WWE: On-going News: Vince McMahon voluntarily steps down as CEO and chairman amid investigations into hush money payments, Stephanie interim CEO

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I forget who it was, but a wrestler wasn't sure of a new direction for his character and I think it was Stephanie who gave him a pep talk saying Vince knew what he was doing and furthermore would never make someone do something he wouldn't do himself. The guy felt good as he walked away but 5 seconds later he realized all the insane shit Vince had done on television and knew he was screwed.

Given how big the story is, suppose it's not a huge shock, but lots of mainstream outlets picking up on the Vince story.
I’m not sure that’s totally untrue though. Not saying that’s every case, but there’s documented cases of it. Rob Gronkowski jumping off the balcony was one of them.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I’m not sure that’s totally untrue though. Not saying that’s every case, but there’s documented cases of it. Rob Gronkowski jumping off the balcony was one of them.

That's what I mean. The dude realized there wasn't anything Vince wouldn't do, so creative could make him do basically anything.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Mr. McMahon the character on TV tonight could go in a lot of directions. Vince is insane enough to do something baffling.

vince-mcmahon-explosion.gif

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Like seriously though? Why doesn't this old f*** just piss off and go live on a boat or something. Guy is like 98 years old and still involved in the business. Enjoy your remaining years you crusty old nerd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh boy, I don’t think this has happened since Benoit

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I almost forgot about that one.

I thought he was referring to Vince's own coverup:

I wasn't even aware of that one. Like I said, this payoff thing isn't even the top 5 worst things he's done. He should have been removed a long time ago but for some reason everyone's just been okay with him being a piece of garbage and in a position of power.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
With Stephanie as CEO now does this mean we should start to see better WWE content?

Why would the WWe stop it's current formula. They are a billion dollar company pushing this brand over individuals getting over model.

While I have given up on the company over y10 years ago I can't blame them for doing what generates the most revenue

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Brandon Thurston has apparently a thread about it, Vince McMahon can absolutely be removed by the BoD due to a previous agreement with the SEC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad