Post-Game Talk: One down, Two to go, FOR GREAT JUSTICE! LA - 3, Pens - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Watching Maatta struggle makes me more sad than the loss. The whole team has a stagnant air about it that is just depressing.

What is the title referencing, anyway? Did I miss something?

This was the first game of a double-header.

It could also mean we lost one of our two deadline acquisitions tonight when Goc messed up his leg/ankle/foot.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Bylsma took the fun out of watching the Penguins play hockey, it is time for someone to take the fun out of Bylsma's life and fire the stubborn narcissist. Used to laugh whenever someone posted the 'smug Bylsma' picture, now it just raises my blood pressure.

Hope that Goc's injury is not as season ending as it looks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bylsma took the fun out of watching the Penguins play hockey, it is time for someone to take the fun out of Bylsma's life and fire the stubborn narcissist. Used to laugh whenever someone posted the 'smug Bylsma' picture, now it just raises my blood pressure.

I used to be excited about Pens playoff hockey, the last 3yrs after the Habs series, I just try to hope it's not a brutal exit and that people don't go pointing fingers at the wrong players right away.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Shifting gears, I disagree with the praise for Gibbons greatly. He drew 2 penalties and I thought both were mistakes by the referee. Not his fault, but I can't really credit a guy for the referee botching a series of calls against LA.

Otherwise, he carelessly threw the puck to an all alone Anze Kopitar directly between the circles (Kopitar beat the tender and hit the crossbar) and is only even alive by the grace of Willie Mitchell's conscience. WM had him lined up for a kill shot, changed his mind and elected not to throw a body check. Gibbons never got his head up to see how close his season came to being over. If you're as small and weak as Gibbons, your on-ice awareness cannot be as bad as his is.

Yeah, I saw that too. I love the guy's speed and hustle, but his hockey I.Q. is definitely lacking.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He put himself in a vulnerable spot, the best thing would be to hit him, just not flat out rock the guy, WM was stupid not to.

Also, Gibbons has solid hockey IQ, it was one of the things that really impressed me about him. His ability to sometimes make something out of nothing and create a scoring chance. Gibbons is too small to be a regular though it seems, not unless he bulks up.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So its the narural law of pens hockey i guess. Bennett is back from the conditioning stint, then Goc goes down. God forbid we have too much options so glass, adams, pyatt may be pushed out of the lineup

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
The 2003-04 team was better down the stretch than this team.

The Penguins went flying high into the last two playoffs and look how those turned out. A little adversity just before the playoffs isn't all that bad. Just ask last season's Bruins who lost 7 of 9 games just before the playoffs.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

This is why we shouldn't use them in the playoff avatars, we're only trolling ourselves. It really dosen't make it anymore fun to be here ontop of what's already annoying with this team, injuries, play, ect...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Penguins went flying high into the last two playoffs and look how those turned out. A little adversity just before the playoffs isn't all that bad. Just ask last season's Bruins who lost 7 of 9 games just before the playoffs.

Are you suggesting that it's better that they go into the playoffs playing like... this?

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Are you suggesting that it's better that they go into the playoffs playing like... this?

Well it's better to struggle now than in the playoffs. Still time to get the game together before playoffs begin.

I'm sorry if I don't have the "it's all over, fire everyone, trade everyone"- negative mentality that seems to be required around here these days.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
- I was at the game.
- Despres not dressed.
- Flukey Goc injury.
- Extended time in D-zone + turnover + penalty = Craig Adams hat trick.
- The (barely listenable) post-game show predictably defended Glass' penalty. Glass must be one hell of a guy in person...

+ Gibbons. He often looked like the best fwd last night.
+ Big Jeff Z. Another solid performance.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
Just when I think it's not possible for me to hate Byslma more than I currently do, another game passes and my rage against this ass clown doubles.

Honest question here. I'm not saying everyone who posts here are experts, but it's clear that a lot of posters are knowledgeable about the game and have pulled up advancated statistics to show why some players (Adams, Glass, Orpik, etc.) are useless, why our roster would be better equipped to play a speed game, etc. Do you think Shero and Lemieux see this too? I mean, it's their team and they have so much at stake, how in the **** can they not see that change, regarding both roster and philosophy is needed?

It's so frustrating to watch.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If you handed the 1972 Steelers to the Bylsman how many silver trophies are at Heinz Field today. He is a lousy coach. He is along with Shero has on a yearly basis taken this franchise lower due to poor coaching, bad personal decisions and questionable drafts. Not one forward including Bennett is in the system that has significant potential. Two maybe three young defensmen who have significant upside. Bad contracts, now are an albatross and that to me is inexcusable. He made very big decisions in changing the culture to a a great franchise to play for unless you are young and need to play vs a franchise that was on the cusp of a dynasty. Both have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad