Once promising players who are on the brink of bustdom

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Dylan Strome seems to be the first to come to mind as a player that isn't exactly a bust yet.....but if he doesn't really impress this year he will be seen as one.

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
I know Fabbri is good but could another injury make him a bust candidate? and who are other players who are one long injury away from losing relevance? lol don't say Matt Murray!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can't use guys who've been injured. I'd be interested to just name it on guys who just turned to bust.

Bennett is a huge one.

who? why? how? don't say Matt Murray please :(

Winning back-to-back cups in your first 2 years in the NHL as the starting goalie and arguably MVP in one of them basically gets you a "no bust for life" free card. Even if he never plays another game again, what he did makes him better than 90% of everyone who's been drafted.

Michael McCarron

This guy was promising?

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
How can Matt Murray bust? His career could be over tomorrow and he has done more than most goalies, at least in terms of peak.
very true but I still think if he fizzles out early, I'd call it a bust just based on what could have been

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Lawson Crouse, was going to be a prime Lucic light but seems to be destined as a bottom 6 role player. Was born 10 years too late... Really like players of his ilk but the league is moving in a different direction.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
unlucky? he's not very good

Nah, he's looked fantastic to start the year and has already had two goals taken away. That brings his career total to 7, I believe.

Also, here's some stats (which don't equal points, but then again they tell some part of the story):

Generation / 60 minutes
CF / 60 6th (4th for Fwds)
SCF / 60 4th (4th for Fwds)
HDF / 60 1st (1st for Fwds)

That's on the Flames. He's looked great, he just can't finish his damn chances. He really needs to work on his shot and I think once he does that he can be a top-six forward. This year, I think he'll score around 40 points.

Smiggie Balls

Sep 27, 2017
a lot of media peoples in Pittsburgh have been flirting with the idea of Murray possibly not being as great as everyone around here thinks.. I've always been afraid of this happening, that's why I seem so concerned with it haha

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
a lot of media peoples in Pittsburgh have been flirting with the idea of Murray possibly not being as great as everyone around here thinks.. I've always been afraid of this happening, that's why I seem so concerned with it haha

Wtf you talking about he's ALREADY WON 2 CUPS.

You can't ungreat that accomplishment even if he busts forever.

That's like me saying "I don't know if McDavid is as good a scorer as everyone thinks he is" after he won art rosses

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Slater Koekkoek. He has had some flashes but not enough to hold down a full-time spot and he won't be getting a chance in Tampa. Needs a change of scenery to get a chance but either way he won't be living up to his 10th overall selection.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Valeri Nichushkin

Once considered by Jaromir Jagr to be the best player in the world one day.

Now trying to find his spot on the Stars 2nd line. I wouldn't consider him a bust yet but it may never work out for him in Dallas. All the speed, size, and talent in the world and can't put it all together at the same time

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Is it too late to say Yakupov?

________

Calvin Pickard?

He was drafted in the 2nd round 49th overall, and I assume that he was a top goalie prospect in 2010.

I think maybe he's fading...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The great Jimmy Hayes!

That size. That flowing mane. That skating prowess. Those nifty mittens.

How did it turn out this way?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad