for being durable. He isn't that big and plays a tough game with all the shot blocking, pk work etc. It is impressive that he has been so durable. Although I must admit I cant stand watching him. He's always sucked offensively but now his skating is worse than ever. He can't even skate well enough to get in position to hit people and play somewhat physical anymore. He pretty much just kills penalties and that's about all he does.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
I can only picture Bylsma gushing about his favorite player as he talks about him like a teen girl with her first boyfriend who she thinks she's going to marry. Ugh. How did Craig weasel himself into a 2 year contract extension at his age anyways? ****ing Shero.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I will give Adams credit for being durable. He isn't that big and plays a tough game with all the shot blocking, pk work etc. It is impressive that he has been so durable. Although I must admit I cant stand watching him. He's always sucked offensively but now his skating is worse than ever. He can't even skate well enough to get in position to hit people and play somewhat physical anymore. He pretty much just kills penalties and that's about all he does.

And killing penalties isn't that special of a skill in the first place. Anybody can be taught how to kill a penalty.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
His stats suck cuz hes on the fourth line and their stats suck as a whole. And the fourth line sucks cuz hes on it. Its like a a perpetual cycle of suck. Good thing he never misses any time.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I still don't get why this guy is on the ice in an empty net situation, he can't even hit it anyways and it keeps being proven. Even Glass makes those!!

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I've always respected Adams for the amount effort he gives for every shift. However, he is flat out terrible at this point in his career. He can't skate, shoot, pass, keep possession of a puck on his stick, hit, or fight. He's on the team because of his penalty killing and the leadership that he brings.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe Adams should rest if he's banged up. Maybe he won't suck quite as bad if he's healthy. Like we really need him playing in every game. What a joke.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Hahaha... yeah, really.

"He plays through injuries almost nobody else would!"

WHY?!?

I love how extends his shifts when Crosby or Malkin are on the ice when the puck gets in the offensive zone. Heaven forbid they play 4v5 for a couple of seconds while he skates his worthless ass off the ice. Its not like they are anyway when he's out there or anything...

There is literally nothing he brings to this team that somebody else can't. That's why Chicago dumped his ass when he was younger and faster (if that's even possible). Its not like he's gotten any better since then.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Even in hockey, there comes a time where courage becomes more detrimental to the team than a net-positive. We've reached that point (and beyond!) with Adams. It's actually sad watching him out there trying to do ANYTHING with the puck on his stick.

For the love of God, shoot this damn horse already.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse
but I don't know why you keep bringing me down."

1penzfan

Aug 18, 2005
Apex, NC
Have to disagree with you here. If killing penalties was a skill that could be taught to anyone, then all teams would be good at killing penalties. Clearly not the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad