WWE: On-going News: Vince McMahon voluntarily steps down as CEO and chairman amid investigations into hush money payments, Stephanie interim CEO

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Vince stepping down as CEO, at least temporarily - Steph back as interim champ....err Interim CEO

yes-danielbryan.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not to get off topic but I always felt that this Vince vs. Stephanie angle/match was one of the most disgusting things WWE has ever done.
I’m sure it playing out in real life will rank up there with that

Reactions: BruinDust

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Not to get off topic but I always felt that this Vince vs. Stephanie angle/match was one of the most disgusting things WWE has ever done.
I remember feeling like that match was only booked so Vince could feel up his daughter. He was always so creepy with her on TV.

Reactions: BruinDust

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Just saw this.

Vince McMahon voluntarily stepped down as Chairman and CEO of WWE on Friday morning amid allegations of misconduct and an ongoing investigation by the company, the WWE announced in a statement.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Vince to appear on Smackdwon tonight.

That beaver shit head goof Kevin Dunn will have the Austin pop and "THANK YOU VINCE" fired up and ready to pipe in.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Apparently "Mr. McMahon" is appearing on Smackdown tonight.

Vince to appear on Smackdwon tonight.

That beaver shit head goof Kevin Dunn will have the Austin pop and "THANK YOU VINCE" fired up and ready to pipe in.

Well, this should pop a rating.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I admit I am not into the current version if the WWE--I was raised on stampede wrestling--about 2 weeks ago Stephanie said she was going to take time to be with her family--now she is back and in charge and Vince has taken a step back due to the news that came out a few days ago about that payout

There has been rumblings for awhile in actual papers of problems behind the scenes for a few years

in a perfect circle type of way--for those who forget--Vince sort of took out his father "old school" style and he always had other "plans" he never told his father when he bought the company from him

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I don't think the CEO part matters much. It's his extended absence at shows that would be a turning point/transition for the company. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse, but only time will tell whenever that transition begins.

Stephanie stepping in as interim CEO/Head of the Board makes the whole thing seem planned to keep a McMahon as CEO with Vince hoping she is a puppet that will do his bidding. I would be surprised if her stepping away wasn't in hopes of or a contrived plan to return as interim CEO once news of the settlement and/or investigation leaked.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Mr. McMahon the character on TV tonight could go in a lot of directions. Vince is insane enough to do something baffling.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I wonder how the crowd reacts to all this tonight

I wonder if he uses it to spin it favorably

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Kevin Dunn is already sitting at the audio position ready to pipe in "Thank you vince!" chants.

That said, the fans will probably do their typical bow bullshit because they're idiots.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha walked out and the entire corporate-legacy hierarchy of WWE came crumbling down almost immediately thereafter. Just sayin’

• Haha
Reactions: These Are The Days

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Vince is the literal king of the carnies. He just can't let anyone else out carnie him

I forget who it was, but a wrestler wasn't sure of a new direction for his character and I think it was Stephanie who gave him a pep talk saying Vince knew what he was doing and furthermore would never make someone do something he wouldn't do himself. The guy felt good as he walked away but 5 seconds later he realized all the insane shit Vince had done on television and knew he was screwed.

Given how big the story is, suppose it's not a huge shock, but lots of mainstream outlets picking up on the Vince story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad