TSN: On Ekman-Larsson and the Maple Leafs

Would you trade any of the big 3 for OEL?

• Trade Matthews for OEL

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Trade Nylander for OEL

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Trade Marner for OEL

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Don't trade for OEL

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Trade prospects/picks for OEL

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nope. Just wait and see who makes it to UFA and go after those players. Wait for Liljegren to develop, see how the team does this playoff run before making any decision.

We didn't lose to the Capitals because our defense wasn't good enough. We lost because our offensive depth wasn't as good as theirs at the time. We're fine defensively. Middle of the pack at the moment and potential to get better.

Reactions: firstemperor

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It makes zero sense to trade one of the big three for a defacto rental. None whatsoever.

A futures centric package though should st least be considered, but at this point I think I'd be fine just letting the chips fall where they may when it comes to Leafs defensive prospects. Maybe one of Dermott or Liljegren turns into that home grown top pairing guy.

Edit:typo

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Big minute, big skating, big shot on the powerplay...but Mitch and Willy aren't on the table, and I would prefer to keep Morgan.

Gardiner, Kapanen, Brown, any pick and any prospect (I would only give Liljegren if 100% necessary).

OEL-Zaitsev
Rielly-Hainsey
Borgman-Carrick

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Nope. Just wait and see who makes it to UFA and go after those players. Wait for Liljegren to develop, see how the team does this playoff run before making any decision.

We didn't lose to the Capitals because our defense wasn't good enough. We lost because our offensive depth wasn't as good as theirs at the time. We're fine defensively. Middle of the pack at the moment and potential to get better.

um. Marincin, Pi.
Marincin.

Reactions: david999

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It makes zero sense to trade one of the big three for a defacto rental. None whatsoever.

A futures centric package though should st least be considered, but at this point I think I'd be fine just letting the chips fall where they may when it comes to Leafs defensive prospects. Maybe one of Dermott or Liljegren turns into that home grown top pairing guy.

Edit:typo

why would it be defacto. it could be a sign and trade
(I don't agree w/this per se but again the ideology for debate shouldn't be all "NOPE!" and close discussions).

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
(I don't agree w/this per se but again the ideology for debate shouldn't be all "NOPE!" and close discussions).

Is he even eligible to sign an extension right now? Extension in place is a different story

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Big minute, big skating, big shot on the powerplay...but Mitch and Willy aren't on the table, and I would prefer to keep Morgan.

Gardiner, Kapanen, any pick and any prospect (I would only give Liljegren if 100% necessary).

OEL-Zaitsev
Rielly-Hainsey
Borgman-Carrick

If we can keep Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly then Arizona can have literally anything and everything else they want as far as I'm concerned.

But not interested in giving up Marner or Nylander. If we could sign OEL longterm at the same time then maybe I'd think about it, but he's not eligible to do so until the summer, so that's a non-starter for me.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Well he wouldn't be able to sign a contract until the offseason, so that would nullify any trade talks until then at the earliest.

and even then, I'd prefer to offer Arizona a deal centred around picks and prospects than move out proven young talent. Especially considering to trade for OEL is to "win now" more than anything

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Gardiner
Kap
Bracco or similar b level prospect
2nd 2018

is what i'd offer , gives them something to help them now and potentially in the future , i'd also throw in Hyman but that's the last player Babs would allow to be traded

if it's not enough , i'd look elsewhere , we're not desperate

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Would probably cost in the range of

1 good young NHLer (or soon to be NHLer), Ie Brown/Kapanen + a couple 1sts or equivalent value.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Would probably cost in the range of

1 good young NHLer (or soon to be NHLer), Ie Brown/Kapanen + a couple 1sts or equivalent value.
As I Leaf fan I cringe when thinking of trading a couple of 1sts. Your welcome Arizona for the quality C and top 4 RHD you drafted there. Probably would be good added to our own team.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad