Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well, big pressure on the kid to fill our 2nd line RW slot. I have faith he can do it, but health will be his biggest obstacle.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
A lot of pressure on this kid to produce.

Rooting for him. Hope he stays healthy and continues to grow

Reactions: BMC and TCB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you take away Kase rookie year

years 2-4

he averages per 82 games
21 Goals
25 Assists
46 Points

that is top 6 production

You just need to get him even up to 70 games per year.

I hope these kids play tomorrow

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Welcome to Boston Ondrej Kase. I hope to see you at the Garden this week !
Sounds unlikely but I hope he’s in tomorrow.

My first game this year! Really late for me. Usually at least make the home opener

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
toronto14.jpg

Kase gearing up for his first practice with the Bruins.
Looks like a nut Kase

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sounds unlikely but I hope he’s in tomorrow.

My first game this year! Really late for me. Usually at least make the home opener

They said he was practicing normally with the team so would really like to see him in.

Reactions: SPV

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
hopefully with health and a consistent spot in the lineup he can settle into being a Patric Hornqvist-like contributer where he's a constant threat for 20-30 goals and 40-50 points. I think there are some similarities in their games.

I think he has the skill to do it for sure, it's all about health. If he's healthy and plays hard he'll have no shortage of strong centers to play with.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Anaheim ranked:
- 30th (DEAD LAST) in goals per game in 2018-2019
- 26th in goals per game in 2019-2020

Not exactly an offensive powerhouse... I don't watch many of their games. Now, there is definitely some "chicken vs. egg" going on here, because Kase was a top 6 player for them... however, they were a pretty lousy offensive team over that period where he should have "taken the next step". Granted, he was injured a lot.

Boston has ranked top 10 in scoring over the past 3 years... so he is definitely being plugged into a more productive lineup, at the very least.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
This is the "flu" he contracted a couple weeks ago. nasty bugs going around this time of year. But in all seriousness I hope he can stay on the ice. Seems like Donny doesn't mind risking on concussions, seemed to work last year with MoJo.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This is the "flu" he contracted a couple weeks ago. nasty bugs going around this time of year. But in all seriousness I hope he can stay on the ice. Seems like Donny doesn't mind risking on concussions, seemed to work last year with MoJo.

It wasn't shown, but you could hear the guys talking about how Ritchie immediately went after Muzzin afterwards.

Hopefully if Muzzin tries this shit again later on this season Ritchie, Lauzon, Charlie, Chara, and others catch up to him and make him shit his pants for fear of his life

Reactions: BMC and Bmessy

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
As a Duck fan, I have mixed feelings on trading Kase. On one hand, he was hurt so much and has a very concerning concussion history. Some of us are still remembering the Simon Despres career end. On the other, Kase is so much fun to watch and an excellent hockey player. He is relentless on the forecheck, has the speed to get in early and stay on defensemen. Often causes turnovers or steals the puck. Good hands and skill, deadly on breakaways and in the shootout. Fearless and often gets caught with his head down, vulnerable to taking hits, especially head shots. Was one of the few Duck forwards that could drive play.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
As a Duck fan, I have mixed feelings on trading Kase. On one hand, he was hurt so much and has a very concerning concussion history. Some of us are still remembering the Simon Despres career end. On the other, Kase is so much fun to watch and an excellent hockey player. He is relentless on the forecheck, has the speed to get in early and stay on defensemen. Often causes turnovers or steals the puck. Good hands and skill, deadly on breakaways and in the shootout. Fearless and often gets caught with his head down, vulnerable to taking hits, especially head shots. Was one of the few Duck forwards that could drive play.

Bruins had a similar issue with Bjork for a few seasons and this season he hasn't been hurt or concussed (knock on wood).

The team probably has a game plan to help him prevent getting hurt further

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bruins had a similar issue with Bjork for a few seasons and this season he hasn't been hurt or concussed (knock on wood).

The team probably has a game plan to help him prevent getting hurt further

I was just thinking about posting this same thing- great minds and all that :laugh: The Bruins do seem to have some success with coaching some awareness into young players about getting trucked.

Reactions: rocketdan9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad