Speculation: One of Mark Pysyk or Alex Petrovic will be traded by Fla: Update-Sounds like Florida will keep Pysyk

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Darn, I felt like something around Brock Nelson for Pysyk could have been good for both clubs.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Pysyk wasn’t nearly as bad last season as people are saying...the team as a whole struggled defensively for the vast majority of the year. Pysyk is a solid #4 or #5, would keep him over Petrovic. Ya Petro is more physical and will fight but there’s too much bad blood brewing with him now after his brother took to Twitter and criticized the coaching staff and ownership (I think).

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I enjoy how it is all non-Panther fans saying he can play the top 4 but nowhere on the Florida board or no Panther fans here are saying anything other than he is a 3rd pairing guy. Hopefully other GMs are just looking at his corsi and did not actually see him play.

I like Petro alot. Always have. I might not be in the majority on the panthers board but I see what Tallon sees in the kid. He can play mid pair shutdown with some skill... But he excelled as a 3rd pairing shutdown this year. Kids a good player..

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What would Florida want for Petrovic from the Oilers?

I love Petrovic back from his days with the Rebels, but I don't see where he fits on the Oilers. I'd offer reclamation price (mid round pick) at most right now. We already have Benning as our #6 and maybe Bear ahead of Petrovic as well (he looked better last season already).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad