Post-Game Talk: On All Hallow's Eve, Bobrovsky came dressed as a sieve. Jets won, 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Nice road win for the Jets. Enjoyed Peluso's beatdown of Boll

I thought the 4th line (and especially Peluso) had a good game tonight. Nice to see Copp get his first. PK looked great, the PP (at least in the 1st) looked really dynamic - extremely good puck movement.

BLS had a strong game as well - all of Lowry, Burmi and Stafford had good games. LLW strong too - they seem to have gotten back into their groove. Stafford was quite good on the PK - that was a nice surprise.

Pav was sharp when he needed to be.

Strong game overall - nice win, methinks. :nod:

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I know there's no point in tweaking lines when we're rolling, but I'd I wonder if Copp would compliment Lowry-Burmi well as a winger.

That would allow Petan to slide over to the center spot with Stafford and Thorburn.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Only caught the tail end on the game, but man...did we get love from HNIC...like WTF?!!!!111!!!!

I can't blame Pavs on that second goal, it was where momma keeps the peanut butter.

2 points, and on to the Pea Soupers!!!!

The second goal was one of the few times this season I've seen Pavelec revert to his former bad habit of dropping a knee when the puck is below the goal-line. If he's on his skates that shot hits him in the shoulder even if he doesn't see it from the pass through the shot.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This team consistently beat teams below them last season

Yeah, I remember that narrative being thrown around until somebody pointed out that the Jets were statistically better-than-average against bad teams -- I think it was something like against the bottom N teams that gave up 75% of all possible points, the Jets scored over 80% of all possible points.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah ok buddy, was that not Enstrom failing to outmuscle the diminutive Atkinson, who bounced off him to set up the pass, call a spade a spade. Stuart played fine, bad luck penalty.

If you need to place blame when it is 6 on 5 I'd go Toby-Stafford-Pavs.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Yep imperfect as I said. Goaltending is a variable too. I am sure he is aware of the stats, he also is aware of who is a plus and a minus, and did speak about that. Fancystats tells you Trouba was bad, but was he bad tonight. Nope. Played a real smart game. You can not make a perfect statistical analysis of hockey. Too many variables. Buff gets caught on a pinch, Enstrom gives up the pass to the middle for a breakaway that Ladd breaks up for a penalty, how do you analyze that? Or Enstrom coughs up the puck in the slot, Lowry I think it was bails him out. Nothing statistical shows up, except one player fixes another's mistakes, as a team. A coach needs to understand a game, as it is played, not how it is measured, that's my point.

If PM believed in +/- at all then 5-8 would be he 1-2 pairing, not the 5-6 playing sheltered minutes.
I'm actually not sure why I'm arguing this, it is like having and argument about the earth being round with a flat earther. They know they are wrong but argue about it anyways.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
I am not a Pavs hater but if you are on your knees on the goal line it looks like he had no chance. If he was standing up and on the pass out came out towards the shooter a bit, it could be an easy save. It did happen fast and it was a good shot so it is hard to fault Pavs as it was a good shot and may have went in no matter what he did.

And on your knees against the post like that is exactly how goalies are taught to play when the puck is behind your net. It's textbook. Watch any other goalie in the league...especially Price if you like. It was just a good shot.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scores his first gets awarded the helmet

[nhl]862240[/nhl]

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If PM believed in +/- at all then 5-8 would be he 1-2 pairing, not the 5-6 playing sheltered minutes.
I'm actually not sure why I'm arguing this, it is like having and argument about the earth being round with a flat earther. They know they are wrong but argue about it anyways.

Keep trying homey, you may get it right, or fill up the hot air balloon. Who was on the ice at the end of the game? Sheltered? There are no sheltered d-pairings. We have 3 good ones. Stuart-Trouba played more minutes than Chiarot-Myers, which was probably a reflection of Chiarot having some struggles.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So, not to nitpick, but we are up 2-0 and have all the momentum and #14 screws up a breakout and takes a penalty and boom 2-1. Against a team like LA, sure we need some 'toughness'. But we need some 'hockeying' at some point. You can't tell me JC Lipon would do a worse job than Peluso.

Really like the effort, thought we would win and we did.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
You know what I like best about this team? That even as we stand strong in the toughest division in hockey and continue to rack up the points, we find things to criticize :P I don't like that as much as what it represents -- the Winnipeg Jets, as a team, have been reduced to First World Problems.

I thought Peter Griffin was doing the play by play.

If Denis Bayek responds to an incompetent refereeing call with "You know what really grinds my gears?", I will know for sure he lurks this board.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm thankful Maurice knows Enstrom is a very good player.

And also that he knows the benefit of advanced statistical analysis.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I'm thankful Maurice knows Enstrom is a very good player.

And also that he knows the benefit of advanced statistical analysis.

Yup. Of all our D, losing Toby to injury would jeopardize our season the most. Not hard to figure who we could most afford to...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
CSsMIbCU8AEhWkr.png

Trouba's TOI seems wrong... hmmm.. It was 14.8

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Two graphs that show Corsi's meaning:

screen-shot-2014-09-20-at-5-18-23-pm.png

Players that tend to out shoot, also tend to out score.

screen-shot-2014-09-20-at-5-46-34-pm.png

Players that tend to have differences in their Corsi and Goal differentials one season tend not to the next year.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Yup. Of all our D, losing Toby to injury would jeopardize our season the most. Not hard to figure who we could most afford to...

You would think so but the fact is we win with Enstrom out of the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad