Friedman: On Evander Kane's Future

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
let me preface this by saying that i am a military man; i lead for a living. and unfortunately, i see this all the time.

its not that he was physically afraid of him, but he didnt have the leadership and character to take a young man by the collar, and address his flaws as a professional, face to face. its extremely common to see a "leader" that isnt willing to have the tough talks. to then take it further, and take swipes at them behind their back, thats toxic, he solved nothing.

admittedly, i had to go back and look at the details of this incident again. (i wasnt sure how they got his track suit off him, after a team meeting.)

if byfuglien snuck into the locker room, stole kanes clothes, and threw them in the shower, then 100% that is ineffective. any message he was trying to send would be lost.

if they walked up to kane told him why he was wrong, and then threw it in the shower. its a bit of a different story. maybe you could have motivated him that way, maybe.

1) not professional.
2) you didnt handle anything.
My understanding is they do their team meetings naked in Winnipeg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Anyone that thinks the track suit incident was the first, is kidding themselves.
A telling comment can be heard by Kane when questioned who he'd like to drop the gloves with, he said Blake Wheeler and Andrew Ladd.

member 290103

Kane's obviously a guy that rubs people the wrong way. He's a tremendous talent though and gives it his all game in and out. Reminds me a bit of Kesler.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Buffalo is probably looking for Hanzal trade value for him. I can't see teams biting with the attitude issues. I can however see him possibly signing here in Vancouver when he hits Free Agency. He was born here and does charity work in the Summer. He was a big part of the Memorial Cup Championship win here in Vancouver and I think he'd be a perfect fit alongside Bo Horvat and Brock Boeser.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I could see Kane in Nashville. He'd be a good rental for a Cup run. He would also have so much fun in that city. :)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I could see Kane in Nashville. He'd be a good rental for a Cup run. He would also have so much fun in that city. :)
Kane will be a good rental in most places. Cobsidering there are luke 23 serious cobtenders for playoffs there are plenty of teams that could do with him as a rental as most are not exactly deep at LW. The question is who is ready to pay the most to get him as that is all that Botts will care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad