Waived: Ondrej Pavelec on waivers at noon ET today (upd: clears)

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
The Jets have a scary good roster with the additions of Laine, Conner, Tanev and Morrissey.

As a Flyers fan I'm glad we only have to play the Jets 1-2 time(s) a season, the Jets did give the Flyers a run for their money last season, the game I watched between the Jets and Flyers was exciting to watch.

Now that the Jets have sured up the goaltending position, all that remains is the Jacob Trouba situation.

The Jets have a team that can not only make the playoffs, but could go pretty deep into the playoffs this season, especially if the management can come to terms with Jacob Trouba.

The only weakness I see in the Jets line up is on the back end, but if Trouba is indeed traded that could also play it self out sometime before December 1st.
You forgot Ehlers ;) he's going to have a breakout year, trust me

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Pavelec is not very good but some of those Jets fans acting as if he was the only obstacle between their team and the Stanley Cup are laughable. I'm afraid they'll have to find a new scapegoat soon.

Nov 24, 2006
Pavelec is not very good but some of those Jets fans acting as if he was the only obstacle between their team and the Stanley Cup are laughable. I'm afraid they'll have to find a new scapegoat soon.

Precisely no one is saying that. Pavs IS the difference between having below average goaltending and not however.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Everyone must remember that Pav's played most of the last 5 years with Bogosian, Enstrom, Stuart, and 'Bad' Buff on his blueline.

Everyone must also remember that goalies on other teams with worse defenders and team results have delivered better performance.

Dude is ranked as the 45th best goalie in a 30 team league. Which means every other team has a better "#1" goalie and half the league has a better backup than the Jets with PaveLOL904ec n goal.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

No one is saying that or believes that. But Pass delivered average AHL results.....hes really bad.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Best hope is a hopeful contender has a goalie injury and dire need for someone with some experience.

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
Well...

It was a move that had to be done.

That said, Pav was a big part of the stretch run to the playoffs a couple of years ago. He also always handled himself with class.

He will find his way back up, maybe this year, I wish him well.

With regards to the idea that he handles himself with class, I'd disagree.

He had a DUI about which he failed to inform the Jets, he has thrown his defence under the bus a couple times, and he has been lacking in his off season conditioning.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Best hope is a hopeful contender has a goalie injury and dire need for someone with some experience.

I don't know if that would save him either. There are a few cheaper options (salary wise) out there that could be had for picks I think. No need for a contender to bring in an expensive goalie who has never shown he can win.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Can Winnipeg retain 50% and still get nothing of value in return? Even if for some crazy reason a contender actually felt they needed to add Pavs, I can't see how they could take him at his salary

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
With regards to the idea that he handles himself with class, I'd disagree.

He had a DUI about which he failed to inform the Jets, he has thrown his defence under the bus a couple times, and he has been lacking in his off season conditioning.

You forgot how he refused to go on a conditioning stint in the AHL last season after returning from injury.

In terms of his future, perhaps someone will be willing to take him as a backup with the Jets retaining some salary. Next year I could see KHL or him signing somewhere as a backup. Budaj played abysmal for the Moose in the AHL a few years ago, got an opportunity with the Kings AHL team last season and played his way back into the NHL as their backup this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad