OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Congratulations to the city for getting a project done on time. Last August they shut down the Latta bridge on Jasper Avenue to tear it down and replace it. They said it would be finished in October of this year and it just reopened an hour ago. This has been a giant pain in the ass for everyone in this neighborhood and I’m thrilled it’s finally done.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Congratulations to the city for getting a project done on time. Last August they shut down the Latta bridge on Jasper Avenue to tear it down and replace it. They said it would be finished in October of this year and it just reopened an hour ago. This has been a giant pain in the ass for everyone in this neighborhood and I’m thrilled it’s finally done.
Should I hold my breath on it standing for awhile or is it all OK?

I remember the last bridge they built in that vicinity where the steel girders buckled..

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Should I hold my breath on it standing for awhile or is it all OK?

I remember the last bridge they built in that vicinity where the steel girders buckled..
Lol, I haven’t driven across it yet. I’m not going anywhere until tomorrow. Traffic has been pretty heavy since it opened though and so far, so good.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Other beer news

door-slam.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Richard Moll, who played Bull the bailiff on original 'Night Court,' dies at 80​

One of my all time favourite shows, and a great character.
Damn, this is sad. He was great in that show. Don’t really remember him in much of anything else though, too bad, he was funny. I tried to watch the reboot of Night Court last year but gave up after two episodes, it was awful.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Richard Moll, who played Bull the bailiff on original 'Night Court,' dies at 80​

One of my all time favourite shows, and a great character.
And followed up with the untimely death of Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends). He either fainted in his hot tub and drowned or went into cardiac arrest and drowned. Because he had addiction issues, some will speculate he OD'd or passed out and drowned that way but early reports say that's not the case with no evidence of booze or drugs found near the hot tub.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
That Matthew Perry one shocked me. Hit kind of weird. I wasn't crazy into Friends, but did watch most of it. It seemed like a comfort show or a show you can just throw on in the background sometimes or watch again. Same thing I do with Seinfeld.

I bet he had a heart attack. With his prior drug use, who knows how strong his heart was. Sitting in hot water too long can give you one too.

I think he has like a 2-4% chance to live when he was in the hospital a few years ago with a condition.

It's still crazy that he says he doesn't remember filming Friends past season 2 or something like that. He has to watch them and recalls it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
And followed up with the untimely death of Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends). He either fainted in his hot tub and drowned or went into cardiac arrest and drowned. Because he had addiction issues, some will speculate he OD'd or passed out and drowned that way but early reports say that's not the case with no evidence of booze or drugs found near the hot tub.

Matt Perry died?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I've been watching Loki and Lessons in Chemistry. Lessons is a very good miniseries based on a novel by Bonnie Garmus. Brie Larson plays Elizabeth Zott, a master's degree chemist who would've attained her PhD, except for extenuating circumstances. She meets a chemistry professor, who shares the same goal. It tells of being a brilliant woman in the misogynistic mid-50s at first and moves up 7 years later. where she has a daughter and becomes a popular afternoon cooking host who uses chemistry in her cooking. It's only 4 episodes (of 8) in. Watch it on Apple+ or if you don't get it or can't afford it, use Vidicast.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've been watching Loki and Lessons in Chemistry. Lessons is a very good miniseries based on a novel by Bonnie Garmus. Brie Larson plays Elizabeth Zott, a master's degree chemist who would've attained her PhD, except for extenuating circumstances. She meets a chemistry professor, who shares the same goal. It tells of being a brilliant woman in the misogynistic mid-50s at first and moves up 7 years later. where she has a daughter and becomes a popular afternoon cooking host who uses chemistry in her cooking. It's only 4 episodes (of 8) in. Watch it on Apple+ or if you don't get it or can't afford it, use Vidicast.
Nice to see you posting again! How are you doing these days?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

for those who think this is a strange pairing--Lemmy from the 1960's till his move to LA was notorious for playing with strage pairings.. his Hawkwind stuff is crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad