Recalled/Assigned: Ondrej Pavelec recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Yet you seem to believe your eye test and criteria has more validity .

It tends to hold more weight compared to someone who looks up the save % and mayyybe caught the highlights. ;)

For thousands of years the smartest people in the world used their "eye test" and concluded that that the heavier something is the faster it falls. Then someone decided to measure it...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Calling Pavelec up was one of the biggest joke moves this franchise has ever pulled. A classic "throw **** at the wall" hunch if there ever was one.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
You'd have preferred Helle and Hutch were left alone to flounder???
What would you have done???

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Keep rolling Helly,

I understand he crapped the bed the last 2 games before PAVI was called up, but the kid is just starting.

Scheifele and Laine got rested, and the line chemistry were working. So the time probably scores that many goals anyways.

What i don't understand is giving pavi all this start and 1 to Helly.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Calling Pavelec up was one of the biggest joke moves this franchise has ever pulled. A classic "throw **** at the wall" hunch if there ever was one.

It's just the icing on the cake for how they've managed the crease since 2011. Way too patient with goalies. Giving Pavelec like 4 years to see if he's a starter or not, watching Hutchinson consistently sliding down from his hot start in the league. They're going nowhere until they get serious about who's between the pipes.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Let Hellebuyck ride out his cold streak. How many stretches of bad play was Pavelec allowed to ride out?

Another much better option would've been to acquire Halak for the cost of nothing.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Let Hellebuyck ride out his cold streak. How many stretches of bad play was Pavelec allowed to ride out?

Another much better option would've been to acquire Halak for the cost of nothing.

Ding ding, winner.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

I am not sure what's taking so long for people to clue in on the obvious here. We have major competency issues from the bench up. Maurice is a .500 coach, who's been a .500 coach. Chevy has never run an NHL team. He hasn't been up for the job. The goaltending hasn't been great, same goaltending coach. Special Teams, AHL team, Defense all sub par, yet nothing changes?

What other industry would allow this? never mind one where these guys are paid hundred of thousands to millions

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Plus, streaks do not predict streaks, otherwise regression would be a far less common occurrence. :laugh:

My talk at VanHAC last year was showing how good/bad games relative to an individual goalie's typical performance have no predictive level on future performance.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Plus, streaks do not predict streaks, otherwise regression would be a far less common occurrence. :laugh:

My talk at VanHAC last year was showing how good/bad games relative to an individual goalie's typical performance have no predictive level on future performance.

Garret.

Please.

Get involved with the Jets.

We can petition Chevy, whatever team you're with be damned.

One of us. One of us.:help::help::help:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
At least they removed all doubt that Pavelec has an ability to galvanize the team and make them play with confidence in front of him and make timely saves and all that **** (hint: he doesn't). I would rather them destroy Pavelec to save Hellebuyck. It just irritates me that people push the 'Pavelec is the reason why they win games, and the team in front of him is the reason why they lose games' narrative.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I am not a Pavs fan but Helle wasn't very playing well at all and neither was Hutch, Maurice had to do something. Helle's confidence was shattered. He had a choice between Comrie and Pavs. Halak might have been a good choice but Chevy didn't pick him up so....
I would have given Helle the Dallas start then again in Chicago but what do I know.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For thousands of years the smartest people in the world used their "eye test" and concluded that that the heavier something is the faster it falls. Then someone decided to measure it...

:laugh:
We should have a prize for that.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

-pick up a goalie off waivers if one became available
-trade a draft pick and prospect for a vet

I'm not familiar of the rules in the Expansion Draft, but there has to be something the Jets could have done other than bring Pavelec up.

Helle is starting against the Wild, so I guess it's back to square one.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I am not sure what's taking so long for people to clue in on the obvious here. We have major competency issues from the bench up. Maurice is a .500 coach, who's been a .500 coach. Chevy has never run an NHL team. He hasn't been up for the job. The goaltending hasn't been great, same goaltending coach. Special Teams, AHL team, Defense all sub par, yet nothing changes?

What other industry would allow this? never mind one where these guys are paid hundred of thousands to millions

Excellent post.

I don't know what to make of it. My bet is that it may run deeper than Chevy.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Garret.

Please.

Get involved with the Jets.

We can petition Chevy, whatever team you're with be damned.

One of us. One of us.:help::help::help:

If I had the money to buy a team, I would hire Garrett9. I've heard from insiders that many times teams pick personnel out of loyalty, reputation, etc rather than actual job performance.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
at the very least treat Pav as a backup and not their starter.

Here's hoping Helly plays next and gets on a roll. Balls in his court, at least I hope. And if he wins a game and they switch again then I may finally join the dark side.
Having said all that, does there seem to be tons of goals across the entire league or is it just me? I haven't read much of this thread but does anyone know what the leave average SP is this year? Or in the last month? If equipment keeps shrinking we may see 8-7 games again :yo:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The club did the right thing by calling up Pavs.
The mistake they are now making again for the 500th time is to attempt to make him a starter which historically shows he is not.
Helle needs to play more not less.
What does playing Pavs consecutively teach Helle exactly?
Hutch had a horrific year and ultimately that created the need for Pavs albeit stop gap only for this year.
This organization really doesn't do their goalies any favours in how they handle things.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Missed this.
A most excellent post.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad