Value of: Ondrej kase - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
LeBrun's take on Kase's value.

LeBrun: Six specific trade deadline moves that make a lot of...

Anaheim Ducks trade Ondrej Kase to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect Oskar Steen and a 2020 third-round pick.

My take: I’m sure the Bruins would rather get their hands on Rickard Rakell but the Ducks aren’t moving him unless it’s a knocks-your-socks-off offer. Kase, 24, would still fill Boston’s need for a right-shot winger and his $2.6 million cap hit through this season and next isn’t exorbitant.

Reactions: Tripod

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Boston’s 3rd will something like the 90th overall, people keep ignoring how late their picks project to be. Even a second round pick is a lot less sexy when it’s the 61st overall like Boston’s was last year.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's young and has a good contract. Ne needs a healthy season.

I'm not sure why Anaheim would trade him unless it's an overpay? His value is currently low and that's not when you trade younger players on good contracts. They're also rebuilding and I think they'd want to keep a cost effective forward who is still young. The Faulk idea makes sense as it was an area of need a very good return. Kase/Necas could've been great!

Outside of his brother being on the team, I'm not sure he'd fit in Philly as they do have good depth on offence.

It'd actually make more sense for Anaheim to trade for David Kase to reunite them. David is also young and good projects to be a good Bottom 6, inexpensive player. Anaheim is rebuilding and that could be good. I doubt David is that expensive.

Kase would benefit from a trade to the Oiler's. He'd hit their top 6 right away and would have either Connor or Drai as his centremen. Based on his underlying career stats - he'd probably get more than 5 goals after that trade. He'd be an easy upgrade on Neal or Kassian.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I’m not a guy who think kase’s value is sky high, but lol at that deal..

I don't have access to read that far into the Flyers proposal but that 1st + Kyrou for Kreider gets a big yikes from me. The first, I can understand (wouldn't want to do it personally) but a roster prospect like Kyrou isn't going in the deal too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So that is like the Flyers offering Sushko +3rd....and actually Suchko has been better in the AHL(both rookies) and the Flyers 3rd will be better than the Bruins. So we are paying MORE than them with this offer.

:)

Hmmm...not quite Sanheim level value.
I assume if that is kases value he wouldn't be moved... what would be the point of moving kase for a 3rd + eh prospect.... but that isn't a factual statement, that is just click bait by lebrun… isn't lebrun east coast based? I doubt he sees much of kase anyway.

Hes still young, hes on contract, and still has a lot of potential to become a pretty good top 6 forward... no point to move him unless we feel the deal is worth it, that type of deal def isn't worth it.

If a team gets him that low, its an absolute steal if he can stay healthy... and BM deserves to be fired, more than he already does.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I assume if that is kases value he wouldn't be moved... what would be the point of moving kase for a 3rd + eh prospect.... but that isn't a factual statement, that is just click bait by lebrun… isn't lebrun east coast based? I doubt he sees much of kase anyway.

Hes still young, hes on contract, and still has a lot of potential to become a pretty good top 6 forward... no point to move him unless we feel the deal is worth it, that type of deal def isn't worth it.

If a team gets him that low, its an absolute steal if he can stay healthy... and BM deserves to be fired, more than he already does.
It is funny to see an independent hockey insider say that's what his value is after being told it would be Sanheim from the Flyers.

But I agree, he IS worth more than what Lebrun suggested. But he is still worth less than certain Ducks fans think too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It is funny to see an independent hockey insider say that's what his value is after being told it would be Sanheim from the Flyers.

But I agree, he IS worth more than what Lebrun suggested. But he is still worth less than certain Ducks fans think too.
I feel like some duck fans were def underrating Sanheim… or just don't really know who he is. Granted I feel like you could argue a lot of flyer fans were underselling on kase hard too.

I don't think Ghost is as far fetched(at least as a base) , based on the idea that Faulk was being moved for kase. Ghost is having his worst season... kase started out slow(but has looked like himself as of late, which is somwhate expected returning form surgery).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I feel like some duck fans were def underrating Sanheim… or just don't really know who he is. Granted I feel like you could argue a lot of flyer fans were underselling on kase hard too.

I don't think Ghost is as far fetched(at least as a base) , based on the idea that Faulk was being moved for kase. Ghost is having his worst season... kase started out slow(but has looked like himself as of late, which is somwhate expected returning form surgery).
Well since we also drafted a Kase, lots of Flyers fans have kept track of OK hoping David would follow in his brothers footsteps.

Most Flyers fans would love to have OK on the Flyers, but reality is that he would be a 3rd liner playing behind Konecny and Jake. That isn't a slight to OK, it's just reality.

Good to here OK has been looking better. He needs some luck in staying healthy and put together a full season playing to his potential. Just watch, it will be next year...just in time for his contract negotiations...lol.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well since we also drafted a Kase, lots of Flyers fans have kept track of OK hoping David would follow in his brothers footsteps.

Most Flyers fans would love to have OK on the Flyers, but reality is that he would be a 3rd liner playing behind Konecny and Jake. That isn't a slight to OK, it's just reality.

Good to here OK has been looking better. He needs some luck in staying healthy and put together a full season playing to his potential. Just watch, it will be next year...just in time for his contract negotiations...lol.
That's generally how it works... or well sell low on him and hell put up a 30 goal 60+ point season.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
So that is like the Flyers offering Sushko +3rd....and actually Suchko has been better in the AHL(both rookies) and the Flyers 3rd will be better than the Bruins. So we are paying MORE than them with this offer.

:)

Hmmm...not quite Sanheim level value.

You can be snarky if he is actually traded for that little value. Until then, nothing has changed. For reference, I don't think kase is enough for sanheim, but closer to that then an average prospect and pick 80-90.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You can be snarky if he is actually traded for that little value. Until then, nothing has changed. For reference, I don't think kase is enough for sanheim, but closer to that then an average prospect and pick 80-90.
Who is being snarky? I was just beating what a hockey insider says his value is at.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If he doesn't fetch more than that, no reason to move him. A mediocre prospect + mid round pick does nothing for Anaheim.

That offer is atrocious. That deal does nothing for us. Rather ship em elsewhere.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Who is being snarky? I was just beating what a hockey insider says his value is at.
No, that’s a guess at what he thinks Kase is worth, it’s as good as a guess as we all have. The only thing we do know is Kase was gonna be traded for Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad