Post-Game Talk: On the edge of our seat during 60 mins, indiscipline was the POTG but Price says no (Habs 3-2 Hawks)

POTG (09/12/2018)

• Total voters

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Are you kidding me? What has Price ever done to deserve this kind of talk? He's done exactly as much as Jose Theodore did for the Habs, i.e., outside of a couple shiny individual trophies, amounts to squat.
Price has won at every level he has played, except a Cup, with a Habs organization, who are not interested in a Cup, only da playoff...and who knows what can 'appen...

Reactions: Milhouse40

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
have you watched the game? do you realised danault kills penalties and KK does not and that we had almost a third of the game shorthanded.

To be fair Danault is getting next to zero PP time recently and last night was a good example his 19 and change to KK's 13 and change. Given we took 8 frickin' penalties I'm surprised the margin wasn't greater.

Fully agreed, Danault is an invaluable PKer and far more valuable than Kotkaniemi at this point. My comment was directed specifically at Gaston's quote, saying KK needs to produce more to get more time.

"Production" is not a term you generally use to talk about penalty-killing.

Reactions: tazsub3

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Price stole at least 4 games this year. All on the road.

October 27, 2018 @ Boston Bruins (3-0 win)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
November 15, 2018@ Calgary Flames (3-2 win)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
November 17, 2018@ Vancouver Canucks (3-2 win)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
December 9, 2018@ Chicago Blackhawks (3-2 win)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
His stats on the road : 10GP-6W-2L-2OTL 2.59 91,8%

He also stole a point against Washington at home in our OT loss with multiple spectacular saves.

Reactions: Agalloch

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm going to contribute on OT stuff mostly.

Ironically, that gif I produced for you, was the last I posted on this forum. And yes, it too disappeared but dems are the breaks.

Go Habs Go!
But we've only gone to OT about 5 times or so.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dude come on. Price has been terrible for a year and a half, and he gets paid like the best goalie in the world. People are fed up. It's going to take a lot more than a few good games for people to have faith in him again. If he ever gets back to form, you can say "I told you so", but until then, he deserves the criticism he's been getting.

Who paid him the dollars and why? We heard how great Max Patch was because his contract was so good and now we are hearing how terrible Price is because his contract is so bad. Miracle of miracles we tightened up on D and started allowing Price to see the puck and he's actually making saves.
Go figure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad