Value of: Ondrej kase - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I don't based my evaluation on raw productions. As I explained earlier in this thread, the reason I think Kase is better than your entire top 6 not named Couturier and Giroux is because he beat all of them in primary scoring rate except JVR (which is due to low shooting% this season, which is bound to regress back to the mean meaning it should gradually become higher closer to sustainable sh%) and he analytically a better play driver and two-way player. Kase is a lot better than his raw production suggests. Looking at raw productions alone is not ideal since it only account for a certain part of hockey and it's lacks tons of context.

I mean did anyone really view Konecny as a 1st liner prior to this season aside from Flyers fans?
So you are confirming Flyer fans are smarter than Ducks fans? Thanks!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't based my evaluation on raw productions. As I explained earlier in this thread, the reason I think Kase is better than your entire top 6 not named Couturier and Giroux is because he beat all of them in primary scoring rate except JVR (which is due to low shooting% this season, which is bound to regress back to the mean meaning it should gradually become higher closer to sustainable sh%) and he analytically a better play driver and two-way player. Kase is a lot better than his raw production suggests. Looking at raw productions alone is not ideal since it only account for a certain part of hockey and it's lacks tons of context.

I mean did anyone really view Konecny as a 1st liner prior to this season aside from Flyers fans?

This underlying metrics last year were indicative of first line production as well. Since metrics arent biased towards teams, what team you root for shouldnt matter, provided you are looking at the analytics objectively. So the answer to the bolded, for some of us, is yes.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Nolan Patrick, Joel Farabee/Morgan Frost and Travis Sanhiem for Rickard Rakel/Kase and Hampus Lindholm

Anaheim hangs up the phone. That helps nothing on a full rebuild team. I’m not entirely sure why people are offering prospects and players for a full rebuild mode team. Why don’t you offer that to Detroit and see if they will take it.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Trade value aside, rebuilding teams always want prospects who have upside. Just because you only want picks, doesn't make it so from a team's perspective.

Anaheim hangs up the phone. That helps nothing on a full rebuild team. I’m not entirely sure why people are offering prospects and players for a full rebuild mode team. Why don’t you offer that to Detroit and see if they will take it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What are you talkin about...all 3 of those pieces are helpful to a rebuilding team.

Reactions: Starat327

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Good to see Flyers fans so happy about their top 9 forwards. It also makes sense, given that the Flyers are at the top of the league in goals scored, right?

Right.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’m not sure if you understand if you know what a rebuild is but it involves trading core players for young high potential players.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

:lol:

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Dude wth are you talking about

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Good to see Flyers fans so happy about their top 9 forwards. It also makes sense, given that the Flyers are at the top of the league in goals scored, right?
Right
Flyers are currently 12th in the league with 158 GF. With Kases 5 goals it would catapult us into 9th. I hear you bro.

wtf.gif

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Trade value aside, rebuilding teams always want prospects who have upside. Just because you only want picks, doesn't make it so from a team's perspective.

Correct. I have no problem being in the Labanc sweepstakes. There’s a few other players I wouldn’t mind taking back on a rebuilding team. But just seeing our biggest trade pieces going for literally all prospects from other teams arsenal. And not from our scouting staff picking them. I just don’t think that’s the right approach.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Correct. I have no problem being in the Labanc sweepstakes. There’s a few other players I wouldn’t mind taking back on a rebuilding team. But just seeing our biggest trade pieces going for literally all prospects from other teams arsenal. And not from our scouting staff picking them. I just don’t think that’s the right approach.
You realize the scouts scout more than the player we picked.... and there are pro scouts too.

That package listed was actually pretty good... idk that id do it but id strongly consider it. Im guessing youd rather have their 1st... but in all honesty wed be lucky to get a player like Frost/sanheim or Patrick with a late 1s.t

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You realize the scouts scout more than the player we picked.... and there are pro scouts too.

That package listed was actually pretty good... idk that id do it but id strongly consider it. Im guessing youd rather have their 1st... but in all honesty wed be lucky to get a player like Frost/sanheim or Patrick with a late 1s.t

You know me I like our picks. But one of the Detroit fans posted Mantha being possibly available. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back either depending on price. I know he’s injured. But hes also on my wishlist outside of getting picks. So it’s not always picks or nothing for me.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Right.
If only we could have more puck possession with no goal production added (Kase's goals minus defenseman traded goals) all of the flyers's problems will be solved. Or crazy thought. We'll just keep Sanheim and rofl at other fans opinions.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes, his production will be exactly the same in Philadelphia as it has been in Anaheim this season. Also ignore anything he did during previous seasons. That's how hockey works right?

Oh, so now were adding context to things? Cool. How about the context of us losing our top goal scorer ( at the time ) to cancer affecting our Gpg?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yes, his production will be exactly the same in Philadelphia as it has been in Anaheim this season. Also ignore anything he did during previous seasons. That's how hockey works right?
Maybe it will be and maybe it won't or maybe it will get worse. trading top asset for that? and what was so special that he did previously? what did he do in playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad