OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Thanks for this! In all the time I've ever heard it, I always thought it was a Motown song with a black singer.

Edit: Just figured it out via Google. The version I probably heard was a 1974 version done by a black artist name Carl Carlton, which had a bit of a disco flavour as well. And the original was done by another black artist name Robert Knight, who recorded it one year earlier than Love Afffair, but with more limited airplay and success. So I guess my instincts were correct.

However, this version by Love Affair was the most popular, which fits the narrative for so many great songs done by black artists back in those days, who never got the credit they deserved, and the tunes only achieved mainstream popularity and greatness when re-recorded by white artists.
I did not know this was the original of Shakin all over

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Okay Gen Xers and older folks--two songs where BOTH can be considered original as the people who wrote the song had their groups do them at the same time--one was a pop hit and one was an underground hit. Who actually did it better.. Our Lips are sealed. Go Go's vs Fun Boy 3.

fun boy 3's version is a little more meaner

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Okay Gen Xers and older folks--two songs where BOTH can be considered original as the people who wrote the song had their groups do them at the same time--one was a pop hit and one was an underground hit. Who actually did it better.. Our Lips are sealed. Go Go's vs Fun Boy 3.

fun boy 3's version is a little more meaner

Go Go’s AINEC

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
1000011999.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad