Once promising players who are on the brink of bustdom

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nah, he's looked fantastic to start the year and has already had two goals taken away. That brings his career total to 7, I believe.

Also, here's some stats (which don't equal points, but then again they tell some part of the story):

Generation / 60 minutes
CF / 60 6th (4th for Fwds)
SCF / 60 4th (4th for Fwds)
HDF / 60 1st (1st for Fwds)

That's on the Flames. He's looked great, he just can't finish his damn chances. He really needs to work on his shot and I think once he does that he can be a top-six forward. This year, I think he'll score around 40 points.
Lol. Not being able to finish isn’t bad luck. Just means he’s not good enough for where he was drafted. Take off the homer glasses. He’s a bust.

He gets a crap ton of scoring chances
And? That doesn’t mean anything if he doesn’t bury them.

Reactions: gab6511

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Nah, he's looked fantastic to start the year and has already had two goals taken away. That brings his career total to 7, I believe.

Also, here's some stats (which don't equal points, but then again they tell some part of the story):

Generation / 60 minutes
CF / 60 6th (4th for Fwds)
SCF / 60 4th (4th for Fwds)
HDF / 60 1st (1st for Fwds)

That's on the Flames. He's looked great, he just can't finish his damn chances. He really needs to work on his shot and I think once he does that he can be a top-six forward. This year, I think he'll score around 40 points.
He was above the 90th percentile in iXGF/60 last season among forwards

(Individual expected goals for, basically how many goals the player should have had based on his shot location/type)

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Important season for Tony DeAngelo and Jimmy Vesey on a weak Rangers team. Vesey should get a(nother) fair shot with ice time and linemates but we made a bit of a logjam for ourselves in defense. DeAngelo looked good in preseason, Vesey had a real good first three games before being kind of invisible last night so you can't count them out.

DeAngelo was a great offensive D-man in junior but he's not a total killer on the powerplay, he's not great in his own zone so it's tough to find a spot for him. Kevin Shattenkirk kind of has the same problems as a Ranger. I still like his overall game (transition, puck skills, "chippiness"), I think he can stick around the league the way Pouliot and Del Zotto are with the Canucks but that's just a warm body.

I'm not sure how much buzz he got in GM-land but definitely here, and not just with Rangers fans, Vesey was a huge deal as a college free agent. But he's been another example of that warm body, replacement player type: big but not physical, doesn't get used on the PK, not a "good fourth liner" despite size and pretty good skating, skilled but not consistent with it (IIRC he's one of our top shootout guys). Vigneault always gave him opportunities but maybe with his tools, the extra holes in the forward group from last year's deadline, whatever you want, he can start making some progress as a Ranger.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
While I wasn't expecting an allstar player, Boone Jenner looked like a pretty solid bet as a power forward back when I saw him during his world junior days. He even had a 30 goal season, but that was 3 years ago and he's barely eclipsed 30 points in the last 2 seasons.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Matt Murray has two Cup rings but he won one and a half of them. MAF won 8 games in 2017 playoffs, including the four hardest ones. Just sayin’.

Andre Burakovsky was a first rounder and he is a bust. Although I will always appreciate his two huge goals in game seven against TB.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I guess for the Flyers Sam Morin even though he is injured at the moment....Rubstov too but he has showed some promise lately...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad