Value of: Ondrej kase - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Looking from ducks fans to see what it would cost to bring him to the flyers, his reasonable contract, playing style and the fact we have his brother in our system makes him interesting, what would you guys want?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Sanheim or Ghost would probably be the ask. BM was willing to move Kase for Faulk to fill our hole on D, but there haven't been rumors of moving Kase since then.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Sanheim or Ghost would probably be the ask. BM was willing to move Kase for Faulk to fill our hole on D, but there haven't been rumors of moving Kase since then.
There is a pretty massive gap between Sanheim and Ghost at this point.

I'm sure Flyer fans would be intrigued by a Ghost/Kase type swap, but Sanheim would be off the table I'm sure.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
lol for what? For Kase? May as well call up Morgan Frost. Wasting Sanheim on that crap I wont be interested in moving Gost either not for that return... are you f kidding me?

if it was not for injuries Kase would not make Flyers top 9.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Looking from ducks fans to see what it would cost to bring him to the flyers, his reasonable contract, playing style and the fact we have his brother in our system makes him interesting, what would you guys want?

You have any young top 4 defensemen (preferably RHD)?

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
O yeah? Lindblom, Patrick, Konecny, Hayes, JVR, Voracek, Couturier, Giroux, Farabee...

Gost scored 5 goals this season just like Kase.
Well, Kase is statistically one of the top play driving forward in the last few years, while scoring at a first line 5v5 primary scoring rate since 2016-17. So far this year is not his greatest performance, but I'm pretty confident Kase would be good enough to play in Flyers' top 6 even if Vigneault probably wouldn't give him that kind of deployment.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase is unfortunately very underrated among nhl fans since he doesn't receive much ice time over the years
That and his injuries... but hes still young and cost controlled... and if he can stay heatlhy hes going to be a really solid top 6 winger.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, Kase is statistically one of the top play driving forward in the last few years, while scoring at a first line 5v5 primary scoring rate since 2016-17. So far this year is not his greatest performance, but I'm pretty confident Kase would be good enough to play in Flyers' top 6 even if Vigneault probably wouldn't give him that kind of deployment.
Supposdly hes been playin with a hand injury for a big portion of the season. Hes also shootin at like 3 or 4 % which seems like a outlier for him.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Supposdly hes been playin with a hand injury for a big portion of the season. Hes also shootin at like 3 or 4 % which seems like a outlier for him.
Yeah in past years Kase shot from around 11 to 13 % and his oish% is low relative to his past seasons, so it's realistic to expect his overall production to improve eventually. I hope he recover from his hand injury!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

he has? Where did this info come from? I attributed the regression in his shot to recovery from the torn Labrum.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
he has? Where did this info come from? I attributed the regression in his shot to recovery from the torn Labrum.
Maybe it was that and rakell was hand.... idk too many injuries the last few years to keep up with .

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Kase would play over Giroux Couturier Konecny JVR, Voracek or Hayes?

really.gif

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I don’t believe the Flyers or their fans would have much interest in Ondrej Kase at this point in time.

I would much rather see the younger cost controlled Flyer forwards get a chance such as Morgan Frost, no sense in paying 2.6mil for a struggling winger that most likely would not play in Philadelphia’s top 6.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
you mean you did not bold Konecny or Voracek or Hayes with JVR..? just stop talking..
Kase is a better play driver and all around player than all of them. Let's compare them all statistically.
Note: All of these statistics are at even strength except for GAR/60 which include all situations and ranges from 2017-2020.
P1/60 (primary scoring rate)
Van Riemsdyk 1.62
Kase 1.61
Konecny 1.59
Hayes 1.38
Voracek 1.34

GAR/60 (goal above replacement per 60)
Kase 0.64
Konecny 0.463
Van Riemsdyk 0.37
Voracek 0.255
Hayes 0.252

GF/60 (goal for impact per 60)
Konecny 0.128
Kase 0.075
Voracek 0.057
Van Riemdsyk 0.036
Hayes 0.018

GF - xGA (goal for impact - expected goal against impact)
Kase 0.156
Van Riemsdyk 0.061
Hayes 0.049
Konecny 0.029
Voracek -0.048

xG+-/60 (expected goal impact rate)
Kase 0.202
Hayes 0.136
Van Riemsdyk 0.115
Voracek -0.047
Konecny -0.072

C+-/60 (corsi impact rate)
Kase 6.42
Hayes 1.23
Van Riemsdyk 0.92
Konecny 0.22
Voracek -0.93

From looking at these analytics, we can conclude that Kase impacts the game in both end of the ice better than JVR, Konecny, Hayes and Voracek.

id take TK over him as well.
I think Konecny have been better this season than Kase. However, I base my player evaluation on a 3-4 years sample size and as of right now I certainly prefer Kase when looking at multiple years of data.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Bolded are the only two better than Kase
I'd be willing to bet that the ONLY people in the world of hockey who would take Kase over TK are true Homer's like you who don't know anything about any player NOT on their team and people who for whatever reason have a personal grudge against TK. Neutral fans from other teams would gladly take TK over Kase every single time. He is a steal already on his new contract. He does every aspect of the game better than Kase. The fact that you believe Kase is better than TK shows your comete lack of knowledge about the players you are talking about.

I'd suggest you stop now before you make yourself look like an even bigger fool

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I'd be willing to bet that the ONLY people in the world of hockey who would take Kase over TK are true Homer's like you who don't know anything about any player NOT on their team and people who for whatever reason have a personal grudge against TK. Neutral fans from other teams would gladly take TK over Kase every single time. He is a steal already on his new contract. He does every aspect of the game better than Kase. The fact that you believe Kase is better than TK shows your comete lack of knowledge about the players you are talking about.

I'd suggest you stop now before you make yourself look like an even bigger fool
Firstly, how can I be a homer when I'm not even a Ducks fan...? Second of all, the statement that Konecny does every aspect of the game better than Kase is simply false, and I posted stats in this thread to back that up. I acknowledged in this thread that Konecny is having a better season, but over a multiple years sample size Kase drives play much better and was never a defensive liability like Konecny aside from this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad