Speculation: One of Mark Pysyk or Alex Petrovic will be traded by Fla: Update-Sounds like Florida will keep Pysyk

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This was probably going to happen anyways but the signing of Kiselevich essentially confirms it.

Mark Pysyk- was fantastic in '17 in limited minutes as the #6, got rewarded with a 3 x 2.8 contract and was placed in the top 4, and completely shit the bed. He was awful last year, not much to add, clearly not a top 4 guy. Very good stay at home #6 at 2.8 million.

Alex Petrovic-Also had a nice year in '17, but did not mesh with Boughner and was benched a couple times. RFA stay at home dman who can throw hits and fight (he'll lose every fight but he tries).

Take your guesses at where they land now.

Last edited:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm curious as to how Pysyk **** the bed last year as I don't watch Panthers games. Just looking at his defensive numbers and they seemed alright.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
What would Florida want for Petrovic from the Oilers?

Why would the Oilers want him? The team needs a pp qb/player who can move the puck and create offense from the defense. He's not that player.

This sounds like a classic case of get the local boy even though he doesn't fill a need.

If you can find a way to move Russell this summer then Petrovic might make sense as the bottom pairing Rd.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Probably with the Canucks as they always trade with them. Or Vegas if Gallant wants to pick-pocket them.

But all jokes aside, I think Edmonton is a very ideal landing spot for either one of them.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Why would the Oilers want him? The team needs a pp qb/player who can move the puck and create offense from the defense. He's not that player.

This sounds like a classic case of get the local boy even though he doesn't fill a need.

If you can find a way to move Russell this summer then Petrovic might make sense as the bottom pairing Rd.
I just personally like the player and am open to having more capable rhd. Wouldn't be shocked to see Klefbom and/or another D moved this summer (not that I necessarily want Klefbom shipped out.)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Petrovic for one of the Yotes' three 3rds this year or Kyle Wood. Should be a fine replacement for Luke Schenn as our bottom pairing crease clearer.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I feel like the guy who broke up with his girl on this one, but what does Florida want from Buffalo for Pysyk. A 2nd maybe?

Reactions: Laus723

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Mark Pysyk- was fantastic in '17 in limited minutes as the #6, got rewarded with a 3 x 2.8 contract and was placed in the top 4, and completely **** the bed. He was awful last year, not much to add, clearly not a top 4 guy. Very good stay at home #6 at 2.8 million.

Did he? I mean I didn't really watch the Panthers much but based on Micah McCurdy's stats it looks like he played bottom pairing minutes last season, got overwhelmingly defensive zone starts, and was quite solid defensively (even possession with tough deployment), all while scoring at around a top 4 rate at 5v5 and playing the PK.

I mean man I'd take that on the Pens.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Did he? I mean I didn't really watch the Panthers much but based on Micah McCurdy's stats it looks like he played bottom pairing minutes last season, got overwhelmingly defensive zone starts, and was quite solid defensively (even possession with tough deployment), all while scoring at around a top 4 rate at 5v5 and playing the PK.

I mean man I'd take that on the Pens.
Runblad must be good as well then? He was bad positionally and shot 3%. Team gave up 70 goals when he was on the ice, led the team in turnovers and list his man constantly. He is supposed to be defensive minded. I would retain half his salary to have him gone. He makes Hunwick look like a stud. Played almost 20 minutes a night. I like the Pens they can do better.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Deal that has been endorsed by both sides is Brown for Pysyk give or take a pick.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If the panthers were so high on this guy, he would have gotten a multi year deal. I doubt this signing spells trouble for anyone just yet.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Toronto makes sense for Petrovic. 6 or 7 and can replace all of what Polak did. Personally I'd like to see Gudbranson sent to Florida for Petrovic and a 2nd.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd take both......Pysyk for Brown as a framework, Leivo for Petrovic as a framework.

We need all the quality RHD we can get, let them play it out for the training camp spot (move out Hainsey if need be (in some extreme case where we're stunting someone), because I'm not sold on him as being particularly adequate......nor part of the long-term picture).

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Pysyk didn't **** the bed, he was unlucky. His Relative GF% was -4.9 while his Relative xGF% was +2.68, please come to NYR.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
If the panthers were so high on this guy, he would have gotten a multi year deal. I doubt this signing spells trouble for anyone just yet.

Agreed, one-year/one-way reads, "if team AND player ain't feelin it in training camp....it's back to the K"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad