Post-Game Talk: On the edge of our seat during 60 mins, indiscipline was the POTG but Price says no (Habs 3-2 Hawks)

POTG (09/12/2018)

• Total voters

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I fell asleep about an hour before the game started, then randomly woke up at the end of the 3rd period to see the Habs kill that Gallagher's high sticking penalty, score a GWG and successfully defend the lead till the end. Sorry guys, I'll try to wake up earlier next time.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
By the way, is it just me, or do the habs break more sticks on the PK than anyone else? Today was ridiculous, and its cost them points in the past.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good 2 pts. 3 wins in a row! Dam it's hard to gauge how good/bad this team is this year. I guess we can compete with the bottom 20 teams but struggle against the top 10?

10 More Games before the New Year
-Wild Tomorrow
-Canes on the 13th
-Sens on the 15th
-Bruins on the 17th
-Avs on the 19th
-Coyotes on the 20th
-Knights on the 22nd
-Panthers on the 28th
-Lightning on the 29th
-Stars on the 31st

- 2 teams in the top 10 (Bruins and Lightning)
- 2 teams in the bottom 10 (Panthers and Sens)
- 6 teams in the middle of the pack

10 more games takes us to 40 games and almost half way point. I expect the Habs to hover around that two wild card spots. Would be nice to bump the Bruins down a bit and catch the Sabres. But if we maggically snag that 3rd spot... it's either the Leafs or Lightning in the 1st round.

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Glad for the win, but if this was against even a middling team, this would have been ugly..

^^^ This

call me negative all you want, but in reality we are only beating the teams that we SHOULD be beating

we are beating bottom feeders,

i will start getting excited if we can beat some of the top teams on a regular basis....those are the games that count,

we arnt going to be playing teams like ottawa or chicago in the playoffs, we will be playing a top team (if we even get there)

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
and you would think someone who knew a damn thing about the Habs would know the pathetic promoting of locals in some circles of the media and disparaging Europeans for their agenda
yhe thing is, the last three games , i have listened to l'antichambre , Gaston was wishing for KK to play with Gally and Tatar , to show more offensive. 2-3 games as a try. Gaston wants KK to play with more talented people, and this is why he is frustrated to see KK not producing more. He doesn't want him to lose his chances. And all the panelists were wishing to have more KK and l;ess Danault , because it is clear to them who has the talent to have an offensive impast. That was the promoting i heard of the locals as you say. It was nothing against Danault they said, but they want more KK. Gaston is saying awful things but not this time.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
yhe thing is, the last three games , i have listened to l'antichambre , Gaston was wishing for KK to play with Gally and Tatar , to show more offensive. 2-3 games as a try. Gaston wants KK to play with more talented people, and this is why he is frustrated to see KK not producing more. He doesn't want him to lose his chances. And all the panelists were wishing to have more KK and l;ess Danault , because it is clear to them who has the talent to have an offensive impast. That was the promoting i heard of the locals as you say. It was nothing against Danault they said, but they want more KK. Gaston is saying awful things but not this time.
Did they want him on the PK?
That might explain Dano's icetime.

He's young, and green and will make mistakes. The intent is not to get him good this year. FCS we have had so little center depth for years, that finally changes and people want to make him a 1C this week.

Bringing him up slow means we won't get the immediate return. People should be good with that whether dano speaks French, Finnish or russian.

Dano may be an awful 1C, but if he can protect KK who has a higher ceiling offensively then run dano 20 minutes a game.

its a marathon, not a sprint.

Reactions: bouquet

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
Did they want him on the PK?
That might explain Dano's icetime.

He's young, and green and will make mistakes. The intent is not to get him good this year. FCS we have had so little center depth for years, that finally changes and people want to make him a 1C this week.

Bringing him up slow means we won't get the immediate return. People should be good with that whether dano speaks French, Finnish or russian.

Dano may be an awful 1C, but if he can protect KK who has a higher ceiling offensively then run dano 20 minutes a game.

its a marathon, not a sprint.
they just wanted him with better offensive guys. Not on the pk.
I think they are doing a nice job with him, It is frustrating to see Danault not be better offensively, but i think they should bring KK like they do, slowly.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
they just wanted him with better offensive guys. Not on the pk.
I think they are doing a nice job with him, It is frustrating to see Danault not be better offensively, but i think they should bring KK like they do, slowly.
When we play a third of the game shorthanded, its not surprising Dano gets more ice time.

And if Kotka is the second line C and you bring 1st line wingers down to play with him, guess what? He's not playing 2C anymore.

For a team that has had awful center depth, I am MUCH more behind slow and steady even if it means we don't see immediate returns in HIS FIRST SEASON in the nhl. Before we got to game 10, I was hoping we might send him down so as to NOT throw him to the wolves.

He's earned staying up, but we still shouldn't be expecting a green as grass kid to be a 1C in the league after 30 or so games in the NHL.

Dano can handle the load, run him till he breaks. If KK is expected to carry more of the load, it should be for very short periods regardless of how he does.

Believe it or not you can ruin young 1C's by doing exactly what some people are asking for. Let him play behind danault, get easier matchups and get his NHL legs before moaning about his perceived lack of production.

Reactions: bouquet

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Good:

Weber
Domi
The Kid
The 4th Line
Price
Finding a way to win

Bad:

Penalties
Faceoffs
Powerplay
Reilly - Benn Pairing

Hopefully this is one of those games where, even though we stole it, it gives us momentum going forward to stretch it into a bit of a streak.

Reactions: Svart

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
When we play a third of the game shorthanded, its not surprising Dano gets more ice time.

And if Kotka is the second line C and you bring 1st line wingers down to play with him, guess what? He's not playing 2C anymore.

For a team that has had awful center depth, I am MUCH more behind slow and steady even if it means we don't see immediate returns in HIS FIRST SEASON in the nhl. Before we got to game 10, I was hoping we might send him down so as to NOT throw him to the wolves.

He's earned staying up, but we still shouldn't be expecting a green as grass kid to be a 1C in the league after 30 or so games in the NHL.

Dano can handle the load, run him till he breaks. If KK is expected to carry more of the load, it should be for very short periods regardless of how he does.

Believe it or not you can ruin young 1C's by doing exactly what some people are asking for. Let him play behind danault, get easier matchups and get his NHL legs before moaning about his perceived lack of production.

Agreed. The way they are currently bringing him up is perfect, IMO. He's having fun and isn't swamped by undue pressure. MON caters to his confidence by giving him a dedicated PP role and calls on him with better wingers in times of need for more goals as the game wears on. Good control of O-zone F/Os VS D-zone F/Os, etc...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Good:

Weber
Domi
The Kid
The 4th Line
Price
Finding a way to win

Bad:

Penalties
Faceoffs
Powerplay
Reilly - Benn Pairing

Hopefully this is one of those games where, even though we stole it, it gives us momentum going forward to stretch it into a bit of a streak.

You could have resumed that to Benn PLAYING

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Happy about that win.... Price stole the guy and PK guys played great.

Our record after 30 games this year 15-10-5 (35pts) compared to last year 13-13-4 (30pts)

That means our record in the last 52 games last year was 16-27-9...So basically 16 W and 36 L Nasty. Well, at least we got Kotka out of it, so it was worth it.

Reactions: Agalloch

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Well we lost Weber for the season at that time. Injuries were a big part of last year's bad season.

True...that played a part. They also have injuries this year though. What else changed between this year and last year? Pacioretty and Galchenyuk.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Happy about that win.... Price stole the guy and PK guys played great.

Our record after 30 games this year 15-10-5 (35pts) compared to last year 13-13-4 (30pts)

Wow I thought we were a lot better, but its close pts wise.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm not ready to point players out like that BUT... welling to play as a team changed things.

Well that's the thing right...Seems like Domi and Tatar are very much team oriented, push forward, never give up type of players who feed off the spotlight being on them constantly. Montreal is a special hockey market. Players are constantly under a microscope. You either embrace playing here and give it your all every game, or you'll be called out/traded. I would personally use it as motivation, but some players just aren't built that way.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
^^^ This

call me negative all you want, but in reality we are only beating the teams that we SHOULD be beating

we are beating bottom feeders,

i will start getting excited if we can beat some of the top teams on a regular basis....those are the games that count,

we arnt going to be playing teams like ottawa or chicago in the playoffs, we will be playing a top team (if we even get there)

Looking at the habs roster at the beginning of the season, I'm not sure who the Habs should be beating, but since we are having this conversation now, I guess something must be going right.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wow I thought we were a lot better, but its close pts wise.

The wheels fell off soon after. The difference so far is the start. This year, they started like 5-1-1. Last year, they were something like 1-5 or 1-6 if I remember correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad