On a positive note, JVR gonna rip it up this year

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Look out.

This guy's offseason training has taken him to another level. He's gonna have a career season.

Just looks like he can go to another level whenever he wants now. Explosive and so much confidence. Not to mention, looks like nifty mitts 2.0 at times. This guy has elite hands, both for dishing the puck and scoring.

And another playoff performer on the team. A guy that showed up against Boston. He's a leader on the team now.

This is the year he puts it all together. I'm thinking 70+ point season. 30+ goals.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
jvr-usa-slide.jpg

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
IMO JVR is underrated by Leaf fans. Despite scoring 2 goals less than Kessel (tied with Kadri) and was 3rd on the team in points, you seldom heard praise like Kessel and Kadri received. Heck, Lupul, who was injured for the majority of the season received more praise.

Ace88*

He honestly is one of the best players in the league within 3 feet of the net. His ability to grab pucks and just somehow get them in the net from close in is sooooo undervalued. I can't believe we have like 6 guys that could easily score 25 this year (Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Clarkson, JVR, Raymond) and 4 that have a shot at 30.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
This is the year he puts it all together. I'm thinking 70+ point season. 30+ goals.

I dont expect 70+ points.. Im thinking something around 55, with 25-30 goals. Which is still very good, considering the other things he brings to the table (size, plays the PK, etc).

Hopefully I'm wrong, I just dont think his offence will be THAT dominant.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
I just hope he fixes his inconsistency issues much like how Kessel fixed his . Not exactly with scoring but elevating his overall game has helped wonders and hopefully JVR follows the same path.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Time for him to start proving why he was taken 2nd overall.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I dont expect 70+ points.. Im thinking something around 55, with 25-30 goals. Which is still very good, considering the other things he brings to the table (size, plays the PK, etc).

Hopefully I'm wrong, I just dont think his offence will be THAT dominant.

I usually dont like to make pradictions but I think that he's going to pot 35 this year. He and Kessel will be dominant this year and could fight for top line minutes on Team USA.

Side note: 4 of our top 6 were drafted top 10. The other 2 weren't drafted at all. :p:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well here's hoping that he has one heck of a year. He's definitely looked good in the pre-season and think he's definitely ready to continue improving this year. Not sure on the points but would love to see him in 30s in goals. Makes the top lines a whole lot more dangerous when you have multiple guys who can really score.

Don't think I picked him up early enough to be a steal, but glad to have him as a Leaf representative on my own fantasy team :).

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
I agree. If all of guys from last season hit their stride, we're going to have a tough and very potent offense. Kadri, Kessel, Lupul, and JVR all have potential to be close to PPG (obviously all 4 won't be, but they all have the talent for it).

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
does anyone know any info on his offseason training? Lost/Put on weight? Worked on his skating?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Time for him to start proving why he was taken 2nd overall.

Considering his draft position, and compared to Kessel, he sure has gotten away with little scrutiny in this market. Maybe because of all the hype from when he was in Philly, always on the verge of putting it all together. If he can be consistent the sky is the limit.

snizzbone*

does anyone know any info on his offseason training? Lost/Put on weight? Worked on his skating?

It looks like he worked on his skating. He's got a really long explosive stride and has been burning around guys in preseason. He can move so fast for how big he is. Also one of the best in the league around the net.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
ya whenever jvr gets the puck down low like 1 step off the net he just goes god mode, and that speed..... deadly. Hes honestly on his way to becoming the best overall player on this team in my opinion

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

his skating was decent last year, but its obviously much improved this year, he is significantly faster.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
With Kessel seemingly bringing his game to another level late last season + playoffs and JVR again putting on a show in the playoffs and carrying it over to this preseason, we certainly could see those 2 put on a show this season. Imagine if Kadri is with them too :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad