GDT: OMG!: 6/12 | SCF Game 1 | Boston Bruins @ Chicago Blackhawks part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I just want to say to everyone that we got this. The bruins will win game 2 and ultimately win this series. Clode has game tape from last nights game and will make proper adjustments to help us win. I'm definitely not panicking at all. Go Bruins

Well, everyone can now rest easy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If Horton makes the play he is supposed to and plays the puck hard or even is just frigging strong on the damn puck the first goal NEVER happens. Then he was nowhere to be seen after the turnover.

I know we can't predict what would have happened later on in the game but **** we just went up to goals and he makes THAT play in THAT position on the ice? :help:

I am sorry Nate is hurt but he wasn't having a good game before that.

Kelly :help:

Looch and Bergy looked great :handclap:

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Then why on earth would you not put Redden or Bartowski in next game? Any reason to expect anything different from him next game?

Because he has been really good in every other game, and I trust the larger sample size.

If he struggles again in Game 2 I make a move. I try not to be reactionary. I don't always succeed, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis and now the wheels are coming off and I am losing my mind.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm so impressed with how far this team has come.

If you would've told me that (with a week or two left in the regular season) Ference would log 40+ minutes and Lucic had 2 goals in SCF game 1, I'd ask for whatever it is you were smoking. :laugh:

We got this in 7, my friends. :banana:

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
I find it funny that not to long ago people were jumping on the Krug bandwagon and loving the kid.

OOOOpppps he makes a mistake and now he needs to be benched. Poor kid.

Question:

Did anyone see Seids let his man go to turn around and go pick up his stupid glove...:shakehead

Krug does not need to be benched, he needs to be coached and told to calm down.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I find it funny that not to long ago people were jumping on the Krug bandwagon and loving the kid.

Question:

Did anyone see Seids let his man go to turn around and go pick up his stupid glove...:shakehead

Thank you. He has his only bad game in the playoffs, and people want to throw him to the wolves. If it wasn't for a great save by Crawford, he would've finished it in OT too, then everyone would be on here kissing his ass today. I think we tend to hold the younger players up to more scrutiny, destroy them when they make mistakes, and forget some of the good things they did during what might have been a tough game for them. I would like to see what he does after going through some adversity. I am willing to bet he bounces back next game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Agree on Bart, not on Soderberg. Yeti hates taking the body? Based on the extensive amount of time we have seen him this year? Soderberg is a big body, and he has shown that he has no issues going to the dirty areas, and as last night showed, that's usually where the deciding plays are made.

Caron is a grinder, and he doesn't make the players around him better. Maybe putting Soderberg with guys like Kelly or Pevs gets them going?

I read some of the scouting reports and they all said he says away from contact but will engage when he needs to. Just not sure I'd put him in given that he's only played a few games in North America.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

Question:

1. I don't see anybody jumping off of his bandwagon/saying he needs to be benched.
2. He played a subpar game overall. It was more than just that turnover.
3. I agree 100% with the bolded
4. If Krug doesn't play well in game 2, I'd then consider the options, possibly giving him a game off. One shaky game is not enough to get your name off the line-up card, but 2 shaky games in the SCF? It's worth consideration.

I trust probability, I think this game was the anomaly for Krug. He scored 5 goals against one of the elite nhl goalies, he'll be fine.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
1. I don't see anybody jumping off of his bandwagon/saying he needs to be benched.
2. He played a subpar game overall. It was more than just that turnover.
3. I agree 100% with the bolded
4. If Krug doesn't play well in game 2, I'd then consider the options, possibly giving him a game off. One shaky game is not enough to get your name off the line-up card, but 2 shaky games in the SCF? It's worth consideration.

I trust probability, I think this game was the anomaly for Krug. He scored 5 goals against one of the elite nhl goalies, he'll be fine.

You need to read back further, perhaps prior to when you woke up this morning. :)

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

Question:

I was thinking the same thing about Krug. After that horrible turnover that lead to the goal, the announcers were saying he spent a lot of time on the bench after that. I didn't agree with that move at all. The kid should have been talked to, and put out on his next shift. Confidence is a big reason why he's effective. If he doesn't have the confidence to join the rush and skate, he's useless.

Also, am I the only one who things the Bruins were outplayed last night? The Hawks had most of the puck possession time, and the Bruins didn't seem to have much of an answer for the ridiculously aggressive Hawks defense. Those guys jump up in the play and pinch CONSTANTLY. Our forwards need to make decisions sooner and break out a bit lower in the zone. They've been trying to chip it up along the boards, and kick it out to a streaking player in the middle. The only problem with that is the Hawks are quick and the forwards are responsible and get into position to cause a turnover.

I'd also like to see our D pinch a bit more too. The Bruins backed off a bunch last night, and let the Hawks gain speed in the neutral zone.

The Bruins need to be much better if they want to win. They didn't have the legs the Hawks did, and now it's going to be even tougher if Horton isn't going to be back.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
You need to read back further, perhaps prior to when you woke up this morning. :)

:laugh: yeah I give those folks a break. But now that we've got fresh heads and a bit of rest/coffee, I think people here have been pretty level-headed in their Krug-sessment. I didn't read the earlier posts here, but I could only imagine. :laugh:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 16s
Tough nailing down injury specifics during the playoffs. I'm hearing Nathan Horton's injury is not that bad, but he's doubtful for gm 2.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
seguin, this is your chance to prove you should stay on a line with guys who give a ****. Don't blow it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad