Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What is it about Kase that has you spewing all this vitriol like acquiring him was a crime against humanity? They got rid of 4.5 mil in Backes for next season, and after seeing what these kinds of dumps got you have to agree we hit a homerun as far as lottery ticket no? There is one knock on Kase. He's injury prone. While that is huge, his skill level is fantastic. Did I want them to do more? Of course I did, but the plan was not add Kase and then stop looking for a 2RW... Kreider was off the market, and they didn't want to pay the price for Palmieri...Focus your consternation there maybe instead of the player. Now, you can say of the three things we set out to accomplish (trade Heinen, find a taker for Backes and find a legit 2RW)…..whelp, they did 2 out of 3 and you can say Sweeney failed, but look at that as separate scenarios. Kase had nothing to do with not finding another RW

I do not dislike him.I just think he is a 3rd liner.If anything I dislike losing a 1st rd pick to shed a bad deal Sweeney took on .I guess its a win if your looking at it as salvaging some cap space and shedding Backes.I do not dislike him though..

Reactions: JOKER 192

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I do not dislike him.I just think he is a 3rd liner.If anything I dislike losing a 1st rd pick to shed a bad deal Sweeney took on .I guess its a win if your looking at it as salvaging some cap space and shedding Backes.I do not dislike him though..

It was Sweeney's best attempt to salvage the
disaster that 2019-20 Backes became. Getting
a RW with demonstrated top 6 skill was going to
have a caveat with it.

Too bad AA was in Detroit that would have been someone to go for.

Reactions: nORRis8 and Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Good start for the kid. Obviously a little rusty but he played as advertised. Fast, tenacious, puck hound. He showed some skill and made some good plays. He tried a couple passes that didn't connect but would have been real pretty. Dallas is a tough team to score on, they really don't give you much time or space to make plays. I'm hoping as he starts to build some chemistry with Krejci those plays are going to work.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I thought he looked more confident and comfortable as the game went on. Started trying to make plays in the 3rd where he was playing it really safe in the first. The funny thing is that way from the puck I thought his game was pretty Heinen-like. With the puck he's a whole different animal though.

I predict when this guy goes through slumps he's gonna get torn to shreds around here :laugh:.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It was fun watching 28& 88 numbers on the right, just hopefully Kase can get to consistent 40+ point speed.

In few cases he seemed to play it safe and not push to the limit, which is understandable.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I thought he was fine for his first game in weeks. You can tell he is gonna generate a lot of turnovers.

I saw that in him as well. He anticipates real well defensively and has the quick acceleration to separate himself form defenders. He was active and didn't shy away from the dirty areas and that's what I like about him besides he's obvious talent. Hes not going throw any bone crushing hits or many hits at all for that matter, but he's more than willing to fight in a scrum for the puck and come away with it.

Reactions: Strafer and Bodit9

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Maybe its time to have your eyes examined. ;)
Hope this helps.

Eye-Chart.gif

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Liked his motor a lot. Played hard all over the ice. A little sloppy in his own end but 1st game on a new team in a few weeks, not too concerned. He was dogging the puck in the O-zone with good reads & stick position. Get some chemistry going & he will be good.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought he looked more confident and comfortable as the game went on. Started trying to make plays in the 3rd where he was playing it really safe in the first. The funny thing is that way from the puck I thought his game was pretty Heinen-like. With the puck he's a whole different animal though.

I predict when this guy goes through slumps he's gonna get torn to shreds around here :laugh:.

He has all the makings of a new whipping boy

:deadhorse

Reactions: JOKER 192 and BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Good start for the kid. Obviously a little rusty but he played as advertised. Fast, tenacious, puck hound. He showed some skill and made some good plays. He tried a couple passes that didn't connect but would have been real pretty. Dallas is a tough team to score on, they really don't give you much time or space to make plays. I'm hoping as he starts to build some chemistry with Krejci those plays are going to work.
His timing and positioning are off. He hasn't played in a while, new team, new assignments and not knowing exactly where to be and what his linemates were going to do... Anticipation, reaction, and first game jitters had to have had an affect on his play. Besides that he took some good hits, he probably did a "damage control" check every time someone touched him. I don't know how to look this up but did he execute any hits?
He seemed to loosen up and feel more comfortable by the third period.
I expect that (like Ritchie) he's going to improve from game to game.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He has all the makings of a new whipping boy

:deadhorse
Although I know where you're coming from, I don't care for this logic because it gives some of us license to think that it's expected... That it's their (our) birthright to nitpic a player to death.
We all do it. I've done it, we all do it. But, maybe Heinen was sensitive to it and it muted him in some way.
Heinen slowly but surely developed that reaction on his own. He's a good kid and all but the fact that he never brought his game to the next level was his downfall here. No idea if it was a comfort level or that he's just a mellow kind of guy who learned the game a certain way. He kept his motor at an even idle and didn't "get" the memo that Bruce and B's management expect growth and the evolution of a players game to continue even a few years after they've made it to the show. I really hope that he's able to continue to keep his defensive numbers up, but also find another gear, another facet to his game that he couldn't achieve here for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Although I know where you're coming from, I don't care for this logic because it gives some of us license to think that it's expected...
Heinen slowly but surely developed that reaction on his own. He's a good kid and all but the fact that he never brought his game to the next level was his downfall here. No idea if it was a comfort level or that he's just a mellow kind of guy who learned the game a certain way, kept his motor at an even idle and didn't "get" the memo that Bruce and B's management expects growth and the evolution of a players game to continue even a few years after they've made it to the show.

I won't be whipping him, I know that, but it's a perfect setup for the usual suspects around here. He will have a Senyshyn-lite syndrome on him: the Bruins should have and could have gotten <Kreider, Toffoli, Palmieri et al> and God forbid if Kase doesn't score a few goals to end the season and have a great playoff run.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The people who were ready to rip Ritchie a new one before last night must be really sharpening the pitch forks for Kase right n

Feel bad for the kid really. I personally think he will have flashes once he gets up to speed but this is no steel by any means it was a Cap dump by the Bruins and a throw in by the Ducks. Anything the Bruins get out of this kid is a bonus in their eyes.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Can we remember that we traded for someone who is injured? Every year we see "he's injured" every time there is a proposal involving an injured player. It can be done!

Reactions: PlayMakers

member 96824

Can we remember that we traded for someone who is injured? Every year we see "he's injured" every time there is a proposal involving an injured player. It can be done!

An injured player who was traded for a player on a NTC where the acquiring team wasn’t on his NTC list of allowed teams.

I don’t doubt we lost a few posters that day due to blown minds. RIP in peace.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Feel bad for the kid really. I personally think he will have flashes once he gets up to speed but this is no steel by any means it was a Cap dump by the Bruins and a throw in by the Ducks. Anything the Bruins get out of this kid is a bonus in their eyes.

Ridiculous he scored 20 goals when he was 22. Zero risk on our end with regards to his contract. Axel Anderson was buried. Much better pickup than paying a steep price for a bigger name on a big deal.

Reactions: ylekot

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I won't be whipping him, I know that, but it's a perfect setup for the usual suspects around here. He will have a Senyshyn-lite syndrome on him: the Bruins should have and could have gotten <Kreider, Toffoli, Palmieri et al> and God forbid if Kase doesn't score a few goals to end the season and have a great playoff run.
HA, didn't mean to say or imply that you would do this...

Reactions: Dr Hook

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

Not to mention that he is also associated with Backes and his contract. In fact I think I heard that he was in the room when Backes signed the contract...dude is trouble.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Maybe its time to have your eyes examined. ;)
Hope this helps.

Eye-Chart.gif

You might wanna use that your own self. I'm gonna go out on a limb and tell you all Kase is not going to amount to anything significant. You can lie to yourselves if you want to but a rebuilding team like Anaheim isn't going to give you a player like Kase is being sold as if there isn't a serious flaw. Sweeny knows what that flaw is, and soon you all will too.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

This is pretty funny, you make it sound like Senyshyn has accomplished something. The problem with Senyshyn is not where he was draft... but all the false hype created by his worshipers.

Kase has proven he belongs to the NHL and his a top 6 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad